Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: WO-517 WILD ONE CHUBBY BARS  (Read 6939 times)

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
Re: WO-517 WILD ONE CHUBBY BARS
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 06:12:38 AM »

Man I like my chopper

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »

I bot the 515's for my SERG. Then I found out it's like 6-7 hours labor to put them on so I havn't put them on yet. I got sticker shock when I heard that. Does it really take that long to put them on?
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »

I bot the 515's for my SERG. Then I found out it's like 6-7 hours labor to put them on so I havn't put them on yet. I got sticker shock when I heard that. Does it really take that long to put them on?

It's pretty much an all day (and then some if you hit a glitch) job.  You have to pull the outer fairing to get the wiring disconnected and the speedo/tach cluster to get to the clamp.  Then disassemble the wiring connectors to pull all the wiring through the new bars.  Then reverse the whole thing to put it all back together.  Not particularly difficult, but definitely time intensive. Triple-check your pin positions on your connectors when you dis/reassemble them, and you will prevent wasted time trying to trace wiring problems.

Your arms, back, and shoulders will thank you for your efforts, if you spend extended time in the saddle.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.