Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: FLHXSE Is Dead for 2013  (Read 170084 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: FLHXSE Is Dead for 2013
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »

Just confirmed by Harley the Streetglide is not available for 2013 as a CVO, along with the Softail Convertible. The Ultra and the Roadglide will continue for another year. So what 2 bikes do you think will fill the void. Some will be very surprised. LED headlights are standard on all new 2013 CVO's

Playing devils advocate, lets say he does have the inside track, and he asked what do you think would be the next ones as it didnt seem like it was a mainstream bike.

SE Deluxe

SE FXD maybe even water cooled :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »

This just in from a reliable inside source!!  HD just announced a partnership with Suzuki to produce the first ever "BusaGlide" for 2013.  This incredible bike will be a first-ever sport/touring/racing combo.  Have yet to confirm that Willie G has crossed over but there are strong indications that that has happened.  Will only be produced in very limited quantities, only color is Harley Orange, and will be built by dedicated robotics (will not use other model assembly robots to produce these bikes).  Not to be outdone, both Ducati and Kawasaki are said working on similar projects (from same reliable inside source) - more to come!

Stay tuned for more verifiable info on this world-changing event!  (God, I have been gone for a while........)

Grinner
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »

:drink:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »

I'm still not buying the story about being a Harley employee with insider info, from a guy who has to come on this site to ask us "Does the 2012 SESG come with the Smart Siren II that works with the pager?" along with other product info questions a real Harley employee could get answered by dialing the extension for the CVO department down the hall.

Anyhow, for those who think there is some sort of a limit on how many years they can or will run one model, check out the FLHTCUSE7, soon to be 8 I'm sure.  Harley abandoned the true spirit of the original CVO program (an idea borrowed from the Ford SVO program) many years ago.  It's not about a small skunk works type of operation anymore, it's about a highly profitable option package with higher and higher volumes.  So I don't really forsee a $25-30k CVO Sportster, since that would probably generate about 50 sales in the USA.  I also don't forsee more Dyna or V-Rod CVO's that dealers can't sell any better than the last one's they offered.  Could try another CVO Fatboy I suppose, those seemed to go over pretty well.  But the volume and thus the big profits is in the Touring line, and I truly believe they will continue to offer multiple models within that line.  If they decide to eliminate either the SESG or SERG next year, I think they will replace it with a $60k CVO Trike.  Talk about some heavy duty profits.  And they will market it to those rich retiree's who will just love to have a fancy Harley they can park next to their tricked out custom golf cart at the retirement village.

Oh, btw, since the world wide web is pretty much an anonymous place where we can be whatever or whoever we claim we are, I've decided I'm also a Harley employee.  I'm in the Public Relations office HF, stop by some day and we'll do lunch.

Jerry ;)

PS:  I really don't give a chit about this since I have no intention of buying another Harley, but I'd hate to ignore the thread and miss out on all the speculation and general BS.  This is almost as much fun as watching the bachelorette or any of those other highly contrived "reality" shows.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »

Those who know don't talk.  Those who talk don't know.  IMHO.    :coolblue:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »

I'm still not buying the story about being a Harley employee with insider info, from a guy who has to come on this site to ask us "Does the 2012 SESG come with the Smart Siren II that works with the pager?" along with other product info questions a real Harley employee could get answered by dialing the extension for the CVO department down the hall.

Anyhow, for those who think there is some sort of a limit on how many years they can or will run one model, check out the FLHTCUSE7, soon to be 8 I'm sure.  Harley abandoned the true spirit of the original CVO program (an idea borrowed from the Ford SVO program) many years ago.  It's not about a small skunk works type of operation anymore, it's about a highly profitable option package with higher and higher volumes.  So I don't really forsee a $25-30k CVO Sportster, since that would probably generate about 50 sales in the USA.  I also don't forsee more Dyna or V-Rod CVO's that dealers can't sell any better than the last one's they offered.  Could try another CVO Fatboy I suppose, those seemed to go over pretty well.  But the volume and thus the big profits is in the Touring line, and I truly believe they will continue to offer multiple models within that line.  If they decide to eliminate either the SESG or SERG next year, I think they will replace it with a $60k CVO Trike.  Talk about some heavy duty profits.  And they will market it to those rich retiree's who will just love to have a fancy Harley they can park next to their tricked out custom golf cart at the retirement village.

Oh, btw, since the world wide web is pretty much an anonymous place where we can be whatever or whoever we claim we are, I've decided I'm also a Harley employee.  I'm in the Public Relations office HF, stop by some day and we'll do lunch.

Jerry ;)

PS:  I really don't give a chit about this since I have no intention of buying another Harley, but I'd hate to ignore the thread and miss out on all the speculation and general BS.  This is almost as much fun as watching the bachelorette or any of those other highly contrived "reality" shows.
OP never said in what capacity he worked at H-D... anyone from the sanitation engineer (janitor) of a dealership up to Wilie G himself could (honestly) say they work for H-D... just sayin' ;) :D Oh... and a high percentage salespersons/parts persons/tech persons at dealerships don't know what comes standard on CVO's (would use the shocked emoticon but by now most aren't shock at their lack of knowledge ;D)

I also am not in the market for another Harley either.... hell.... everyone knows I haven't used up the one I got. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »

I also am not in the market for another Harley either.... hell.... everyone knows I haven't used up the one I got. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I couldn't imagine you giving up all the good years left on your battery!!   :2vrolijk_21:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »

I couldn't imagine you giving up all the good years left on your battery!!   :2vrolijk_21:

d00d without a pumkin would be like Don without a red bike.
Would never work.

::)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »

Exactly!!!! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »

d00d without a pumkin would be like Don without a red bike.
Would never work.

::)

SBB

Yea, what he said :2vrolijk_21:... we all know Don will always have a(t least one) red bike. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SciFiGuy

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSEIII
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »

Hate to jump on the rumor train but I will say that when I was in the process of working the deal for my SESG the sales manager did state that he doubted the Harley would make the SESG for 2013.

Now I chalked that statement up to being a sales ploy like if you don't do it now you may not get the chance again so I really didn't give it much credit.

He also went on to state that he wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a CVO Trike this year.

Anyway we only have a couple of months to see for sure.  :nixweiss:
2012 CVO FLHXIII Citrus/Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »

Yea, what he said :2vrolijk_21:... we all know Don will always have a(t least one) red bike. :D :D

Amen to that Brother :2vrolijk_21: .

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: to the Touring SE V-Rod.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:42:34 PM by Z10 »

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »

They make the call on what bikes they are going to build for 2013 back in 2011, so they do not care what is selling fast or not he's probably right on the money with this one only time will tell my friends.
DND

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

It was a hard decision: buy a 2012...or wait?   I bought a Ruby 2012 ...mostly 'cause I wanted it NOW!!!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 21 queries.