Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header  (Read 23811 times)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
Re: Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »

The 2010 Street Glide is a 2 into 1 as well that was a factor in favor of the CVO model when I was weighing the pros and cons.

I personally like the look of the dual pipes on the touring models.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »

The Dyno will tell all. The stock header is going to be a hard one to beat. I guess it will be dollars per HP and what will you pay. I will be there when Fuel Moto runs the first one on a 103 Limited. I do know the prototype has been tested on a 96 and Hard dyno numbers are to come on the 103 and 110. :drink:

when are  they going to do the dyno of the LTD . would like to see how they do. have been waiting to see what all becomes available.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »

Looks very similar to a prototype that Steve George at Fullsac had been working on. IIRC, his prototype significantly outperformed the pre-2009 headpipe, but was not notably better than the 2009+ design.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »

Looks very similar to a prototype that Steve George at Fullsac had been working on. IIRC, his prototype significantly outperformed the pre-2009 headpipe, but was not notably better than the 2009+ design.

did Steve just give it up????????

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 06:40:37 AM »

did Steve just give it up????????

Email Steve at Fullsac and he'll send you a picture of his black jet coated headpipe that will be available shortly.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:50:24 PM by Boatman »

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »

Steve,

Are the "bugs" worked out for you tuning the 2010 CVO baggers with the new style 02 sensor's ?
What difference with the cat removed ?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Guess I do not understand what your talking about, as we have had tuning for the 2010 CVO baggers since August. Many people have been using it without any issues that we know of. Removing the cat has been done by Fulsac and seems to be working but we have not done it in house. All the testing we were doing was to see what was going on with some of the stock pipe combination's on a stock 96 cu in motor and then with true duals and some slip-on mufflers on the same bike. Since it was the smaller engine size anything we saw there for restriction was surely going to be worse on a larger motor. There is no way I would run a stock 2 into 1 on anything other than a stock 96 from what we learned. Also when switching to an aftermarket exhaust O2 placement is very important on these. I cannot let out all that information just yet.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 12:58:12 PM »

Can the stock ecm "see" wide band sensors?

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »

Guess I do not understand what your talking about, as we have had tuning for the 2010 CVO baggers since August. Many people have been using it without any issues that we know of. Removing the cat has been done by Fulsac and seems to be working but we have not done it in house. All the testing we were doing was to see what was going on with some of the stock pipe combination's on a stock 96 cu in motor and then with true duals and some slip-on mufflers on the same bike. Since it was the smaller engine size anything we saw there for restriction was surely going to be worse on a larger motor. There is no way I would run a stock 2 into 1 on anything other than a stock 96 from what we learned. Also when switching to an aftermarket exhaust O2 placement is very important on these. I cannot let out all that information just yet.

Steve,
What is your take on the stock header on the touring bikes? does it have flowing issues  like the stock  2/1 header, or does it flow ok for even up to the 103", especially if we were to remove the CAT?
 Have everhing  but an exhaust for the  2010 LTD. have been kinda laying in the weeds here to wait and see if there are issues, and remedies. the cost of exhaust anymore  we only want to pay for one. Not going to go for a hot rod motor just a very mild cam, good aircleaner,and maybe exhaust or may just remove the CAT. and get a good set of mufflers.
Thanks

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 02:53:03 PM »

Steve,
What is your take on the stock header on the touring bikes? does it have flowing issues  like the stock  2/1 header, or does it flow ok for even up to the 103", especially if we were to remove the CAT?
 Have everhing  but an exhaust for the  2010 LTD. have been kinda laying in the weeds here to wait and see if there are issues, and remedies. the cost of exhaust anymore  we only want to pay for one. Not going to go for a hot rod motor just a very mild cam, good aircleaner,and maybe exhaust or may just remove the CAT. and get a good set of mufflers.
Thanks

Just an FYI:
Personally, we found a 10 HP and 12 TQ increase on my 2010 LTD with just a SE air cleaner, cat removal, and TTS dyno tune
I already had free flowing mufflers when we did the "before" and "after" testing.
Previous tests on a 96" bike before and after with just a cat removal showed very little gain. The 110" motors showed more gains.
MY goal was to remove the heat source under my right foot!
I am happy with the changes on the 2010 103" bike. I was also very happy with the '09 96" bike, after these changes.
HOGMIKE

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »

Just an FYI:
Personally, we found a 10 HP and 12 TQ increase on my 2010 LTD with just a SE air cleaner, cat removal, and TTS dyno tune
I already had free flowing mufflers when we did the "before" and "after" testing.
Previous tests on a 96" bike before and after with just a cat removal showed very little gain. The 110" motors showed more gains.
MY goal was to remove the heat source under my right foot!
I am happy with the changes on the 2010 103" bike. I was also very happy with the '09 96" bike, after these changes.

that is not much to look forward to.  my 2010 LTD has 65.7 HP and 76.5 tq..  these things are really choked down.  there are a lot of 96" bikes that are making more than these new 103".. the thing is the bike runs well now, feels a lot stronger than what the dyno says.the dyno i used is not a happy dyno but still seems pretty weak # wise for a 103". matter of fact my brother has an 08 ultra  96" just a set of mufflers, decent aircleaner,and a tune using a PC V.  made 79hp and 93 tq. now if that is all my bike could   increase i am short a bit of a 96"  pretty sorry i have to say..

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »

I read a thread on the HTT Forum back in Sept. on a 110 w/ cat removed and AFR was a issue ? Could have been a tuner issue. With my CUSE5, Looking to remove cat, High Flow A/C, Going stay with stock touring mufflers for noise issues. No issues working that set up ?

Thanks in advance Steve....

Tom

2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »

that is not much to look forward to.  my 2010 LTD has 65.7 HP and 76.5 tq..  these things are really choked down.  there are a lot of 96" bikes that are making more than these new 103".. the thing is the bike runs well now, feels a lot stronger than what the dyno says.the dyno i used is not a happy dyno but still seems pretty weak # wise for a 103". matter of fact my brother has an 08 ultra  96" just a set of mufflers, decent aircleaner,and a tune using a PC V.  made 79hp and 93 tq. now if that is all my bike could   increase i am short a bit of a 96"  pretty sorry i have to say..

Think of it this way, if ALL conditions were equal, you would think the 103 would pull a couple more HP and TQ than the 96, just makes sense, right?

My LTD has better numbers than yours, stock...............BUT..............this was on a dyno in AZ. If YOURS was on the same dyno, same day, same conditions, I'll bet we'd be pretty close to the same #'s. Remember, all bikes are a little different. Mileage makes a difference, as does oil temp, tolerances when assembled, etc. etc. To say a pretty much stock '08 96" makes those #'s I would say, yes, "Happy Dyno".

I'm at the point now, that my '10 runs pretty decent and I am happy with the tune I have. Heat has been manageable, power delivery is very smooth, I guess what I'm trying to say is that my bike now suits ME. I don't really care about the numbers, as long as I can out-pull the stock bikes in our club!! LOL
Just like the sound of your mufflers.......it's all pretty subjective, right??
Just my observations, as usual! LOL
HOGMIKE

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 06:34:01 PM »

I'm at the point now, that my '10 runs pretty decent and I am happy with the tune I have. Heat has been manageable, power delivery is very smooth, I guess what I'm trying to say is that my bike now suits ME......
That's the most important part.... nothing like being a happy rider. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »

That's the most important part.... nothing like being a happy rider. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

how do you like that 575 cam??  good down low  and midrange?     

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »

how do you like that 575 cam??  good down low  and midrange?     
I really like them.... puts a smile on my face everytime I twist the wick. :bigok: The power is right where I like to ride and I enjoy staying "on the cam". ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.