Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Question for Rinehart users  (Read 15373 times)

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
Question for Rinehart users
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:56:12 PM »

If you are running the Rinehart Exhaust, SE Stage one Aircleaner, and SE Race tuner on a otherwise stock 103.

1. Which baffle are you using 2.0 or 2.25 or the 2.5?

2.  Are both your TQ & HP in the triple digets?

3.  Would you buy Rineharts again if you needed a new System now?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Question for Rinehart users
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:47:45 PM »

HDJamsTX,
I'm using what you are asking, and below I've answered your questions according to the way you have numbered them.

1. Stock bafflers (not sure what the diameter is, I do know that I didn't pay extra for the high performance ones)

2. My TQ is 92.7 and HP is 91.5 (starting TQ 87.1, HP 82.6) BTW this is about what Matt Gross of HDMaps is stating what this setup will get (when I was considering purchasing one of his maps he gave me ballpark figures of 93-98HP/93-98TQ. You can see I came close to those numbers).  Also remember that numbers are all relative, unless you have the different bikes with same setup testing on same dyno at same time don't be alarmed or confused when some numbers are higher or lower then what you get, also no two engines are identical. Bike (motor) temperature, altitude, ambient temperature, same dyno, (I would even go as far to say lubricants the same, etc, etc) will be a true test for comparison purposes IMHO.

3. Yes I would, so far I'm totally happy with dyno number, seat of the pants performance, and sound.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:54:11 PM »

Many of us here are using the Freedom package which consists of a modified Reinhart exhaust, Stage 1, and the PCIII. I think that most of us here have numbers is the triple digits with this setup. Mine were 103hp and 104 tq. I'm not sure what baffles they come with but I can say that if I had to do it over again I would definatelly run this setup. It sounds great, looks great and performs great. Can't ask for anything more.... [smiley=cherry.gif]

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 02:44:21 AM »

Performance (2.5" ) baffles. They really move the gases and sound is about right for my tastes. Works great as car vibration alarm tester as well.

2.  Are both your TQ & HP in the triple digits? Yes, EFI race tuner kit dyno  @105HP & 108 FT LBS earlier this month.

Yes. Like the sound and looks of the true duals over the 2-into-1. But, it's also a personal preference thing looks wise. Screamin Eagles (Kirker OEM) or V&H would be my other choices.

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 08:28:05 AM »

What does the freedom package consist of, what kinds of mods do the pipes have? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 09:40:10 AM »

What does the freedom package consist of, what kinds of mods do the pipes have? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The pipes have a different bend radius from the head and the front pipe drops down a little lower than the Reinharts. They come with Chrome end caps with Freedom Cycle engraved in them. Give Brad or Rick at Freedom a call, he will explain all about them to you. His number is 775-848-8600. I am not affiliated with them, just a very happy customer!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 09:41:39 AM »

Performance (2.5" ) baffles. They really move the gases and sound is about right for my tastes. Works great as car vibration alarm tester as well.

2.  Are both your TQ & HP in the triple digits? Yes, EFI race tuner kit dyno  @105HP & 108 FT LBS earlier this month.

Yes. Like the sound and looks of the true duals over the 2-into-1. But, it's also a personal preference thing looks wise. Screamin Eagles (Kirker OEM) or V&H would be my other choices.

Those are great numbers CVO. Who did your tuning? Could you post you dyno sheet?

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 10:03:02 AM »

I am with hd-dude on this one

My last 2) FLHRSEI & FLHRSEI2 bikes I went with Rinehardts and SERT and I liked it
Now on new FLHTCUSE bike I went with Freedom Exhaust and I Love it
I am a firm believer that both the Rinehardt and Freedom Exhausts are Great
The really big difference in my humble opinion is THE TUNER and Brad at Freedom Cycles "Can Get Her Done"

Great sound and power

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 10:53:23 AM »

[highlight]would definatelly run this setup. It sounds great, looks great and performs great. Can't ask for anything more....  [/highlight]

Hey Dude,
Do you know if they have a setup for the 2006 FLTRI yet ?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

WD
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 10:56:01 AM »

[highlight]would definatelly run this setup. It sounds great, looks great and performs great. Can't ask for anything more....  [/highlight]

Hey Dude,
Do you know if they have a setup for the 2006 FLTRI yet ?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

WD

Yes they do, when we were in Reno during Street Vibes we spoke to Brad about the 06 88" bikes. My brother has a 06 injected glide and will be ordering his setup this week from brad. Here is a link to  a dyno sheet showing there package on a 88":

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1127967547

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 11:06:08 AM »

Looking thru all these past posts it seems like more Rineharts are having breaking issues than the Freedom even tho there basically the same pipe. Do the Freedoms mount in different locations?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:08:29 AM by HDJamsTX »

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 11:33:06 AM »

Thanx Dude,
I may have to give them a call. I was going to have my local dealer do a 95" gear drive conversion @ $2,100 +/-, but this looks like a little less expensive way to go.
 Can you still hear the radio with this system? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I really don't want to wake the whole neighborhood when I leave at 0600 in morning for Brkfst.... [smiley=nervous.gif]
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 01:43:19 PM »

Dude,
I had mine done at Cycle Center of Fremont (H-D dealership). They've really turned their service dept. around the past 6-8 months, and will be expanding their service bays and floorspace early 2006. Tried to attache the files but their too large for this site. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send them to you in .pdf or JPEG.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 02:51:12 PM »

Looking thru all these past posts it seems like more Rineharts are having breaking issues than the Freedom even tho there basically the same pipe. Do the Freedoms mount in different locations?

These mount the same, I've had em break as well. Brad modifies the bracket with an added piece of steel to strenthen it. Have not had a problem since. Another suggestion is to not tighten them to the starter mount bracket, just finger tight with red loctite.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 02:52:20 PM »

Thanx Dude,
I may have to give them a call. I was going to have my local dealer do a 95" gear drive conversion @ $2,100 +/-, but this looks like a little less expensive way to go.
 Can you still hear the radio with this system? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I really don't want to wake the whole neighborhood when I leave at 0600 in morning for Brkfst.... [smiley=nervous.gif]

The pipes are lound when your on them but at idle there not too bad. I can still hear the stereo just fine, even with a full face helmet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.