Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fltruse high rpm  (Read 2105 times)

Zenji03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

Fltruse high rpm
« on: March 09, 2022, 08:37:38 PM »

Good day fellas I'm new on this forum and also the bike. I have 2015 fltruse that i replaced water pump. After replacing it i noticed the rpm went up to 1800 used to be under 1k. Bike has stage 4 upgrade according to my buddy that i got the bike from.
My issue is high rpm can anyone help me how to turn down the rpm without goin to stealership  ;D? Thank you all

05Quadrasteer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2020 Road Glide CVO
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)
Re: Fltruse high rpm
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 06:36:06 AM »

Is this high rpm all the time?  Or just when you first start the bike?  I have the same year and model you are referencing.  I have noticed on some colder mornings when I start the rpms will be higher. After a bit of time they come back to normal.

Bill
2023 Road Glide CVO
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)

Zenji03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 12:27:38 AM »

High rpm when it's cold is givin till it warms up, but since i replaced my water pump it's been high all the time unless i push the grip forward a bit, not to engage or enable the eitms. I also replaced my heated grips with kahuna heated grips.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 06:47:46 AM »

First don’t blip the throttle just before shutting off the bike, it stores your idle rpm. If I remember the procedure correctly, with run switch on, turn the ignition on, wait for the engine light to go off and turn it off. Do it 4 times and it will reset your ecm idle. Don’t touch anything else while doing this on-off routine.
Good day fellas I'm new on this forum and also the bike. I have 2015 fltruse that i replaced water pump. After replacing it i noticed the rpm went up to 1800 used to be under 1k. Bike has stage 4 upgrade according to my buddy that i got the bike from.
My issue is high rpm can anyone help me how to turn down the rpm without goin to stealership  ;D? Thank you all
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

05Quadrasteer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2020 Road Glide CVO
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 09:03:03 AM »

I see you mentioned you changed your grips.  I would open up the right side and double check the alignment of the grip into the gear thingy for throttle response.  I doubt changing your water pump had anything to do with the higher rpms.

Bill
Bill
2023 Road Glide CVO
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)

Zenji03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »

Thank you I'll try that when i get back home. Heading eastcoast right now driving big rig.
I appreciate ur input

First don’t blip the throttle just before shutting off the bike, it stores your idle rpm. If I remember the procedure correctly, with run switch on, turn the ignition on, wait for the engine light to go off and turn it off. Do it 4 times and it will reset your ecm idle. Don’t touch anything else while doing this on-off routine.

Zenji03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 05:39:50 PM »

I did checked it like 4 times and it was all aligned.
I appreciate ur input thank you

I see you mentioned you changed your grips.  I would open up the right side and double check the alignment of the grip into the gear thingy for throttle response.  I doubt changing your water pump had anything to do with the higher rpms.

Bill

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 06:50:32 PM »

sounds to me your switch housing which retains the grip is not set/adjusted properly... grip should have a lill play when installed correctly
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Zenji03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 04:55:55 PM »

Yes it does have a play and it will not seat properly in the bar if it's not lined up. And if i push up on the play the idle drops to normal. If i push up passed the play it will turn on the eitms.
Thanks for the input

sounds to me your switch housing which retains the grip is not set/adjusted properly... grip should have a lill play when installed correctly

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 21 queries.