Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Normal Oil Pressure for the stroker 103?  (Read 813 times)

nunnster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

Normal Oil Pressure for the stroker 103?
« on: July 25, 2022, 10:32:27 AM »

Upon starting my 2005 FLHTCSE2 oil pressure quickly rises to 36 psi (middle mark) on the fairing gauge. When warmed it indicates 36 at idle, ~45 cruising at 3000 rpm and ~55 when accelerating.

This bike is new-to-me, has 58k mi, SE high flow intake and Rinehart true duals. There is no FI tuner that I see. The bike runs really well, no popping or surging, so I am thinking it may have had a ECU remap.

The bike has adjustable pushrods and new new cam tensioners. Would a replacement oil pressure relief valve or oil pump possibly account for the high(?) oil pressure?

There is no engine noise, smoking, leaking or other indication of trouble. In fact, of there was no gauge I would not be concerned.

Would really appreciated any ideas...

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Normal Oil Pressure for the stroker 103?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 04:31:31 PM »

It's possible that the previous owner stretched or shimmed the spring in the oil pressure relief port on the cam plate.  ;)
John

Bobhouck

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 04:58:24 PM »

At cold thats the same im getting with a mechanical gauge , i run a thayer pump , RR cycle cam plate setup gear drive , but at hot my idle is at about 15 , seems your hot idle is high, maybe the relief valve is sticky so stays shut. but wonder what mods were done on yours, and i dont really know what issue is with higher pressure   

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 06:28:35 PM »

There is no FI tuner that I see. The bike runs really well, no popping or surging, so I am thinking it may have had a ECU remap.
Many of the FI tuners are detached from the bike when remapping/tuning is finished, so that doesn't tell us anything.  That it runs well is an indication, but not proof, that it was tuned.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.