Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: 1999 "Blue Flame" FXR3 Registry  (Read 96666 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 1999 "Blue Flame" FXR3 Registry
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 11:56:51 PM »

I just noticed that out of the 64 BLUE 3's, only nine were CA models. That means Joy is only 1 of 9 ever made! It's the rarest CVO of all! Holy crap! :o ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's what I tried to tell you back here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25790.msg418863#msg418863   ::) :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »

That's what I tried to tell you back here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25790.msg418863#msg418863   ::) :huepfenlol2:

HeHe! It's not one anymore anyway! Well, the cam is, but not the other stuff! ??? ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 01:32:10 AM »

Hoist....

You know that letter you posted above, says 2007, ok if you go back to his website, and you see the other letter he posted it was from 2005.  I sent him the letter that says 2005 a few years ago when he was trying to sell his bike on EBAY....he was a nice guy....didn't ride the bike much was a retired police officer, and his son didn't want the bike was into crotch rockets so he decided to sell it....at the time he didn't know what he had....so I sent him one of my "lengthly" letters describing the CVO's and how many were made and he took it from there....I too noticed the other day his website....HE CERTAINTLY WENT ALL OUT To sell that bike....and he was the kind of guy that wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to value....I TOO WONDER what he sold it for.....I bet it was a fairly high number.....

Anyway several of us through the years individually wrote [without each other's awarenes] to HD asking for the letters on the number production for these FXR2s, FXR3s, and FXR4s and so I see MY LETTER poping up everywhere on the net....I AM JUST GLAD I HAD THE FORESITE TO remove my name and address before ever sending it out to someone........LAUGHING......geez.....

Anyway....I just thought I would note that I had several conversations with that particular owner of the FXR3 that you posted the letter from....just for grins....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:35:59 AM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »

Anyway several of us through the years individually wrote [without each other's awarenes] to HD asking for the letters on the number production for these FXR2s, FXR3s, and FXR4s and so I see MY LETTER poping up everywhere on the net....I AM JUST GLAD I HAD THE FORESITE TO remove my name and address before ever sending it out to someone........LAUGHING......geez.....

You wrote one too?  Because that's my letter shown above.  And in the sticky thread on this board.  Same as you, I've seen it duplicated in other places on the net.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:03:52 AM by RedFXR2 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »

UPDATE:
OPPS   :oops:  sorry Howie.....

Mike.....

Actually I didn't write one lol, but Lisa Sagen, from Harley Davidson Customer Service wrote one for me on July 18, 2005.  She however did not specify as the 2007 Letter states how many units were built for CA.  She simply provided the total amounts for each color for each model.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 06:32:57 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »

Howie....

Actually I didn't write one, Lisa Sagen, from Harley Davidson Customer Service wrote one for me on July 18, 2005.  She however did not specify as the 2007 Letter states how many units were built for CA.  She simply provided the total amounts for each color for each model.

Regards,

Tim

That was Mike, Tim. It's getting so busy here, we can't keep track of each other anymore! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »

Brian, there's another BLUE 3 up for sale that Joe posted earlier. A beauty! 234.7 miles on it. Bike's in MD! Last 6 of VIN, 951567. Might as well add it to the Registry. It's gonna be Jorge's any time now! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »

By the time the 3rd Anniston, AL BLUE 3 gets added, we'll know the general whereabouts of 25% of these things! :huepfenjump3: :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »

By the time the 3rd Anniston, AL BLUE 3 gets added, we'll know the general whereabouts of 25% of these things! :huepfenjump3: :drink:

That's pretty amazing! :2vrolijk_21:

Let's find em all!!! ;D

Hoist! 8)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2008, 05:37:45 AM »

So which one of you huligans....lol   :orange:
Is going to make the aprx 1,500 phone calls to all of the US dealers trying to figure out which "Owner' is keeping a 1999 FXR3 Blue Flame stock piled in his warehouse for his personal enjoyment.....out of the total pf 64 that were given to the dealer's as "bonuses" one would think, what maybe 7-9 Dealer "Owners" have them personally and aren't riding them??????

Then one has to figure that what, maybe 5-6 have been "crashed" or "totaled" and if that happens then what, does HD make another one to replace the one that is totaled, hmmmm interesting question....or is that it....

I don't want anyone to crash.....but I am curious if one destroys their bike via fire or a crash what does happen with any of our CVO FXR's for that matter?  Anyone have a "concrete" definite answer to this one?  No guessing allowed, lol!!!!

:pepper:

Regards,

Tim

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2008, 06:58:24 AM »

May as well add this 3rd one from anniston now..always can add vin numberss later on. owner is Mike Abernathy, location Anniston, al., he has had it about one year. he and i were bidding on it about a year ago..and Mike has more funds..so let him have it. Original owner was from Georgia. just a note..in case we have some wide glide collectors ..Mike has several wide glides cvo's ..no miles ,that he has collected over the years and may part with one or two of them soon. Let me know if interested ..and i'll pass the word along. When he gets back with the vin # of his blue fxr3 ..i'll pass it on to the group.  dave

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 08:16:46 AM »

May as well add this 3rd one from anniston now..always can add vin numberss later on. owner is Mike Abernathy, location Anniston, al., he has had it about one year. he and i were bidding on it about a year ago..and Mike has more funds..so let him have it. Original owner was from Georgia. just a note..in case we have some wide glide collectors ..Mike has several wide glides cvo's ..no miles ,that he has collected over the years and may part with one or two of them soon. Let me know if interested ..and i'll pass the word along. When he gets back with the vin # of his blue fxr3 ..i'll pass it on to the group.  dave

A BLACK w/ Gold Flames one? Noooo, don't answer that! :nixweiss: ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 03:50:36 PM »

No fair for you guys to get 3 of these down there! ;)  I put Mike's bike on the list!  Would be great if you could get a snapshot of it sometime for us! :2vrolijk_21:  And all 3 of them together, for that matter! :bananarock:

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »

I'll get that done asap...would be rare occasion..but i can do it. also..when montgomery hd had open house couple of months ago..we had our pair of fxr3 blues down there..parked together and fellow walked up to us and showed us his fxr3 blue..he was original owner and had made several mods to his bike..plus miles...so there are 4 blue 3's in alabama..that we know of ..and i';m on the look out for more down here..maybe even some to resell..before the word gets out on their rarety.  i'm looking!  dave

RedFXR2

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »

...so there are 4 blue 3's in Alabama..that we know of ..and I'm on the look out for more down here..

It really is amazing that out of 64 bikes built nearly ten years ago, 4 are in Alabama.  And near each other within the state to boot.  And several of the owners know each other.

Hmmmm.  I think I said it before.  CVO FXR get-together in Alabama.  Roll that thought around.

[edit] The 29 Dreams Motorcycle resort is over just outside of Birmingham in Vandiver.  Not far from Anniston.  And it's been a long time but I strayed off the road a bit during a business trip from Atlanta to Birmingham some years ag just to explore, and it seems like I recall nice rolling nearly-Blue Ridge mountain landscapes (nice riding) around Anniston.  Do I have that right or am I losing my memory? Just thought I'd throw that in.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:47:49 PM by RedFXR2 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.