Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's hear those pipes!  (Read 1590 times)

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Let's hear those pipes!
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:21:10 PM »

I should be picking up my new Candy SEEG next week and can't wait ... I'd like to hear some exhaust clips if anyone has some. I already told the dealer to put the Rinehart pipes (plus the other goodies) on mine before I pick it up since I can't stand the lame factory exhaust. I've searched in here for clips, but haven't had much luck ... I would appreciate any you can throw at me, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 10:23:48 PM by 05_Candyman »

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Let's hear those pipes!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:11:53 PM »

Out of all the people on this site, nobody has sound clips?? [smiley=cry2.gif]

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 06:07:47 AM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 10:29:29 AM »

Out of all the people on this site, nobody has sound clips?? [smiley=cry2.gif]

Candyman, welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride.  You'll have a few sleepless nights in this next week.

In regards to soundbites........computer speakers are not even going to come close to what they really sound like.  I think that's why they're (soundbites) are not used more frequently in regards to exhausts.

I heard a few soundbites on the Harley truck owners web site and listened to a couple that belong to guys in my truck club.  I knew what they sounded like in real life and the soundbites wern't even close.  JMHO

A good sample will be at your first CVO Owners Get Together (check the CVO Events forum)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 10:35:39 AM »

Welcome Candyman; Try this link for some sounds: http://www.dlhill.com/HarleySounds.html

But as JC said there is nothing like the real thing. The sound clips just don't give you the true sound and feeling you get in real life.

Oh and congrats on the new ride! You got the best color [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 12:21:57 PM »

Thanks guys ... yeah I know there's nothing like the real thing, but I was still dying to hear a clip of the exact combo I'll have just for kicks. I did hear the Rineharts on a an 88 C.I. bagger in person and I was drooling ... I can't wait to hear that 103 thumping with the same pipes. I'm stoked and can't wait! When I do manage to sleep that bike is in my dreams ... pretty soon it won't be a dream anymore, LOL.

I got lucky on the color ... I was originally looking at the yellow one because I wanted one so bad I could've lived with the color, but certainly not my favorite. When I took my FXDI in for trade the hold tag was gone on the candy one so now it's mine ... WOOOO HOOOO!! The Candy looks awesome on the showroom floor so I'm sure it will really come alive out in the sun. By the way, this is a great site. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 11:05:39 AM »

Hi 05-Candyman,  Any time you are in the Richmond area, we can get together for you to hear my two into one vance and hines.  My husband and all our friends say they sound good. I think they are tad loud, but when I am riding I don't notice it. But then, I don't ride behind myself either.  Congratulations on your new ride. It is an awesome color.   [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:05:59 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 11:47:49 AM »

But then, I don't ride behind myself

Hold up there missy.  None of that existential crap here  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  

New age bovine fecies mularkey ratsenfracken......

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 11:52:26 AM »

See, Don CAN ride in Two Lanes and hear his own pipes since he is schizophrenic.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 02:33:09 PM »

See, Don CAN ride in Two Lanes and hear his own pipes since he is schizophrenic.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

/Bill

Hey..... quit talkin' about US  [smiley=nervous.gif]

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.