Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Re: Exhaust Systems/Comparisons  (Read 22123 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Exhaust Systems/Comparisons
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:57:19 PM »

Welcome James.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:57:38 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
Re: Pipe comparisons
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

So welcome James. Why don't you go ahead and share some of your knowledge with as little bias as possible - if you can. I know a lot of the members are interested in technical pros and cons comparing the HD cross-over exhaust with slip-ons and true-duals - i.e. your Freedom exhausts. Convince us.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Freedom Cycle Exhaust Comparisons/Tech. Help
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 06:59:58 PM »

Bikers,

I heard of this site from you guys.  My name is James Yuill I run the online dept. at Freedom Cycle Reno.  So many of our customes come from this site that I thought we needed to get involved with this community.  So here we are ready, willing, and able to help with any questions you may have.  We are the best and we have no problem prooving it.  Let us show you.  We will check the forum regulary and will be checking e-mails a few times a day. info@freedomcyclereno.com.  Anything you may need or info you may require is now a few short key strokes away.  Thank you for letting us serve you better.                
                                                                      James Yuill
                                                                      Freedom Cycle

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: Freedom Cycle Exhaust Comparisons/Tech. Help
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »

WELCOME to FLHRSEI.ORG !   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Can we use this thread to ask you guys questions?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Keeping all the response's in one place will be beneficial to all. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

You have a lot of fans here so be prepared............ [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »

Sir,
      Yes you may.  Any questions any tech. info., any thing anybody on this forum needs can now be found right here.  Comparisons, product info anything.  The whole Freedom cycle staff is at the readers disposal.
                                                                James Yuill
                                                                Freedom Cycle

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »

Cool.......

One question I have is can your pipes be ordered without the script on the end caps?

Also do you have maps available for use with a Race Tuner?

Thank you for your reply!

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:22:31 PM »

Fatboy,

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »

EZRIDER4,
            I will try to give the best info possible while trying to remain bias.  It's hard when you think you are the best. (just a little joke) Right off though sir there is just too much to compare in this market to list all at once.  If you do however have a couple of specific applications you are looking into let me know and I will try to give you the best shoot out possible.  Thanks for writing us.
                                                                                             James Yuill
                                                                                             Freedom Cycle

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »

Free1, Thanks for joining our forum. Your presence will be much appreciated. I am expecting my new cuse any day now [smiley=nixweiss.gif] and I am really interested in your products. Most of my friends are running Reinharts and all of them have broken. I'm impressed with what I have read on this and other forums about your company. You will be hearing from me.
Thanks  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Hair of the Dog

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »

Hi James....
   I am the one who ordered the Freedoms from ~YOU~  last week,, and told you about this site,,where I had heard all the good things about the Freedom system.   I am glad you found it ok,, and I am sure you will be very helpful to the guys who have questions about your exhaust,, and PC .
      Welcome ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
         _USA_     Gary
06 Ultra SE    - Crimson/Slate
05 Deluxe      - Pearl White/Black  
00 Road King  - Cobalt Blue
95 Fatboy       - Blue/Silver

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 03:13:22 PM »

Free,

I had my Freedom Pipes installed the other day and my tuner uses only HD racetuner. The bike is running great, I'm noticing a little more vibration. Something seems different. But the bike was dyno'd at 101. HP 106 TQ. The pipes sound really good. I'm very happy. Do you have any ideas about the vibration issue? Keep up the good work.

Also, I tried to turn around the end caps but the holes didnt line up, It started to strip when I tried to force it. Theres a guy on this site who drilled and threaded his and he has kindly offered to do mine.

Mike
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Hogfn

• Full CVO Member
  • FINALLY!!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 04:58:50 PM »

Hi James, I also spoke to you this past Monday the 16th and mentioned this site.  I also ordered a complete set for my '05 SEEG.  They should be arriving tomorrow!!  As I noted in another area, the local HD dealer says the existing warranty is void when I make this install and he MAY honor a warranty issue if I paid him to install everything.  I have no intention of him touching the bike beyond the normal service checks and any warranty work.  He's making me a bit nervous, is this install something I should do, or should I go to a local pro shop and have them do the work--wish you all could do it but Reno is a bit of a drive from Virginia....I'll be calling you or Brad next week when I get them installed......thanks! and welcome to the site! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2014 SE
2005 Cherry SE
SE Air Cleaner
PC III
Freedom Exhaust and Pipes

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

CVO owner,
                Please describe the vibration a little more unless this helps you.  Please check your right side running board to see if it may be rubbing.  Enhanced motor performance could make the bike vibrate more.  If it seems like it happened when the tune was added have the tune checked over one more time.  We were seeing a pretty constant 103hp and up from our pipes on a 103' you may need to tweak the tune a little.  Let me know how it goes.  Have some good riding and enjoy the new sound.
                                                                                            James Yuill
                                                                                            Freedom Cycle

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 07:11:30 PM »

James,

Can you tell us about your new gear drive cam for the 103's.

It's been mentioned here before and the comments were with mixed reviews.........

Did it meet all your own goals and objectives?

How much does it enhance the Freedom Pipe, PC3, SE Breather kit configuration?

Thx.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 07:45:45 PM »

Hogfn,

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »

James,
I'm planning to buy the Freedom Package when my bike comes in. However, now I'm considering one of the AC's from Zipper's instead of the AC included in the Freedom kit. How would this affect your map? What options would you suggest for this situation or what options might Freedom offer in the near future in regards to this?
Here's a link to the Zipper info on this site. If you could comment on both the high flow and their replacement I would appreciate it. And thanks for your participation here!
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1133415821/0#0
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Black Cherry Glide

• Black Cherry St Glide O'Yea
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 08:42:24 AM »

Fatboy,

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »

Fatboy,
          I am compiling my data and will give you accurate results later today.  Yes we did meet our strict performance requirements though.

James Yuill
                                                                     Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »

bgregston,
              We don't just have one map.  Each map is built for specific bike applications.  We would just do some testing with that high performance air cleaner and build a map around that for your bike.
As far as the product goes it looks like a good piece of equipment it should compare very well with the screaming eagle air cleaner.

James Yuill
                                                                  Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »

Black Cherry Glide,

No price has been set yet for the new maps.  Once we do all the R&D to get the best performance and fuel economy while still maintaining everyday drivablity and we are 100% completely satisfied.  We will then start changing customers maps.  But like I said only when we can offer the best.
                                                                      James Yuill
                                                                      Freedom Cycle

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »

Hi James,
  I'm running the Freedoms on my '05 SEEG w/117" motor.  Any need to modify the baffles at all for the larger displacement?  On a less important note, any thoughts on redesigning the front cylinder header pipe heat shield from a two piece to a one piece?  I know it's ticky tack, but I wish the gap between the two piece set up could be eliminated by a one piece or at least narrowed a bit on the current setup.  The discolored header pipe shows right beneath the timer cover.  Thanks, PJ

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »

Bikers,

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 09:42:42 AM »

Hi James,
Welcome to the site. I just received a call from my dealer 5 mins. ago and my SEUC will be there on Monday. I'm going to another almost local dealer 25mi. away for a storewide 20% off sale to purchase an SE air cleaner. After the reviews of these members and the info gained from this site I WILL be purchasing your pipes and Power Commander.  I'm looking forward to doing buisiness with Freedom Cycles and the effects of the products. Excuse me for "rambling" but I'm so giddy right now I can hardley sit stilll.  ;D ;D ;D
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »

Hi James,
Welcome to the site. I just received a call from my dealer 5 mins. ago and my SEUC will be there on Monday. I'm going to another almost local dealer 25mi. away for a storewide 20% off sale to purchase an SE air cleaner. After the reviews of these members and the info gained from this site I WILL be purchasing your pipes and Power Commander.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »

Jock:

Here's the link you're looking for....

http://www.freedomcyclereno.com/index.htm ;)

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 01:13:44 PM »

Fatboy,
          I will have those results soon for you I need Brad to retrive all our dyno data for me so I can give you accurate results.  Soon.
                                                                 James Yuill
                                                                 Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 01:16:48 PM »

pj57,
       No need to modify the baffles.  Our pipes can handle superchargers.  You are good to go.  Go show em what you got.
                                                         James Yuill
                                                         Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »

PCC,
      Thank you for posting a link to our site.  We are having it built right now so not all of our content is there yet.  It will be soon though.  So check back often.
                                                                      James Yuill
                                                                      Freedom Cycle

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 02:16:52 PM »

Welcome to the site James,

I've reading the member's posts for close to a year and now that you guys are officially online to this site, I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase your Exhaust, programmer and AC kit.  How much are they for an '05 SEEG?

Thanks,

Yellowsedeuce

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 02:41:06 PM »

James,
   thanks for the info - FYI, the bike was dialed in at about 124HP and 122TQ (SAE) with the Freedoms.  It has a 6 speed which kills probably 5+ HP so I'll take what I've got (for now) on a 117" - your pipes performed nicely according to the builder who definitely favors 2-1 systems!  Awesome sounding pipes to boot!  Regards, PJ.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 02:54:59 PM »

James,

I have had a set of the Freedom Cycle pipes on my bike since last May, engine was an 04 SE 103". SBC did the heads, assembled with S&S 585 Cam, rest engine stock, SERT, SE HD Six Speed.

Have been very happy with the pipes, no problems.

I am now putting in a Jims 120, heads to be reworked again by SBC, not yet decided cam. Will be putting the Freedoms on this engine.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:10:12 PM by geezerglide »

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 05:42:17 PM »

JAMES, With the cams for a 103 and the exhaust kit how much are we talking? Since Andrews makes your cams are we talking maybe a tw-37 or higher grind?What will hp and torque be with such a set-up? THANKS, MACK   mackmorrowjr@cox.net
HAMER-1

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »

Free1
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »

Fatboy & Mackmorrowjr,
                Here are some conservitive numbers that we got from our Freedom Performance Package with a gear driven cam.  Remember we tune most of our bikes for best performance and fuel economy while still remaining everyday drivable.

Baseline 103'-                         hp.84     tq.88
           After PowerPackage w/cam.      hp.103    tq. 112

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

Free1,

Maybe you could post and describe the difference better by adding the dyno sheets.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Based on shear peak number's the additional gains for adding your gear driven cams to your pipes/ SeAir Filter/PC3 package appear minimal..... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

But I'm sure the bike must have a more usable power band. (Correct???)

Thanks,
        Fatboy

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

Fatboy,
         You are pretty much correct.  The powerband will blow your mind.  Remember though we are making bike that are still everyday drivable.  Numbers can be changed.  Hope this helps.  
                                                                                 James Yuill
                                                                                 Freedom Cycle

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 08:22:21 PM »

James::
    I received my pipes and antennas today in the mail....  Thanks!!
        _USA_    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Gary

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 11:15:51 PM »

James::

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 12:21:24 AM »

_USA_EAGLE_,

Glad to hear you recieved your items today.  The forum readers and I, I'm sure would like to hear what you think about your new Power Package.  Keep us updated.  I know you will enjoy.

James Yuill
                                                                                                Freedom Cycle

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 12:31:27 AM »

James:::
   I have 0 miles on my bike,,since it is at the dealer for my piant problem,,,,  but will get the miles on it down in Daytona.  I am going to put at least 500 miles on it then have it put on a Dyno down there ,,, before and after the install just to see the difference your system makes.  I have seen Jeffj's  dyno sheet,, and others on here,, so I AM Looking forward to getting the whole package put on.  I will keep you posted when all is done!!  Thanks.......... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

_USA_              <Gary>

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 01:41:26 AM »

_USA_EAGLE_,

That will be awsome.  Let all of us know what your results are and what you think of the Freedom Power Package.  I hope your time in Daytona proves to make the time more than worth while now.  I know it will.

James Yuill
                                                                                                   Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 01:52:52 AM »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 07:44:42 AM »

Hi James, welcome to the site and many thanks for your time taken here to answer questions.  One question would pertain to the sound level of the modified Rineharts. Are there any plans to produce a muffler for those of us who find the Freedom pipes to be a little too loud?  With some states cracking down on noise, and EPA regulations looming, quieter pipes are probably in our future at some point anyway.  I had Rineharts at one point and found them just too loud for my taste. I did try the "quiet baffel " and even packed it, but sound levels didn't really change that much.  Also, did I hear this right that you guys won't sell your 103 cam unless it's installed there?  Reno is a long way for some of us for a cam change.

Thanks, Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

Hi James,

I'm convinced that the Freedom exhaust package is the best way to go for my '04 SEEG.  I have a couple of questions before I order.  A bit of history first...I rode from Central Illinois to California in September.  Somewhere after Phoenix I developed a slight tapping noise on the right side of the engine.  I rode through CA and back home with nothing getting worse.  Once home the dealer found the cams scored, cylinders scored, heads and valves scorched and other areas of the engine generally worn-out.  The service manager attributes the problem to oil breakdown due to heat.  The bike was stone stock and dealer serviced, so no outside factors contributable.  I'm convinced that the lean fuel ratio caused the escessive heat problem.  I now have a new 103" engine with 250 break-in miles on it.

1)  Do I need to complete the break-in before installation of the exhaust  
package?

2)  Will the MAP on the PC result in a richer fuel (thus cooler running) engine?

Thanks for your help!

Dave
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »

while waiting for James to answer make sure you use a good synthetic oil like mamsoil or mobil1. sys3 wont cut it.
HAMER-1

Hogfn

• Full CVO Member
  • FINALLY!!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 09:48:25 PM »

Mack,
Maybe this should be turned into a new thread but why do you not like the syn oil HD uses?  I also have used Mobil 1 for over 20 years in my cars, with two of them over 130,000 miles with NEVER a problem with the engines and these are American made autos.....in fact, the older one has only had one tune-up and the '97 has never had a tune-up. Figure as long as the mileage and performance stays where it was when new, no need to change anything except for the filters and fluids....so I like Mobil One, but with service provided by local HD dealer as part of the mx plan, I haven't figured I needed to switch to Mobil 1.  
2014 SE
2005 Cherry SE
SE Air Cleaner
PC III

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »

while waiting for James to answer make sure you use a good synthetic oil like mamsoil or mobil1. sys3 wont cut it.

Had a little get on my bike but never thought of putting it in it [smiley=laugh.gif].
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 10:58:15 PM »

I workede at a dealership for 3 years. The best oil I have seen is Amsoil, then mobil 1. I have also used many other oils including syn3. the only time I ever ran hot was with syn3. never even with harley 360 which according to some reports performs better than syn3. go to the amsoil website and read their reports. most people will say it is favorable to amsoil because they did the tests. no one else has done any that I am aware of. Just my experience. with syn3 and hd360 i would use about one half quart every 2500-3000 miles. thats acceptable. but with amsoil i go a full 5,000 and dont use a drop. go figure.last summer i ran hot in pa with syn 3. this year in fl and texas with amsoil no problem. hope this answers your question. just ask the dealer to give you a 25 buck break on something else.hope this helps.
HAMER-1

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »

I workede at a dealership for 3 years. The best oil I have seen is Amsoil, then mobil 1. I have also used many other oils including syn3. the only time I ever ran hot was with syn3. never even with harley 360 which according to some reports performs better than syn3. go to the amsoil website and read their reports. most people will say it is favorable to amsoil because they did the tests. no one else has done any that I am aware of. Just my experience. with syn3 and hd360 i would use about one half quart every 2500-3000 miles. thats acceptable. but with amsoil i go a full 5,000 and dont use a drop. go figure.last summer i ran hot in pa with syn 3. this year in fl and texas with amsoil no problem. hope this answers your question. just ask the dealer to give you a 25 buck break on something else.hope this helps.
I'd like to check out the Amsoil, I used Mobil 1 in my last bike, (evo) this 103 runs hot, I think I'll give Amsoil a try, What do they have for the tranny?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2006, 10:04:05 AM »

I'd like to check out the Amsoil, I used Mobil 1 in my last bike, (evo) this 103 runs hot, I think I'll give Amsoil a try, What do they have for the tranny?
Attachment copied from Amsoil site  www.amsoil.com

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

use 75-90 severe gear oil.
HAMER-1

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »

All readers of this forum,

Sorry I have not written in a few days I have been at school and running a local show that our shop is participating in.  But I back and ready to help.  Lets all keep posting again.
Ride Free.
                                                                                     James Yuill
                                                                                     Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

GC Super,
          There is a huge misconception about our pipes being modified reinhardts.  They are not.  We design our own pipes that BUB manufactures for us.  BUB also makes reinhardts.  Ours are dyno proven better though.  Our pipes however are not as loud as reinhardts.  They produce a great sound for around town and when you are cruising they become more than bearable but will still let people know you are there.  We had heard of no one having noise problems with our pipes.  They are right up you alley.  Let me talk with Brad about your cams and I will get back to you.  Anything else let me know.

James Yuill
                                                                                            Fredom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »

Parrot HD,

Here are the answers to your questions. I know you must be excited but always break in the motorcycle with at least 500 miles before you install the Freedom Power Package.  The engine needs to be broken in before you add all that power.  It just sets up the bike.  As fas as your fuel problem goes.  We have done so much R&D with the Power Commander that if you have a fuel problem now you won't have one when you install the PC3.  Any further questions just let me know that's what I'm here for.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                     Freedom Cycle  

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2006, 01:55:30 PM »

Thanks, James!

I will get the rest of the break-in done...sometimes hard to do In Central Illinois in the winter.

Time to scrape up a few bucks and get the package ordered.  You guys don't take HD Chrome Cash do you?

Thanks again! ;D
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

ParrotHD,

I know what winters like.  All you see is snow when all you want to do is ride.  Sorry no chrome cash though.  Any thing else pops up just let me know thats what I'm here for.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                     Freedom Cycle

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 06:14:30 PM »

Hello James,
I recently purchased the FLHTCUSE and I am curious what kind of exhaust, Power Commander, SE High Flow, etc. I should put on my bike.  I like a low rumble for sound and want the added performance.  I used to have the Hard Khrome DD on my Roadstar and I liked that sound.  If anything, louder is better!

Kerry
Crazy Canuck

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 01:02:37 AM »

Hello James,
I recently purchased the FLHTCUSE and I am curious what kind of exhaust, Power Commander, SE High Flow, etc. I should put on my bike.

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »

James,
I Received my package on Friday the 3rd. I've installed the anteneas they look and work fantastic! It may be a few months before I can install the pipes and commander, it's still a little chilly in northern Ill. Thanks for the prompt service and quality products. I'll be in contact again when I need to calibrate the TPS. Thanks again,
Carl
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

Hogfn

• Full CVO Member
  • FINALLY!!
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »

Kerry,
I just finished installing the Freedom package and am very pleased.
2014 SE
2005 Cherry SE
SE Air Cleaner
PC III

TEXASTAL

• under construction
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »

JAMES
I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer these questions as I know everyone is busy these days!!!  I am wondering if your exhaust comes with an o2 sensor bung already in place as I am thinking of using a Terminal Velocity 11 and the sensor bung already installed would make it much easier an probably much cleaner. Also with the complants I have heard about some exhausts breaking off at the mounts or hitting against the motor ect. do you have these problems worked out. What is the warrenty on your products?
I am in the final stages of a 103" project bike and have been reading on this site about your exhaust, other than these couple of questions they sound like they have been designed for guys just like me.
                Thanks again Bob
2004 seeg
1997 springer bad boy
1990 hertiage

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »

I think I saw James on my Milk Carton this morning....... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Hopefully, he be catching up on all our questions soooon.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2006, 06:59:47 PM »

Fatboy,
         I was gonna respond to Canuck first but that is no fair making bets like that.  You know I would only reccomend the best.  It happens to be ours and I like that.  However I will give differences between other pipes for comparison.  The maps are ready though I just need help putting them on the site.  I'm not sure how to do that.  Can you help me?  Ride Free.
                                                                                 James Yuill
                                                                                 Freedom Cycle

P.S. I have been keeping up with the site just been a little busy getting the riding season started.  No milk cartons though.  Freedom Cycle will take care of the riders who use this service.  The forum really means a lot to me.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »

James what file extension are the maps?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2006, 07:20:06 PM »

Canuck,
          When the 06's came out we had a quick prob. with the bracket.  That is fixed now.  They have never hit the engine that was a problem with Reinhardt pipes.  We purposly move our pipes away from the engine and tranny to pull heat away from that area.  We fully stand behind our products and if anything breaks we fix it.  Customer Service is number 1 with us here at Freedom Cycle.  Ever need anthing else let me know.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                        Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2006, 07:29:39 PM »

Texastal,
            That last post was for you too sorry I got my notes mixed together with Canucks.  If both of you will read this and the last we should all be good to go.  Canuck and Texastal we do a really excellent job with our exhaust systems.  I know you both would be more than happy with our pipes.  Yes you can use a big sucker air cleaner.  I have to suggest the best though.  -no fair making bets Fatboy-  If you want more horsepower, torque, and better fuel economy.  While still keeping the bike everyday drivable.  We have you covered.  Anything else let me know.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                        Freedom Cycle

TEXASTAL

• under construction
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2006, 10:07:24 AM »

James

2004 seeg
1997 springer bad boy
1990 hertiage

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »

James

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:52:24 AM by hd-dude »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »

Are there any plans for Freedom to get some techs trained on tuning with the SE Race Tuner ? I think it would bring you more business and broaden our options.
With discounts, the SERT can be had for really not that much more than the PCIII in many places. I think there are many of us here that prefer the SERT approach to changing ECM parameters (internally) plus the ability to change timing, etc. rather than externally and not having the extra cable, PC box to mount, and getting it bounced around, etc.
JMHO.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • A Harley isn't just for Christmas, it's for LIFE!

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2006, 01:54:51 PM »

Hi James.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:56:20 PM by Eqcons »
'14 FLHTKSE
'94 Ford Escort Cosworth, 320BHP & just 19,000 miles, owned since new
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2006, 03:40:10 PM »

Jim, you have time to have it shipped surface which is cheaper but S-L-O-W

How was your trip down under?

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2006, 06:19:08 PM »

Jim, you have time to have it shipped surface which is cheaper but S-L-O-W

How was your trip down under?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave - yes, I've shipped hundreds of things from the States, surface and Air, so I know how long it can take! :)

Down under was great - nice riding weather!  Been to Brazil since then too!  How's the bike coming?  Did you meet the original owner and get the story?

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »

Eqcons,

Shipping will not be that bad at all.  I read the other posts.  I will ship any way you want and will give you all the shipping options I can for best price and speed.  If there is anything else I can help you with just let me know.

James Yuill
                                                                                       Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »

All Riders,

I am going to start a new thread under the Freedom Cycle thread that will be especially for dyno result printouts.  Natrium will be helping me with this and it will be up very soon.  So get some ideas together for what results you wouls like to see.  The first will be (by popular request) a screaming eagle 103 with gear griven cams and a freedom power package.  I am here for you guys anything you need let me know.  Even if it may take a day or two I'm still here.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                      Freedom Cycle

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »

That sounds great James [smiley=banana.gif] I am really interested in seeing the dynos on the gear driven cams.  This is something you suggested to me for the work I am having done in May.  What mileage should be on the bike before this type of work is done?
Kerry
Crazy Canuck

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »

If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2006, 05:59:11 AM »

Eqcons,

Shipping will not be that bad at all.
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »

Are there any plans for Freedom to get some techs trained on tuning with the SE Race Tuner ? I think it would bring you more business and broaden our options.
With discounts, the SERT can be had for really not that much more than the PCIII in many places. I think there are many of us here that prefer the SERT approach to changing ECM parameters (internally) plus the ability to change timing, etc. rather than externally and not having the extra cable, PC box to mount, and getting it bounced around, etc.
JMHO.
Joe

Just had dealer install RT to resolve cold start issues.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »

Yep, sure did - he didn't want to talk too much about it but basically he had a high speed wobble - coming down from 120+ to 85 - he had a tank-slappper and couldn't hold it (or maybe tried too hard to hold it) - whatever - it went down the road on one side then picked itself up and went down the road on the other side.

Eek!  Sorry I asked now!  ;D  The old Electra Glide wobble......  :(

He is OK and quite touched that we are even concerned about his well-being.

One thing to be thankful for.  Has he got a new Glide?

I am putting the bike back together in vivid black - (wolf in sheep's clothing - or should that be an Eagle in crow's clothing...???) and will be out there real soon complete with colour matched (black - of course) Squire trailer, V&H True Duals and Ovals, (quiet power) Arlen Ness A/C with SE backplate and PCIII

Kewl!  :D  Don't forget to post pics.  

See you at Aviemore?

Time will tell - haven't got a bike yet!  ;)

BTW - I haven't heard from Al as yet... How is he??

He's started a new job - drop him a reminder email say Jim says he better reply!  ;D
'14 FLHTKSE
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »

James,

How exactly do your baffles differ from Rinehart's? Are they still 2.25? Do they have any additional holes or louvers in them? Do they have packing or come bare like Rinehart's?

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2006, 07:31:56 PM »

Magicl 1,

The Vance and Hines 2-1 pipes are great for twin cam 88's.  Doing our dyno testing however we found the VH 2-1's to restrictive for 103 usage.  The pipes are just too small for that kind of flow.  Our pipes offer the most horsepower and torque available and can handle supercharger equipped bikes.  Not trying to push you one way or the other just giving you the facts of what we have found.  So far as tuning goes I don't currently have maps avaible for the race tuner.  We may pursue that in the future not right now however.  

We are currently busy making the new maps for the PCIII's that will allow us to extend the rev's from 5800 to 6200 and also full throttle clutchless upshifts.  Everybody be ready for that.  We may do the tuner after that. Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                    Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2006, 07:38:42 PM »

05 Candyman,

That is info that everyone would like to have.  It's a secret.  What I can tell you is holes and louver's yes and bare.  ssshhh
Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                     Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

All Riders,

My dyno run page will be avaible soon.  I have not forgotten just getting the content ready.  Keep posting and if you need anything that is what I am here for.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                               Freedom Cycle
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 21 queries.