Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Re: Exhaust Systems/Comparisons  (Read 22284 times)

Hogfn

• Full CVO Member
  • FINALLY!!
Re: Freedom Cycle Exhaust Comparisons/Tech. Help
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 09:48:25 PM »

Mack,
Maybe this should be turned into a new thread but why do you not like the syn oil HD uses?  I also have used Mobil 1 for over 20 years in my cars, with two of them over 130,000 miles with NEVER a problem with the engines and these are American made autos.....in fact, the older one has only had one tune-up and the '97 has never had a tune-up. Figure as long as the mileage and performance stays where it was when new, no need to change anything except for the filters and fluids....so I like Mobil One, but with service provided by local HD dealer as part of the mx plan, I haven't figured I needed to switch to Mobil 1.  
2014 SE
2005 Cherry SE
SE Air Cleaner
PC III
Freedom Exhaust and Pipes

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »

while waiting for James to answer make sure you use a good synthetic oil like mamsoil or mobil1. sys3 wont cut it.

Had a little get on my bike but never thought of putting it in it [smiley=laugh.gif].
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 10:58:15 PM »

I workede at a dealership for 3 years. The best oil I have seen is Amsoil, then mobil 1. I have also used many other oils including syn3. the only time I ever ran hot was with syn3. never even with harley 360 which according to some reports performs better than syn3. go to the amsoil website and read their reports. most people will say it is favorable to amsoil because they did the tests. no one else has done any that I am aware of. Just my experience. with syn3 and hd360 i would use about one half quart every 2500-3000 miles. thats acceptable. but with amsoil i go a full 5,000 and dont use a drop. go figure.last summer i ran hot in pa with syn 3. this year in fl and texas with amsoil no problem. hope this answers your question. just ask the dealer to give you a 25 buck break on something else.hope this helps.
HAMER-1

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »

I workede at a dealership for 3 years. The best oil I have seen is Amsoil, then mobil 1. I have also used many other oils including syn3. the only time I ever ran hot was with syn3. never even with harley 360 which according to some reports performs better than syn3. go to the amsoil website and read their reports. most people will say it is favorable to amsoil because they did the tests. no one else has done any that I am aware of. Just my experience. with syn3 and hd360 i would use about one half quart every 2500-3000 miles. thats acceptable. but with amsoil i go a full 5,000 and dont use a drop. go figure.last summer i ran hot in pa with syn 3. this year in fl and texas with amsoil no problem. hope this answers your question. just ask the dealer to give you a 25 buck break on something else.hope this helps.
I'd like to check out the Amsoil, I used Mobil 1 in my last bike, (evo) this 103 runs hot, I think I'll give Amsoil a try, What do they have for the tranny?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2006, 10:04:05 AM »

I'd like to check out the Amsoil, I used Mobil 1 in my last bike, (evo) this 103 runs hot, I think I'll give Amsoil a try, What do they have for the tranny?
Attachment copied from Amsoil site  www.amsoil.com

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

use 75-90 severe gear oil.
HAMER-1

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »

All readers of this forum,

Sorry I have not written in a few days I have been at school and running a local show that our shop is participating in.  But I back and ready to help.  Lets all keep posting again.
Ride Free.
                                                                                     James Yuill
                                                                                     Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

GC Super,
          There is a huge misconception about our pipes being modified reinhardts.  They are not.  We design our own pipes that BUB manufactures for us.  BUB also makes reinhardts.  Ours are dyno proven better though.  Our pipes however are not as loud as reinhardts.  They produce a great sound for around town and when you are cruising they become more than bearable but will still let people know you are there.  We had heard of no one having noise problems with our pipes.  They are right up you alley.  Let me talk with Brad about your cams and I will get back to you.  Anything else let me know.

James Yuill
                                                                                            Fredom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »

Parrot HD,

Here are the answers to your questions. I know you must be excited but always break in the motorcycle with at least 500 miles before you install the Freedom Power Package.  The engine needs to be broken in before you add all that power.  It just sets up the bike.  As fas as your fuel problem goes.  We have done so much R&D with the Power Commander that if you have a fuel problem now you won't have one when you install the PC3.  Any further questions just let me know that's what I'm here for.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                     Freedom Cycle  

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2006, 01:55:30 PM »

Thanks, James!

I will get the rest of the break-in done...sometimes hard to do In Central Illinois in the winter.

Time to scrape up a few bucks and get the package ordered.  You guys don't take HD Chrome Cash do you?

Thanks again! ;D
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

ParrotHD,

I know what winters like.  All you see is snow when all you want to do is ride.  Sorry no chrome cash though.  Any thing else pops up just let me know thats what I'm here for.  Ride Free.

James Yuill
                                                                                     Freedom Cycle

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 06:14:30 PM »

Hello James,
I recently purchased the FLHTCUSE and I am curious what kind of exhaust, Power Commander, SE High Flow, etc. I should put on my bike.  I like a low rumble for sound and want the added performance.  I used to have the Hard Khrome DD on my Roadstar and I liked that sound.  If anything, louder is better!

Kerry
Crazy Canuck

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 01:02:37 AM »

Hello James,
I recently purchased the FLHTCUSE and I am curious what kind of exhaust, Power Commander, SE High Flow, etc. I should put on my bike.

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »

James,
I Received my package on Friday the 3rd. I've installed the anteneas they look and work fantastic! It may be a few months before I can install the pipes and commander, it's still a little chilly in northern Ill. Thanks for the prompt service and quality products. I'll be in contact again when I need to calibrate the TPS. Thanks again,
Carl
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 22 queries.