Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Hi from Oklahoma  (Read 7302 times)

Harley103

• My CUSE

• CVO1: 2006 Screamin Ultra Classic
Hi from Oklahoma
« on: February 05, 2007, 09:56:25 PM »

Hi to all the fine folks out there.  I joined sometime ago and promptly forgot that i did until some one in the zippo club seen my avator and reminded me of this place so I figured I better get on it or give it up. There sure are some nice looking bikes here. I ride a 2006 Screamin' Ultra that the wife and I really love, it was hard to get because so few went to each dealer and then there was the shipping delay from Harley.....oh well, it was worth the wait. Hopefully I will be able to sucessfully upload a picture, but not sure whats gonna happen. Looking forward to talking with all of that are willing. Take care
Harley103
www.members.cox.net/woodturner4
Every night before going to bed make sure you...pet the dog, kiss the wife and hug your Harley

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Hi from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:03:06 PM »

Harley,
Welcome and welcome back to the best site on the web.  Lot's of good people and information.  Plus we're all more than willing to help you spend your money.  You made the right decision coming back.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »

Harley103,
Welcome to the Internets best CVO/Harley website glad to have you join us. Make yourself at home and enjoy. :2vrolijk_21: Lots of great members willing to help and answer questions if you ever have some.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 10:07:41 PM »

Welcome Harley.  Where in Oklahoma are you?  I have a daughter and son-in-law in Guthrie and my best friend and his wife live outside Tulsa in Sapulpa.  All ride Harley's of course.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:20:01 AM »

Welcome from you friends south of the Red River.  Great looking bike.  Weclome (back) to the site. :2vrolijk_21:
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 01:29:21 AM »

Any chance your bike came from Stillwater rather than OKC?  I saw one of those at Stillwater about the time everyone was running out.  Just wondering if it was the same bike?

By the way, you're going to hop on I-40 and go to Hot Springs with everyone in September aren't you?

beyondthepaint

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:07:59 AM »

welcome from Augusta, GA.

nice looking bike!

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »

Welcome from cold NC great looking bike ride warm....

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:41:26 AM »

Morning Harley103 !

:welcome_005: on this site from FRANCE

Best regards  :vrolijk_26:
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 11:29:47 AM »

Welcome Harley103.   I see you added some mods already :apple:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 01:51:28 PM »

By the way, you're going to hop on I-40 and go to Hot Springs with everyone in September aren't you?

Don-That was exactly my thought when I read the post.  The great state of Oklahoma is still not represented at the Hot Springs Gathering, correct?

Welcome or welcome back Harley103,

Ride Safe,
Ghost

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »

Don-That was exactly my thought when I read the post.  The great state of Oklahoma is still not represented at the Hot Springs Gathering, correct?

Welcome or welcome back Harley103,

Ride Safe,
Ghost

Don't believe it is Travis.  Messages were sent to Crawdaddy and Arctic and a couple of others.  Don't remember anyone immediately ponying up though.  Would be odd if Arkansas is attended by NY and Massachusetts but not by Oklahoma.

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

:welcome_005: Harley103, nice pic :xyxthumbs:

Harley103

• My CUSE

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »

Howdy folks, first let me say thanks for the warm welcome. My real name is Rick and I live in Oklahoma City and as for helping me spend my money (RedDevil) i'm afraid some one or something has already beaten you to it.  I got a notice from this place they have here in Oklahoma that call themselves the Oklahoma Tax Commision. Seems they think I owe them a little over 5 grand in back taxes and penalties and interest on a 401 payout back in 2001. After a lengthy discussion with them I think i'll be able to get them to waive the interest and penalties but still owe the tax of just over 3 grand. I told them they could have anything but the couldnt have my Harley, they failed to see the humour in that. I now have 60 days to pay the taxes. I'm not trying to drum up pity just explaining why I might not be able to take any trips or vacations for a while which includes Hot Springs. I'm not saying it can't happen but at the moment its not looking real good. However I am not totally giving up hope.

Any chance your bike came from Stillwater rather than OKC?  I saw one of those at Stillwater about the time everyone was running out.  Just wondering if it was the same bike?
Don't think it was the same bike Twolanerider,  we jumped on the bike as soon as it arrived so it didn't see anytime on the display floor.

Welcome Harley103.   I see you added some mods already :apple:
Yea skycuse2, I did put on some Vance & Hines Big Shot Duals as well as their ignition module and I think it was called a Stage 1 air cleaner or something like that to help with the bigger exhaust (deep breathing in, deep breathing out).
And Cobaltman, I was born in Texas and still have family in South Texas so thanks to my brethren south of the Red River.
Ok, i've gone on long enough, once again thanks for the warm welcome, with a little faith and lots of hope maybe we'll meet in Hot Springs. Take care.
Rick
aka: Harley103
Every night before going to bed make sure you...pet the dog, kiss the wife and hug your Harley

Bagger

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

Hey Rick, and welcome to CVO Harley.  Those Big Shots Duals look awesome.  Did you leave the stock baffles, or did you put the quiet baffles in?  I'm asking because I had Big Shots Long for Baggers on my 02 Ultra, and I put the quiet baffles in.  It was a really nice sound............but when I romped on it, there wasn't much difference from the stock baffles, and after a 500 mile day, my wife and I were both numb and "buzzing."  I'm looking at the True Duals and Ovals, but I really like the uniform look of the Duals too.  So, my question is...........how loud are they, and how do you feel after listening to them for 500 miles in one day?

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 10:05:29 PM »

Welcome to the site and enjoy the view/information/fun and everything else...

Harley103

• My CUSE

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:24 PM »

Hi Bagger,
 those Big Shot duals have the stock baffles in them and yes they do have a loudness to them but not so much that it bothered me or the wife when we rode from Okc to Kansas City on a Saturday and rode back on Sunday. About 700 miles round trip. I will say that we were wearing helmets on the way up but on the way back it was so hot (close to 105 degrees) that I was just wearing the ol' dew wrag. I guess its a personal thing but I like the way they sound and unless the laws start getting strict I won't opt for the quiet baffles.  However, if you listen to the stereo a lot then it might be a bit of a problem.
Thanks for the welcome Bagger and Jock, this place sure seems to be full of friendly people, and thats a good thing
Harley103

Bagger

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 11:16:44 PM »

Hi Bagger,
 those Big Shot duals have the stock baffles in them and yes they do have a loudness to them but not so much that it bothered me or the wife when we rode from Okc to Kansas City on a Saturday and rode back on Sunday. About 700 miles round trip. I will say that we were wearing helmets on the way up but on the way back it was so hot (close to 105 degrees) that I was just wearing the ol' dew wrag. I guess its a personal thing but I like the way they sound and unless the laws start getting strict I won't opt for the quiet baffles.  However, if you listen to the stereo a lot then it might be a bit of a problem.
Thanks for the welcome Bagger and Jock, this place sure seems to be full of friendly people, and thats a good thing
Harley103

Yessir........no shortage of great folks around here, and we're glad you joined us.  Thanks for the info.  Think I'm gonna stick with the Dresser Duals and Ovals.  I don't mind loud.  Heck, I even like it...........but I really like having my OL with me, and if it means I gotta give up some loud..........oh well.

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 12:44:35 AM »

Welcome to the site Harley. You have have the best color seuc there is ;D ;D ;D Sorry to hear about your trouble with the tax man , hope you get it straightened out w/o loosing your shirt.
2006 flhtcuse,V@H true duals with classic slash cut mufflers with end caps, slotted six spoke drive sprocket,fuelpak tuner,nav sys,stage 1 intake,chrome inner primary,SE six speed trans,chrome intake backplate.
2005 flstsci,aux lights,se mufflers,sta

Harley103

• My CUSE

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 06:58:30 AM »

Thanks HDguy,
It is the best color isn't it. And the tax man can have my shirt as long as he does'nt touch my CUSE'.
 :D
Harley103

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »

Welcome aboard...beautiful bike...it IS the best looking of them all. ;)
Rick
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »

A Great Big CVO :welcome_005: Welcome to you, glad you found your way here.  :vrolijk17:  Sure happy your zippo buddies reminded you about your membership here.   :cherry:

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »

Welcome back Rick. Glad to have you back and good luck with that tax problem. And you are right , hang onto that harley.
WOODY

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 09:42:54 PM »

Howdy Zippo buddy! Good to see you made it over here . . .  yep it is a great group of folks just like our Zippo fanatic buddies :)

Check out this possible upcoming limited edition Zippo...
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »

here's a black version....I really needed somewhere to upload these anyways to link them to a few people that are looking at them giving me feedback. If anybody has any comments on these let me know - PM if you'd like as I'm not ready to introduce in a big way to the site just yet, still getting prices and contemplating ideas.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »

CEEJ,

Put me down for one of those zippo's...!!!

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Harley103

• My CUSE

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »

Oh yea Ceej,  this is a great bunch of folks. Thanks again.  As for those Zippos, they look awesome. I think the black ice makes the logo stand out a little better but either way I want one. I only have 22 harley zippos so I got room for more.
Harley103

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 10:50:50 PM »

A twist on the Black .... Engraving under the clearcoat - I have to ask about the paint options, I worry about it lasting since most of these guys will use them ( Oh The Thought!! ) ;D - But this might stand up a lil better, also this shows how we could have them numbered for true limited value and personalized even I think with our own bike letter thingy's - you know model whatever - you get it...
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 10:54:29 PM »

A twist on the Black .... Engraving under the clearcoat - I have to ask about the paint options, I worry about it lasting since most of these guys will use them ( Oh The Thought!! ) ;D - But this might stand up a lil better, also this shows how we could have them numbered for true limited value and personalized even I think with our own bike letter thingy's - you know model whatever - you get it...
ceej,
You can get something like that made??

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Harley103

• My CUSE

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 11:10:44 PM »

Oh yea, companies have been putting their logos on Zippos for a long long time. I'm sure that Zippo will be more than happy to do one up. I'm not sure but I believe the minimum order is 50 and of course the nicer the lighter the more it will cost.  Ceej should be able to answer your questions for sure.
Harley103

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »

Yep - since the 30's & I got the proof! The nicer lighter the more $$, and the extra touches like the third version I posted featuring the 1 / 50 numbering and personalization cost a lil more. It is a min order of 50. Just playing around now, Still got to work out the details, make sure the cvoharley.com bosses approve, decide on design and get prices. If it happens I will do a rough preorder, to get a quantity figured out and see if what the folks are interested in. Then I will pull the trigger and make it happen, I look forward to the whole process and having a few extra's for my collection, maybe a few I could sell at the Zippo 75th anniversary celebration this summer - hey they're having a bike run at the event 7/28 Bradford, PA!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 02:04:42 AM »

Good to see you active H103. Nice ride. Enjoy the site. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.361 seconds with 21 queries.