Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Re: Newbie Questions  (Read 7856 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2004, 09:13:06 AM »

Not to familiar with it being referred to as the "stage 1" setup but I have always investigated or just gone out and changed airbox/computer/exhaust on any new vehicle I have owned. Well......ever since fuel injection came to be standard operating procedure.

I jumped all over the place on the boards asking about performance and sound. Also visited a few dealers service dept's to get the mechanics opinions. Didn't want outrageously loud but wanted to know I had made a performance enhancement. Am really happy with the sound of the Hookers and it really snaps away from lights now. Seems like loads more TQ but I don't have any dyno sheets to back it up.

Lovin it though.

You might want to get it dyno tuned......before your exhaust turns colors.  Just a thought.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2004, 10:02:01 AM »

Hey Naitram, what do ya think?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2004, 07:12:14 PM »

Also how do I get paint codes for some helmets I want to match to the bike? (Please no metrosexual comments.)

See! I'm tellin you guyz matching painted helmets are a cool thing! LOL!
This a bike I saw at a local FORR bike show today. I just couldn't resist the pic. I know it's not a CVO but it was only 2 bikes away from an FXR3.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

dvmstr103

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2004, 07:18:54 PM »

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Here is what I have DUG up. Stock 03 SEI2 with Bassani pipes and SE air with stage one race = 120 HP and 120 TQ, +/- a couple of each.  Fact or fiction?  After that over haul will add 53mm throat and cams w/port/polish heads and race tuner to end at 138 HP and 135 TQ.  Second trip to the shop gets deep into the pocket.  Anyone with the second upgrade please comment, as to the first please comment and do I skip this step and start shoveling money for speed? I have found that very few shops have any knowledge on these bikes so a little help here............
dvmstr103 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2004, 08:15:27 PM »

who did you hear that information from.....because it is the most inaccurate that i've heard.  Generally speaking,  our motor at peak efficiency produces about 100-103 ft lbs torque and 95-98 hp.  that's it, period.  Any dyno tuner who is getting numbers above that is misleading.  there is i believe a ratio - i think it's 1 hp per cubic inch- something along these lines....with that carb, cams and head work i would take a shot in the dark....................about 110 hp/ without knowing what cam torque is tough...115 [smiley=laugh.gif]
stock for now

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2004, 09:51:21 PM »

I'm more inclined to go along with Serk on this.  Those numbers are very high for the mods that you mentioned.

My bike (and several others listed in the Electra Glide forum under the "dyno numbers' thread) stock with the exception of SE high flow air cleaner, HD race tuner and V&H Pro Pipe dynoed at 100 HP and 104 lb. ft. torque.  That is SAE corrected and the dyno sheet is posted.  Several others are within 1 hp or 1 lb ft. of torque of mine, too.  

From those numbers, you have to start changing the cams, heads, pistons, oil pump, throttle body,  etc. to get the numbers up where you're talking about.  

Like Serk said, "where did you get your information?"
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.