Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AMP Bypass Plugs / Connectors - How do the modify the speaker channels?  (Read 289 times)

Sarge2070

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

I have a 2019 CVO Street glide with Boom 2 installed. I have one AMP in the fairing, another in the left side bag powers the lid speakers and the 3rd in the right bag poweres the front lower faring speakers.   I am sick of replacing Boom 2 speakers and I am researching these AMP Bypass plugs being put out in the Rockford Fosgate amp install kit RFK-HD14, Metra Saddle Tramp BC-9725 and iDatalink Maestro model ACC-ABP-HD2 so I can pull out the Harley Amps and install a single larger amp in the fairing.  Does anyone have any history using these devices and knows what configuration they they the speaker locations in after install? 

As I understand it, eack of the six speaker locations are biamped from the factory with one connector for the woofer and and a seperate connector for the tweater.  I saw a recent Volunteer Audio video that seems to indicate that after the bypasses are installed with the new aftemarket amp each speaker location has one unified signal on one connector that carries the entire frequency range.  Can anyone confirm this? 

Also, does anyone know what happens to the lower fairing speaker locations after the amp bypasses are installed?  Do they remain on their own seperate circuit / channel or is the lower faring signal somehow connected to the upper fairing speakers in either series or parrallel? 

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.