Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baker Plus One Oil Pan  (Read 731 times)

FiveO CVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • SERK's Rule

• CVO1: FLHRSE4 105th Annv #819/1800
Baker Plus One Oil Pan
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:58:58 AM »

Just wondering if any of you have installed the Baker Plus 1 Oil Pan on your FLHRSE's and if so, how do you like it, and did it do it's job in reducing the overall oil temp.  Any thought's?  Is there any clearance problems or concerns underneath?  I think this product would be a added benefit to the 110's and the heat issue especially at the rear jug.  I guess the only thing I don't like about it is the fact you have to remove the rear tire in order to install the thing.  Not as user friendly "bolt-on" as I would like in regards to install, but I just need to build on my overall mechanical wizardry and confidence in removing the rear tire and reinstalling it back to normal.  I may just have the dealer install it.  Money or lack of experience, can't win for losing ...

Side Bar: Wouldn't it be cool if all the FLHRSE4/Anniversary owners got online and we started a register of who owns what number out of the 1800 that were produced and to see the distribution density among the states to see who has the most, etc.  Food for thought ...  I'm number 819, and in Hawaii, and I think I'm the only one on the island of Oahu/Honolulu with an Anniversary 105th issue.

Still in Iraq waiting to get home on R&R so I can install my new RB Racing Pipes, Speeds Performance "Speedy Flow" intake and start tuning with the TTS MasterTune I bought.  Also, put on my new Dead Center Cycles fairing that I hope will look just like the Ultra fairing ... can't wait, and yes, I'll post some pic's of it when I'm done. Aloha.
-- MOD's
    Dead Center Cycle fairing - CVO Annv paint by Gene
    Speeds Performance "Speedy Flow" Intake w/'07 A/C Cover off my CVO Springer
    '61- 62 Tank Decals painted to match
    RB Racing 2-1 Exhaust - LSR Black Hole Spyder w/stock O2 sensors
    RB Racing Dual O2 Display gauge on handlebar
    Andrews 54H's Cams w/SE Cam Support Plate & SE Pushrods (Adj)
    30T Evo Industries Primary Sprocket/Chain
    TTS MasterTune
    EZ Up Center Stand
    Redline fluids throughout

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Baker Plus One Oil Pan
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »

Seems like an awful lot of expense and effort to gain one quart.  There's a thread on this device somewhere.  You could get more benefit out of the large cooler that mounts on the bottom around the pan - forgot who makes it, but there is a thread on it also -, or a large volume cooler that mounts in front, or a crash bar reservoir.   And despite what they may say, the stock pan is baffled so the return oil doesn't go directly to the intake.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Baker Plus One Oil Pan
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:10 AM »

I have it - like it.
And since it came up - I was just waiting for the time to do it - so I guess I'll do it now.

here it is

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35571.0
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:36:57 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.