Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Doherty PowerPacc  (Read 23522 times)

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Doherty PowerPacc
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:04:19 PM »

I just pulled the trigger on my first mod. Doherty PowerPacc with Power Vents.  Now I just need to decide on how to keep that air flowing on the other end.  If anyone is interested, it is their “Smokin’ Deal of the Day” for $250, saves a few bucks.

Gregg

http://www.dohertymachine.com/dod.php

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Doherty PowerPacc
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »

Gregg...that's a good deal on a great product...after reading Beagles comments on the improvements made to Los Dragon, and seeing the results of a higher flow A/C on my own bike while on the dyno, I bit...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:04:48 PM »

Gregg...that's a good deal on a great product...after reading Beagles comments on the improvements made to Los Dragon, and seeing the results of a higher flow A/C on my own bike while on the dyno, I bit...

It's official, TC has the worst OCD on the site.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »

ALCON,
          I have no financial interest in Doherty Machine, don't even know Tim Doherty except as a voice on the end of the phone so you can believe me when I say this is the best money you'll ever spend on your motorcycle.

Big B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »

It's official, TC has the worst OCD on the site.
Where you been, you just realizing that? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 07:31:21 PM »

A feller can't get a break here at all, can he?  ;D

TTS Mastertune

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement, I had to really think hard about spending $250 on a new air cleaner setup but it is one of the few products that I have never read a bad word about and it appears that it could prove to result in some cheap and easy performance gains.

Gregg

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 07:47:30 PM »

A feller can't get a break here at all, can he?  ;D

Terry, just had an potentially consequential thought.  If your engine upgrades are going the Zippers route you'll like want to hold off on buying this new air cleaner.  That engine kit includes their intake and throttle body.  It mounts the air cleaner a bit differently and they say you can only use their air cleaner kit (supplied with the package) with their intake.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 08:01:29 PM »

Terry, just had an potentially consequential thought.  If your engine upgrades are going the Zippers route you'll like want to hold off on buying this new air cleaner.  That engine kit includes their intake and throttle body.  It mounts the air cleaner a bit differently and they say you can only use their air cleaner kit (supplied with the package) with their intake.

Don I think you're correct, TC you need to off that thing cheap?  PM  me

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 08:02:36 PM by Rjob749 »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »

Don, thanks for thinking of that...and I had already considered that fact...but, since that work is a year off, I figured what the hell, might as well give what I've got right now a bit more air.  I would never have believed that the SE A/C did not flow enough air for a stock (other than pipes) 103, but it was proven to me on back to back Dyno runs on my bike, and this was one of the A/C recommended by the tuner to provide those same results.  Just another 3 or 4 hp and about that much torque, so I guess it's worth it... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Eventually, I'm going to have a bunch of used parts to sell....they're piling up...

TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »

Don, thanks for thinking of that...and I had already considered that fact...but, since that work is a year off, I figured what the hell, might as well give what I've got right now a bit more air.  I would never have believed that the SE A/C did not flow enough air for a stock (other than pipes) 103, but it was proven to me on back to back Dyno runs on my bike, and this was one of the A/C recommended by the tuner to provide those same results.  Just another 3 or 4 hp and about that much torque, so I guess it's worth it... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Eventually, I'm going to have a bunch of used parts to sell....they're piling up...

Ewwww, dang it, better order my own.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »

Good deal.  Glad it was part of the overall equation then.  When the time comes there is a peculiar particular crowd of people you might be aware who will likely give you most of your money back on the Doherty unit too  [smiley=drink.gif] ;D .

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 08:25:19 PM »

It's blue! [smiley=nervous.gif] :o [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

What's the three sentence explanation on what that does that a regular SE air cleaner setup doesn't?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 08:35:15 PM »

Good deal.  Glad it was part of the overall equation then.  When the time comes there is a peculiar particular crowd of people you might be aware who will likely give you most of your money back on the Doherty unit too  [smiley=drink.gif] ;D .

Yea, I'll put this on, then sell the "Roll Your Own" kit to some deserving soul, run this system for a while, then have your problem at some point in '07, trying to come up with a cover for the Zipper's kit...maybe by then something will turn up.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 08:58:24 PM »

It's blue! [smiley=nervous.gif] :o [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

What's the three sentence explanation on what that does that a regular SE air cleaner setup doesn't?

Here's a few sentences about claimed benefits from American Rider (one of several on the Doherty website)

Performance Tech
For several years the Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle High Flow Air Cleaner Kit has been the preferred standard for many hop-up enthusiasts. These days, however, there are several alternatives. Doherty's Power PACC is one of them.

The PowerPACC kit is claimed to improve airflow by 15 percent. It includes a machined billet back plate that bolts directly to the heads, eliminating external brackets; a washable fabric air filter; and a one-piece venturi that snaps into place creating smooth unobstructed airflow.

Complete instructions and hardware are also incuded. Stock and aftermarket air-filter covers bolt right on; we ordered our kit with Doherty's own optional round cover.

The optional PowerVent Twin Kit eliminates the need for a separate breather tube between the cylinder heads. These one-way valves vent crackcase pressure while preventing back-flow into the case.

We installed both of the kits on a 2003 Deuce, owned by Rick Barnard, American Rider's IT technician. Our installation went without any glitches or confusion; the kits were complete and the instructions were clear. It took about two hours, even while pausing for photos.

We all liked the clean looks of the Doherty setup. Rick reported that his Deuce ran just fine without any remapping or fiddling with the EFI system. His Deuce is equipped with Hard-Krom's Sideburner 2-into-1 system. He said that the bike responds more quickly and crisply to the throttle. "It just feels more peppy," he said.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.