Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Seat Mods  (Read 5739 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Seat Mods
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »

Check this thread, Seth would be a good guy to try. Everyone seems to be happy with his work.Seth @ Auto Originals, (505-327-1078) Farmington, N.M. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=89530.0
Seth did mine. Yesterday was this first "long" ride on it. (285 miles)  It did well and the seat backs he makes are really solid.
RETIRED! :fireman:

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Re: Seat Mods
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 03:49:12 AM »

Hey guys thanks for all the replies and info.

So here's the verdict on the stock seat. It will not be replaced with any other seat. We were able to do 2 test days this past weekend on the new bike, both days were well over 100 miles and my wife's back did not hurt one bit, not even a tingle. I know this doesn't sound like many miles but for test rides for "her back" this is monumental. Any other bike we have tried (including a brand new 13 RG Ultra) and within 45 minutes she had to get off. So, I will not be taking the chance of loosing anything gained with a different seat.

For my own review of this seat..... Obviously no long distance review, but, for the distances I have, this thing is extremely comfortable and supportive.
Now, all I really need is for the rider portion of the seat to be lowered a touch and have a nose job. Not really interested in sending it somewhere without being able to personally give instructions I think I'll try the guy in Winston Salem. PMing for the number. If that doesn't work I'll probably do it myself.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.