Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header  (Read 23812 times)

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:10 AM »

Fuel Moto has a new stainless 2-1-2 header that will compliment any muffler and will out perform any pipe on the market i'm told. Got mine coming...  http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipes.htm
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »

I was looking at those before ordering but they had no pictures. The appear to
be the same as the stock pipe with the cat removed.

IMO minimal diffrences in the head pipes performance wise as long as
there are no cats.

Fulsac treatment seems to represent the best deal for the
money.  Especially with advance exchange, find myself wishing that
I'd done that.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »

I'm told the header is Stainless and will make several more HP than stock. the merged area of the collector is similar to V&H. :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »

This headpipe has nearly no chamber in comparison to the stock header-chamber(where the cat normally is or was), does this effect positive or negative on the performance(the missing chamber) ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »

I'm told the header is Stainless and will make several more HP than stock. the merged area of the collector is similar to V&H. :drink:

IMO much of the "Common Knowledge" surrounding this topic is mostly "Urban legend"

I have seen various claims about stage 1 upgrades ( High Flow intake, Less restricted Exhaust and a remap of the ECU)

AT most an 8hp gain of all these combined is huge! Many pipes and mods actually reduce HP and fuel mileage.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in "vendor claims" or "Common Knowledge" Call me a skeptic.

(Hell I don't think if the FED keeps printing money its value will increase!! but I digress)

Changing the exhaust expecting more than mellow sound is probably a slight reach. If you want performance its a proven conclusion you need to go with a 2 into 1 system.

Most of us prefer the esthetic's of the 2 - 2 system with the least performance coming from a "True Duals" system.

So throw performance away for the most part and it all comes down to what you find appealing?
Personal preference.

Yes you want to eliminate the cat and the lean conditions that it ships with after that if your not changing Cams, Porting heads and making major Mods it truly isn't going to make a difference except to the Dyno and its not going to ride your bike?

So pick the one you think sounds sweetest that doesn't adversely affect performance and wallah

"It's all good"

Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »

I am amazed that adult educated males can look at a pipe with a "X" in it and a factory pipe with a "rectangular" open chamber and make the statement it will make "Several" more horsepower in a low horsepower engine like our Harleys. Does 1 - 2 HP = several? I totally agree with the guy above that a OE stock cat free pipe or a Fullsac modified oe pipe is the way to go, price vs output it can not be beat. And being as this is what I have on mine that is what I suggest. It come to a point where a 1 - 2 hp increase at high rpm and little or no impact at cruising rpm and costing $500 to be insane. I listened to V&H rep at Biketoberfest as he told a very disgusted customer that he should have only expected a "couple" hp from his new V&H dresser 2 - 2 system and not the 10 he was expecting and then only if he was going from a cat system to cat free, if he had no cat to begin with it was only visual.

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »

Fuel Moto has a new stainless 2-1-2 header that will compliment any muffler and will out perform any pipe on the market i'm told. Got mine coming...  http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipes.htm

I'd like to see the other side showing the location and size of the O2 bungs?
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 12:27:56 AM »

The Dyno will tell all. The stock header is going to be a hard one to beat. I guess it will be dollars per HP and what will you pay. I will be there when Fuel Moto runs the first one on a 103 Limited. I do know the prototype has been tested on a 96 and Hard dyno numbers are to come on the 103 and 110. :drink:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »

Couldn't be happier the sound is awesome even with the cats still installed!

No decel popping or other issues I've experience with other pipes.

It was interesting that the installation instructions were from BUB. I had to seek them out by researching other custom baggers seen at different events.

At Sturgis this year was when I decided they would be on my next ride. Along with stretched bags and fender. I think they fill the hole much nicer than the 4" offered by most vendors.

I am going to modify the factor mount to move them to the center of the openings.

the factory mounts place the the pipes off center outboard too close to the bags
is that your bike?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »

Yes, First video attempt for You tube

I should have let it warm up first but I was excited. Shows a little excess fuel when revved as it was in Open loop mode
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »

It IS a nice looking piece, too bad it's covered up with the heat shields! Quality of welds looks very nice. Price is attractive (to ME, anyway!)

Power gains (losses) from other systems will probably not be much, we'll just have to have someone test, say, the stock '09 header (catless) and this one to get the hard facts.
It will be up to the customer to decide if the $$$ to power ratio is worth the cost.
Can't wait to actually see one on a bike.
HOGMIKE

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »

For discussion purposes even if the pipe is a good scavenger how can it do it's thing with a cam that has nearly no overlap and heads that are done at .500 lift? Can it help potentially. Maybe, a little. No silver bullet.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »

We have done a lot of testing on various head pipe over the years and we just completed the 2010 testing on a stock 96. Anyone claiming 8 hp from a head pipe alone is stretching the numbers. Most say they add the pipe along with an air cleaner, pipes and tuneup. 8 hp from that combination is about what you will see with most any of them. We've spent more than a few days running several combination's and while the tuning needed some changes between them, they most all ended up at the same place. Some had better gains in various areas of the curve but they were all pretty close to one another. The worst of the bunch was the HD stock 2 into 1 exhaust.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 12:23:58 PM »

We have done a lot of testing on various head pipe over the years and we just completed the 2010 testing on a stock 96. Anyone claiming 8 hp from a head pipe alone is stretching the numbers. Most say they add the pipe along with an air cleaner, pipes and tuneup. 8 hp from that combination is about what you will see with most any of them. We've spent more than a few days running several combination's and while the tuning needed some changes between them, they most all ended up at the same place. Some had better gains in various areas of the curve but they were all pretty close to one another. The worst of the bunch was the HD stock 2 into 1 exhaust.

Steve,

Are the "bugs" worked out for you tuning the 2010 CVO baggers with the new style 02 sensor's ?
What difference with the cat removed ?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »

Color me "Curious": Are you talking about the stock 2010 2 into 1 as on the Road Glide? or, some other model??
Thanks in advance
HOGMIKE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 1.501 seconds with 21 queries.