Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: It's all about Fullsac  (Read 23688 times)

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
Re: It's all about Fullsac
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »

I've got the x pipe, 2" baffles, and tuner in a box in my garage... stoked to get it installed!

Set aside 1 full day or 2 half days and get busy.  :2vrolijk_21:

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »

Rick, I have not yet installed the baffle cores in the stock CVO mufflers. That is the one thing I have not done yet. I am using HD Screaming Eagle mufflers that I had on hand from 2007. They are working extremely well and sound surprisingly good. I will however be installing the Fullsac cores in the stock mufflers shortly and replacing the SE mufflers that are on my bike right now. I will probably try them without any packing first. If it's too loud then I will make a change.

As a side note, I don't really expect much, if any performance difference between the SE mufflers and the Fullsac cores. Both are high flow design. It may take a dyno to show a difference. But if I gain another few horse or a foot pound or two of torque well then so be it.
I'll probably setup the Fullsac x-pipe with the stock 2010 CVO SG baffles before grinding out welds and drilling holes.  If the stock baffles and x-pipe don't produce a decent rumble, then I'll install Fullac's 2" baffles.

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »

Completed the 2" core install. Here is my opinion.

The install is not that bad. Just give yourself a few hours and don't rush it.

I tried them first without any damping material. I found them to be way too loud for the sound I"m going for.

Next, I installed the baffle material from the stock pipes. This improved the sound greatly in my opinion. The tone got deeper and sounded more controlled. However, it is still slightly too loud for the sound I want.

No doubt many find the sound to be exactly what their looking for but exhaust tone and loudness has got to be one of the most individual preference issues there is.

So, I will be looking for something just slightly more quiet than these.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 06:13:42 PM »

Headers installed as well as screaming eagle ventilator. Headers fit perfect.
Tomorrow 10/26/10 will install the cores and flash the ECM to finish it up.

I must say, taking off that heavy bloated cat header had a certain feeling of relief and I haven't even ran the engine yet.

Jessie:

I'm curious what replaces the squashed pipe that goes under the frame to the left side of the bike when you install the "X" pipe?

I am procrasinating about doing this mod with mine.

Also did you use new header pipe gaskets? Which one?

Regards
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:15:15 PM by CVOStreetglide »

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »

Jessie:

I'm curious what replaces the squashed pipe that goes under the frame to the left side of the bike when you install the "X" pipe?

I am procrasinating about doing this mod with mine.

Also did you use new header pipe gaskets? Which one?

Regards
CVO,

Nothing replaces the flat crossover connector that runs underneath. You simply use it again. However, inside of it where it connects to the X-pipe is a gasket that I chose to replace.

Yes, I did replace the head pipe gaskets and purchased the expensive stock gaskets. The dealer may recommend there thinner gaskets for aftermarket headers but I used the thick stock gaskets. They're excellent quality and work perfect.

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 07:37:04 PM »

Jessie,

You've done all the work, so how about the 1.75" baffles from Fullsac...supposedly a little quieter that the 2" baffle...talk to Steve at Fullsac and he may be willing to take your 2" baffles back?? Worth a phone call.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:13 PM »

Jessie,

You've done all the work, so how about the 1.75" baffles from Fullsac...supposedly a little quieter that the 2" baffle...talk to Steve at Fullsac and he may be willing to take your 2" baffles back?? Worth a phone call.

That is exactly what I did. Steve is very supportive of his customers and product. He is sending me a set of 1.75 to try out. You gotta love it when a manufacturer really tries to see things from the customer stand point.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »

I tried them first without any damping material. I found them to be way too loud for the sound I"m going for.

Next, I installed the baffle material from the stock pipes. This improved the sound greatly in my opinion. The tone got deeper and sounded more controlled. However, it is still slightly too loud for the sound I want.

No doubt many find the sound to be exactly what their looking for but exhaust tone and loudness has got to be one of the most individual preference issues there is.

Thanks for the feedback... I will tell the shop doing my bike to use the stock dampening material.

Will being a rookie HD guy I am interested to hear how they sound... hope it isn't too loud!  Will definitely post my feedback and put the word out to anyone semi-local who wants to hear them in person so they can make the call for themselves.

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:26 AM »

That is exactly what I did. Steve is very supportive of his customers and product. He is sending me a set of 1.75 to try out. You gotta love it when a manufacturer really tries to see things from the customer stand point.

Like the title says..."It's all about Fullsac"!! :2vrolijk_21:

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »

It will be interesting to hear about your solution to volume and tone.  A friend of mine has a 2006 RG with Fullsac's 1.75" baffles and prefers those, after trying the 2" cores.  The sound aspect is subjective, however.  I want to be able to hear the music when I'm riding on a highway or around town. 

I noticed that you're in Rocky Point, NC.  My hometown is Elizabeth City, NC.

Cheers, Rick   
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »

It will be interesting to hear about your solution to volume and tone.  A friend of mine has a 2006 RG with Fullsac's 1.75" baffles and prefers those, after trying the 2" cores.  The sound aspect is subjective, however.  I want to be able to hear the music when I'm riding on a highway or around town. 

I noticed that you're in Rocky Point, NC.  My hometown is Elizabeth City, NC.

Cheers, Rick   

Rick, I'm going to find some quality packing material and pack the 1.75's to quite them down as much as possible. It will be a few days I'm sure before Steve gets them to me but stay tuned because I think this is a vital part of the total Fullsac kit that needs plenty of discussion.

Depending on the results, I will either stay with the cores or look at something like the Bub Stealth. Either way, I'm still thoroughly enjoying and perfectly satisfied with the performance gains of this kit - with or without the cores.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »

Steve is a great guy and knows what customer service is all about.  The 1.75" baffles are too loud for me-hopefully for you they are just right.

I am using the stock mufflers and they do get louder with miles.  They will never have any throaty ness at idle, but are loud enough otherwise.

Even with Steve's TTS map and decatted headpipe, I believe by the seat of the pance, between idle and 4,000 rpm's, the stock mufflers are just as good power wise. (what I use)

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »

Rick, I'm going to find some quality packing material and pack the 1.75's to quite them down as much as possible. It will be a few days I'm sure before Steve gets them to me but stay tuned because I think this is a vital part of the total Fullsac kit that needs plenty of discussion.

Depending on the results, I will either stay with the cores or look at something like the Bub Stealth. Either way, I'm still thoroughly enjoying and perfectly satisfied with the performance gains of this kit - with or without the cores.
Well see how the stocks baffles work after I get the x-pipe and install it.  Also, I've decided to dyno my bike after putting some more miles on it.  DOC 1 has some good info about a dyno tune, and CVORick seems pretty happy with his dyno.  In any event, it's personal preference. 

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »

CVO,

Nothing replaces the flat crossover connector that runs underneath. You simply use it again. However, inside of it where it connects to the X-pipe is a gasket that I chose to replace.

Yes, I did replace the head pipe gaskets and purchased the expensive stock gaskets. The dealer may recommend there thinner gaskets for aftermarket headers but I used the thick stock gaskets. They're excellent quality and work perfect.

That pipe under the frame would seem to be a real "Choke point" in the whole performance project...at least for me.  I wonder if Steve will/would make a replacement pipe. 

Thanks for your insght!!

Regards

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »

I've thought about that as well but there might be a good reason for it. Is it possible that the design of that apparent choke point might be factored in on the total performance of the exhaust?

In other words, by allowing more exhaust to pass under to the left side muffler, could that perhaps actually reduce the performance of the crossover header design?

That would probably take some dyno testing to prove or disprove I'm sure.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:32:10 PM by jesse111 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.