Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 CVO STREET GLIDE Cluster issues  (Read 524 times)

2016cvo63

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

2016 CVO STREET GLIDE Cluster issues
« on: July 14, 2022, 02:57:36 PM »

I have a problem that occurs after riding about 20-25 minutes. My cluster/gauges will start bouncing to zero then back again to normal readings. This will happen 5-6 times when riding. Every component in the cluster stops working when this happens including indicators. Dealer has had 4 different times a day or two then returned. Now it has been at the dealer for over 2 weeks and HD engineers have been involved so I'm told. HD does a reflash for this condition and was performed and then given to me. Problem happened within 20 miles. Now I am told that the reflash or reprogram did not take and is not showing. If this is the case, they can't the computer or ECM or BCM be replaced.  Very frustrated but I have faith that they will figure it out.  Looking for similar problems in CVO Street glides.  Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to hearing hopefully some new directions that fixed this issue.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: 2016 CVO STREET GLIDE Cluster issues
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 05:16:24 PM »

Had a weird thing like that on my 2015 Street Glide...ended up being the speedo/tach assembly since it feeds the other 2 gauges.....but if the dealer has had it that long they should have thought of that by now. Only went to the dealer one time for 3 days to get that fixed.....

TRS300

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO SG (Hard Candy Mercury)
    • CVO2: 2002 Road Glide (Silver)
    • CVO3: 2005 Chrysler 300C (Custom)
Re: 2016 CVO STREET GLIDE Cluster issues
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 07:55:28 PM »

I'd check the plug connector to the gauge cluster. If all the gauges are failing at once it sounds like a loose connection. Pull the faring off, get the amp out of the way and pull the plug on the cluster.  Inspect and spray with electric cleaner.  Apply some dielectric grease to the plug and reconnect it.  Do that with all the plugs on the gauges. Good luck.

Only other thing it could be is a fault in the CAN bus but that is rare, and I'd suspect the bike would show other bad symptoms if it was system wide disruption in the CAN bus.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.