Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Tour 2020  (Read 8108 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Rocky Mountain Tour 2020
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 01:53:56 PM »

And once again a ride over the Million Dollar Hwy.  No guardrails and in many places it's straight down just a foot or so from that white line.....

Yes, RVs and trailers.....even tractor trailors go on the Million Dollar Hwy.   I would suggest that when you go through the two tunnels just hug the center line (the highest part of the tunnels).  There are a lot of switch backs on this road and some steep grades but a lot of places to pull out and let it cool down.

Durango, Colorado...........

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:30:57 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 01:54:15 PM »

Moving on through New Mexico.........

I learned how to read Apache sign language while I was on the road.  This sign says New Mexico Hwy 12........

My last night on the road of this three week road trip was at the Desert Inn Best Western in Safford, Arizona.  Two hours from home but over 100F.....I spent the night here and was home by 8:30 a.m. the next day.

The Rocky Mountain Tour may have well been the best ride of my life!  I rode a total of 4,673.6 miles from when I left my garage until I returned to my garage.

It was a solo ride but I hope that all of your enjoyed the journey with me.........
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:31:35 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 01:54:45 AM »

love it! So pissed I missed this trip..
Alan

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

JC, as always, wonderful pictures and a great ride.  Thanks for taking the time to post.  Can't wait for the rest of the trip
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 12:38:25 AM »

love it! So pissed I missed this trip..

Yea, I thought about you a few times on this ride Alan.  I'm ready to go back.....let's roll......

West Coast GTG   

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 08:35:25 AM »

Thanks for the excellent trip report. Makes me thirsty to return to Colorado and points NW.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 01:11:33 PM »

I appreciate your posts and your amazing pictures of your trip. I have been to most of your trip with the exception of AZ and NM and it sure brings back nice memories. Thank you JC.
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »

I appreciate your posts and your amazing pictures of your trip. I have been to most of your trip with the exception of AZ and NM and it sure brings back nice memories. Thank you JC.

One of the main reasons that I do these photo ride reports.....the other reason is to motivate people that have never been to any of these locations is to spread their wings.......get out there and ride.

I have been to all of these places with the exception of Glacier National Park, mutlitple times.  But I'd never been to all of these locations in one ride so that was my bucket list.

West Coast GTG   

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 04:21:01 PM »

What a ride. Been to a couple of those places myself. Great pics! Thanks for sharing..

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 05:06:43 PM »

JC,

You never cease to amaze me, and I am so thankful for it.

As you have already suggested, the ride report can be a source of motivation and for me therapeutic.  In reviewing the imagines and comments, it provides me with even more reasoning as to why I want to return to these locations and more. 

I am so pleased to read that you were successful in checking off an item on the “bucket list” but not so fast.  That bucket list has many rides to go and places to see my friend.

Like others have stated, I appreciate and know the time, energy and effort placed into these reports.  You have provided so many over the years and guided many of us to locations we may have not visited because of them.  Keep ‘em comin’!

I am so sad that I was unable to be on this one, but something tells me I have a ride comin’!  Not to mention, I must make one in the future with ya so start planning!

Love ya brother.

Harvey Mushman

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 08:48:54 PM »

Thanks for taking us along on another great ride JC. I wish I could have gone too. The big street bike might make it to Arizona this winter. Either way, the current plan is to be back with the RV in two months.
See you then,
Tom
Special Thanks to JCZ for his help in routing some of my two cross county trips.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 08:57:58 PM »

Thanks for taking us along on another great ride JC. I wish I could have gone too. The big street bike might make it to Arizona this winter. Either way, the current plan is to be back with the RV in two months.
See you then,
Tom

Tom we go to Colorado on Aug. 1st for a week of RVing and a day of horseback riding the Colorado Rockies.  I'll post up on facebook.  Then we're back here for a couple of weeks before leaving on our longer RV trip to California, Ore, Wash, Idaho, back over to Glacier NP (now Babe wants to see it) then down through Colorado again, to Texas before returning back here.  So we'll get back here after you return.

How's things up there in Shelter Cove?  Weather good?  It's been miserable hot here.

West Coast GTG   

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2020, 10:38:37 PM »

Great right up ,love the pictures.
Parts of your trip put us close as we were going through Oregon and into some of Idaho.
If you're close to Spokane Wa  on your RV trip and want to meet up,  pm me and I'll get it into my schedule.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

masiman

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 01:44:50 PM »

Thanks for sharing your Rockies loop. Absolutely beautiful pics! Having lived in Colorado Springs, and Longmont,CO in '79 and '80, wow has it been that long, I've ridden many of those same roads.  jT 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2020, 08:56:07 PM »

Thanks for sharing your Rockies loop. Absolutely beautiful pics! Having lived in Colorado Springs, and Longmont,CO in '79 and '80, wow has it been that long, I've ridden many of those same roads.  jT

Time to go back again....... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.