Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Issues With Sunglasses  (Read 2875 times)

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
Re: Issues With Sunglasses
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 03:06:31 PM »

I had the same problem. Started wearing the Jackson Nemesis safety sunglasses for work and realized how comfortable they are. You get them polarized or not. They look alot like Oakleys and are less than 8 bucks a pair and even less if you buy the multi pack. The ones I use for riding, I snip the rubber tips off about 3/4 -1’ so they stop while still behind my ear flap. They stay down on my nose good and do not bounce.

People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 10:53:03 AM »

Buy grey tinted safety glasses with 'Z87' stamped on the temple for daytime.  They meet OSHA & ANSI standards for impact resistance, clarity, infrared/ultraviolet blocking.  Get clear lens for nighttime. They're cheap enough that you can try several brands to find just the right fit. Safety glasses that fit over prescription glasses are available if 'style' is not a big factor.  Buying 'name brand' that meet no standards is a waste of money.  Safety glasses with a mirror coating look cool but are easily scratched.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 11:03:48 AM »

Take your helmet and go to CostCo vision department.  Try on all the frames till you find one that works.  Buy it and have it turned into sunglasses.  Take the photochromatic option as you can wear them in the day (they turn dark) and in the night (they turn clear).

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 08:19:37 PM »

What’s wrong with the harbor freight glasses? They are so cheap I keep an extra pair in the bike so if something happens who cares. But then again I am rough with sunglasses so spending a lot of money is out of the question  ;D

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 02:03:50 AM »

Thanks all for the replies.

Yes Kevin, the Harbor Freight glasses have their place for sure.  Just looking for a bit nicer looking pair with a bit more function.  I've had the auto darkening glasses before, but the new ones really go dark and clear.  My old ones got dark and then only went about half way to clear, not really good enough for night driving.

When we get settled into our new Shouse in MI, I'll go check out the optical departments at the big stores.

Thanks again, Dan!!!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2022, 12:46:34 PM »

When we get settled into our new Shouse in MI, I'll go check out the optical departments at the big stores.

And when you do, bring your helmets so you can check for clearances and pressure points.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.