Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 alarm question  (Read 1256 times)

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
2011 FLHTCUSE6 alarm question
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »

All CVO's have alarm sirens, correct?  Either I don't have one, or its not working.  Several write-ups in mags, press releases, etc., on CVO's all mention an alarm siren.  When I picked up the bike last week, even the salesman mentioned keeping the fob close to the bike when he pushed it outside, so the alarm wouldn't go off.

My '05 Wide Glide (not CVO), the siren was a $125 option, that I didn't get, but the lights flash, etc.

Pg 137 of FLHTCUSE6 owners manual  states that the signals will flash and siren will sound.  Nothing mentioned of the siren being an option.

Pg 138, Figure 47, shows a picture of the Smart Siren, and nothing mentions it being an option, so I'm assuming it is standard for CVO's.

Pg 138 also mentions "chirp" and "chirpless" modes when arming; I've tried switching back and forth from chirp to chirpless; nothing.  Next, I left the fob ~50 ft away, figuring the alarm siren would sound if I started moving the bike, regardless of chirp or chirpless mode.  Lights flashing only, no siren.

So, I figure my siren isn't working, or it is missing.

Does anyone know where the siren module is located?  I'll look for it, see if I can find the module, or a wiring plug that would connect to the alarm siren module.  I've had the bike a week, and I'm close to going in for 1K service.  I will ask the dealer to get the alarm siren working (in chirp mode when arming) and full alarm when needed, but I don't want them to tell me it doesn't have an alarm siren, and look like a fool.

thanks in advance,
Joe

2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

Rickasha

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
Re: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 alarm question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »

Joe,
The alarm on my bike wasn't working from the dealer. Took it in and it took them about 5 minutes to get it going.

oneday0211

• CVO1: 2011 Ultra Classic Screaming Eagle
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »

Mine came with alarm and siren stock, all works fine try leaving the fobs inside and go turn your switch on and see what happens. Lights should flash and siren goes off. Maybe they did not hook up the siren up.

Alesius

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »

Joe,
I also have the FLHTCUSE6, and mine came with alarm & siren. It's standard on the CVOs, at least in Europe. My dealer specifically asked me if I want the siren to be on. It's off by default (apparently some customers don't want alarm/siren to be activated - at least that's what I was told).
After I confirmed that I want to have it activated, they did something (no idea what), and it works fine.

I would go back to your dealer and ask him to check it, and switch it on if necessary.

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 05:49:08 PM »

Rickasha, Oneday0211, & Alesius,

Thanks so much for your replies!  Sounds like all I've need to do is let the dealer know at the 1k service.

thanks again,
Joe
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 06:33:39 AM »

Oh kewl, excellent Q&A. I was wondering what the deal is with this alarm system and thought I would have to buy more components for the system. I'll get this beast hooked up later on. Too bad I didn't think about it when she was in the shop for service.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »

dealers usually don't activate the alarm when new bikes come in as it's a nuisance as long as the bike is in the shop. Our dealers even doesn't activate it on the demo-bikes if not especially asked for.

And beware: they often set the manual deactivation code on 1-2-3-4 or something similar if not expressly instructed to do otherwise because that keeps handling customer bikes easier for them - but that can make life easier for other people too  ;D
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.