Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: RhineHart Pipes  (Read 17297 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: RhineHart Pipes
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2005, 04:42:23 PM »

Craw,

I gave them 6 chances to get it right now I have the D&D Fat Cats they arent going to go to a hand done weld since its a production item.   People can only hope the next revision rev 3 of the rear pipe is better.   Hell if they copied the way VH mounts their pipe this would prolly be a null issue at this point.    I will take a look at the pipes again when they come out with this new mount they say they are working on, but honestly I am happy with my 2 into 1 with the falsie atm.  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2005, 07:51:06 PM »

All,

Both sets of my Rhineharts are going back to the dealer.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2005, 10:01:30 PM »

MYCVO,

I think its a good pipe only criticism from me will be on the poor quality of chrome.   Works great gives good numbers consistent from bike to bike.   All I know is I never wanna ride on your right side when your jumping on it :)  My buddies dyna makes my ears ring every time we take it out.

Occupational Hazard with the Thunder header
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2005, 08:11:56 PM »

MYCVO,

I think its a good pipe only criticism from me will be on the poor quality of chrome.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2005, 09:48:17 PM »

BTW .... Talked to BUB today.

They have a new mount that uses the starter mount then goes to the pipe off on the side no longer using the bracket that is on the pipe to go to the starter mount.

They should be readily available in the next 3 to 4 weeks.   This should remove all the stress breaks for the Rhineharts :)

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2005, 11:16:21 PM »

Here is the latest I got from Rhinehart:  (might have to read it from bottom up)

Thank you,

Sales Manager- Motorcycle's, ATV 's and Sport Bike's

BUB Enterprises, Inc.

(530) 477-7490 x 208

www.bubent.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:23 PM
To: 'BUB Enterprises
Subject: RE: Rear Pipe Bracket

I have a pipe and our new support bracket assembly to send you.  Where do you want it sent?

To obtain warranty service, you must provide us with a copy of your dated receipt as proof of the purchase.  Make sure your name, shipping address and daytime phone number are included.  

To expedite your claim, please include a short note including

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2005, 09:27:30 AM »

Just piling on, 15000 miles and got a crack that I had welded. Held for about two weeks. We'll see what BUB has to say. Let you know.
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2005, 10:56:03 AM »

I had my first rear head pipe changed out yesterday. The service manager told me that they have changed around 30 in the last 6 months. Now they won't sell anymore of the Rinehart True Duals. Hopefully this one will last a little while and maybe the new mounting way that Unbalanced mentioned will fix the issue. I love the look and sound of these but will change if they can't make them more reliable.

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2005, 09:41:19 PM »

Email from Rhinehart today: " I am entering an order to ship you the replacement pipe & new support bracket to the address provided below.  We do have an approximate  ship date of 4-6 weeks.  Thank you for your timely response."

Karen McRobbie
Warranty Dept.

I haven't given up, still like the performance and sound.  Will advise when I get the replacement if the new bracket is acceptable.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2005, 09:47:41 PM »

Hey Crawdaddy........I'm like you, I haven't given up on the Rienharts yet either.  My replacement rear pipe is still holding( knock on wood) and I hope you find your replacement pipe to be worth the wait and hassle.  Let us know what you receive and how you like it.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2005, 09:49:13 PM »

But what do they expect a guy to do for six weeks or two months without exhaust?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2005, 10:10:01 PM »

I know, I know, it SUCKS.  But, just another reason to have more than one scooter.   [smiley=brood.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2005, 10:17:01 PM »

Email from Rhinehart today: " I am entering an order to ship you the replacement pipe & new support bracket to the address provided below.
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2005, 06:10:30 AM »

I can always ride the 04 Heritage, but I went ahead and put on the VH true dual.  When I bought them, I didn't expect BUB to warrant the pipes.  I'll take some pics and post.

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2005, 03:48:22 PM »

Finally got a new rear pipe with the modified primary bracket. Had the dealer put it on, and it doesn't fit, it touches the foot peg, and with the rubber mounted motor a shak'n  it just wouldn't work. Called BuB, they said, "yeah we know", they are working on a new bracket, but it's still in R&D ..We were told to modify what we had, and they would let us know when something else is available.  Got that done by cutting off the top of the primary bracket, and then also installed the "old starter bracket". Hoping this works till they get off their ---!
This is the second bracket replacement, (20,000 miles) and the baffle on the same side has loosen three times. For a racing type business that Reinhart represents, you would think that they would put a little more into the obvious.

Never again Reinhart....Got to be a better way!
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.