Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: It's 07' rumor time ya'll...  (Read 13489 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: It's 07' rumor time ya'll...
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »

Unless they made it a great value I would think it would be hard for the MoCo to produce a Sportster CVO and have people willing to pay for it...

I helped out my wife's friend this winter and stored her "little" Sportster in the garage with my other bikes.  Of course she couldn't come and get it, cold spring weather and single, so I rode it up to her place for her with the wife in tow.  I couldn't hardly fold my old ass up enought to shift and/or get comfortable on it.

I think the cost of a SE version Sportster would eliminate it from a logical project as jfscheck pointed out.  

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 11:28:15 AM »

Unless they made it a great value I would think it would be hard for the MoCo to produce a Sportster CVO and have people willing to pay for it...

I would tend to agree unless the CVO changed it's focus and made a retro Sportster with a 1957 paint job, high pipes and such.  Or a hard core track-ready Sportster, sort of like the Destroyer VRod.  More likely would be an anniversary Sportster along the same lines as the 35th anniversary Superglide out this year, and it's not a CVO bike (although IMO I think it should have been).  The Anniversary Superglides were all individually numbered 1-3500 with a commemerative plate--something I think the CVO should be doing with all it's bikes.

Ultimately though the price thing would be an issue for a Sportster.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »

logical  

"Logical?"  When did that ever figure in to buying a bike?  ;D ;D ;D

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »

Was talking with someone with info last night at the dealership and the only 2007 scoop I could squeeze out was "No FXSTS Springer Softail" for 2007. I might reconsider my desire to part with it for that FXDWG2 I have been searching for. David Mann did alot of Springers........
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:01:08 PM by Wrongway »

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 07:21:07 PM »

CVO Street Glide - Had one - it was a 2004 CVO Electra Glide in "Black and Orange" - just compare the two...  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

Six-speed for the touring bikes - would be small cost to the motor co. so why not as that rumor has been running for two years now...  ::)

Motor option for the Touring bikes?  As long as it meets emissions - sure...  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Second year for the CVO Ultra Classic - That's a no brainer but perhaps with a Six Speed...  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

For 2007 there is a slot available for a CVO.............the Fatboy slots needs to be filled. They made an 05 and an 06.........if History follows suite then there will be no 07 CVO Fatboy..............that being said, there should be a new CVO for 07.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 10:14:10 PM »

See attachment:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 01:39:25 AM »

The Anniversary Superglides were all individually numbered 1-3500 with a commemerative plate--something I think the CVO should be doing with all it's bikes.

Why don't we make our own, there must be some way to find out what sequence they came off in.

I have that on my SRT 10, we did a plaque.  How about a CVO sequence plaque?

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »

Why not just make the serial # our sequence?  It's simple and probably what the moco has done.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2006, 10:23:18 AM »

I Love the ideal of a plaque!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2006, 10:54:44 AM »

Why not just make the serial # our sequence?  It's simple and probably what the moco has done.

I started to think about the logistics, X number of different CVO Models times how many guys would want them. Seems like an overwhelming task.  I actually was going to PM a certain great member to ask about it and decided it would be overwhelming for a volunteer.

Although if someone had the skill to do it and the time it would be great.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:55:11 AM by Rjob749 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

May not be that simple.  I forget where I saw it--maybe right here on this board a while back--but supposedly the VIN's for the CVO bikes may or may not run concurrently.  The story I saw was that the frames were pulled off the regular lines as needed, some number at a time and not as a dedicated set destined for the CVO line.  Also, unlike the 35th anniversary Superglide, which had exactly 3500 examples (plaques declaring "number X of 3500"). the exact total number of CVO bikes produced within any given year/model is hard to nail down.

This is from our own FXR page:

This is just an FYI for all you FXR4 owners.  [highlight]I wrote to the factory to ask specific questions about why and to get a history of my bike.  I got a pretty generic reply, however there was one interesting piece of information.  This is straight from the factory.  There were exactly 980 FXR4's made.  They made 608 yellow 49 state models and 56 for California.  They also made 293 tangerine 49 state models and 12 for California.  I know that does not add up to 980, but those are the numbers they sent to me. [/highlight] <snip>  

In my case, the FXR frame had been discontinued since 1994 and resurrected in 1999 just for the FXR2 and FXR3, so I might reasonably figure from my VIN that I have FXR2 number 431.  But out of exactly how many?   And who's to say that frame numbers 430 and 432 weren't FXR3's, so where does the FXR2 count start and stop?  900 is the total figure for FXR2's that is commonly accepted but unless someone can get the MoCo to state that as fact, then it's only a best guess.

So, before I went to the trouble and expense of making plaques for each bike, IMO, somebody would need to get from the MoCo an accurate list of VIN's for each CVO make and model over the years.  And good luck on that, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 11:42:22 AM by RedFXR2 »

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 12:16:18 PM »

The Ultra board already has some of the info on file.  Most of us have already given our vin and other info.  Why not set up the same spreadsheet for each of the "classes".  Since this isn't anything official, we could just set up our own "out of" and uniquely identify our own bikes.  Getting the moco to truly tell us how many bikes were made may be difficult, though it may be possible.  It wouldn't take that much effort to use the vin to sequence everything.  We would assume that the frames were pulled as needed, so the vins many not necessarily be directly in sequence, but lower vins were certainly made before the higher vins.  Looking at the Ultra list, there are definite patterns.  The toughest part may be coming up with a vendor talented and detail oriented enough to make the plaques.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 12:21:09 PM by arcticdude »
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »

"Since this isn't anything official, we could just set up our own "out of" and uniquely identify our own bikes."

The thing about this is, until someone proves us wrong, we're right.
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 03:21:25 PM »

The thing about this is, until someone proves us wrong, we're right.

That's exactly the kind of thinking we need!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »

[highlight]The thing about this is, until someone proves us wrong, we're right.[/highlight]

That's exactly the kind of thinking we need!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! (Wizard of OZ) [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.