Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Manager available for Breakout  (Read 2844 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Fuel Manager available for Breakout
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:58 PM »

Hi folks,

I know everybody has their own favorite fuelers, so I'm certainly not trying to sway anyone with this info, I just wanted to let you know that a fueler is now available for this bike.

I was talking with Cobra and as of last week they listed the Fi2000 Power Pro tuner part number for the 2012 Softail CVO, as the same part number now for the Breakout.  I ordered mine last night.  The V/H slip-on's I have now are doing a lot of popping(a little popping is excellent, but getting it on virtually every upshift is a little annoying!), so I want to go ahead and install a fueler now to improve the AFR and richen up the mixture, plus I will be ready for a full exhaust once they are available(or the existing part numbers are confirmed that they work) for the Breakout.

Jeff
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
Re: Fuel Manager available for Breakout
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:04 PM »

Hi folks,

I know everybody has their own favorite fuelers, so I'm certainly not trying to sway anyone with this info, I just wanted to let you know that a fueler is now available for this bike.

I was talking with Cobra and as of last week they listed the Fi2000 Power Pro tuner part number for the 2012 Softail CVO, as the same part number now for the Breakout.  I ordered mine last night.  The V/H slip-on's I have now are doing a lot of popping(a little popping is excellent, but getting it on virtually every upshift is a little annoying!), so I want to go ahead and install a fueler now to improve the AFR and richen up the mixture, plus I will be ready for a full exhaust once they are available(or the existing part numbers are confirmed that they work) for the Breakout.

Hi Jeff does carrying out these modifications effect the warranty on the bike and is there a running period ? I am new to the harley scene and it  seems that buying the bike is just the first step down a wallet emptying road ! :drink:  ;D

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »

Hi folks,

I was talking with Cobra and as of last week they listed the Fi2000 Power Pro tuner part number for the 2012 Softail CVO, as the same part number now for the Breakout.  I ordered mine last night.  The V/H slip-on's I have now are doing a lot of popping(a little popping is excellent, but getting it on virtually every upshift is a little annoying!), so I want to go ahead and install a fueler now to improve the AFR and richen up the mixture, plus I will be ready for a full exhaust once they are available(or the existing part numbers are confirmed that they work) for the Breakout.

Jeff

Jeff, you might want to do some research on this site and elsewhere about that Cobra product before you take delivery and install it.  It doesn't allow you to make any changes to the programming, it doesn't alter the stock map in the ECM, won't let you overwrite or replace the stock map like when you do a dyno tune, it won't do much of anything other than adjust fuel under acceleration.  It is in no way a complete tuning solution, but it costs just as much as a real solution like TTS or SEPST.

Jerry

btw, the following was copied from a post on another thread, and it was from an email the person received from Cobra.

"But remember, this only corrects fuel. It does not correct poor product
choices or combinations (say a high flow air filter with restrictive exhaust
pipes). It does not alter timing. And the Continuously Variable Tuning
feature works under acceleration only."
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

Jeff, you might want to do some research on this site and elsewhere about that Cobra product before you take delivery and install it.  It doesn't allow you to make any changes to the programming, it doesn't alter the stock map in the ECM, won't let you overwrite or replace the stock map like when you do a dyno tune, it won't do much of anything other than adjust fuel under acceleration.  It is in no way a complete tuning solution, but it costs just as much as a real solution like TTS or SEPST.

Jerry

btw, the following was copied from a post on another thread, and it was from an email the person received from Cobra.

"But remember, this only corrects fuel. It does not correct poor product
choices or combinations (say a high flow air filter with restrictive exhaust
pipes). It does not alter timing. And the Continuously Variable Tuning
feature works under acceleration only."

Hi Jerry,

thanks for the info. You are correct on all counts that you mention.  I have a great deal of experience with this unit.  I have one on my V-Rod, and for me, it's absolutely fantastic.  Everyone is different but i don't want to have to deal with downloading maps, and possibly having to change loads when I take my bike out to Colorado and run the mountain passes due to a drastic change in altitude, and another load if I make a performance mod change.  I actually like the fact that it does not alter the stock ECU.  If I ever experience any problem with the bike, all I do is pull 4 wires: two on the injectors, and two on the o2 sensors, and bam, the bike is bone stock....no warranty hassles or issues whatsoever.

The increase in power from a seat of the pants perspective I got on the V-Rod was just phenomenal.  I couldn't believe the difference when I hooked it up.

And regarding dynos, again, everyone is different, but I never have had my bikes on dynos and won't for numerous reasons.....

I like the "plug it in and forget it" approach to the Cobra.  My local dealer has put over 100 of these on Softails, Dynas, and Touring Bikes before the customers even took delivery in many cases due to the fantastic results they have seen......

I have read countless(and I mean countless) reviews on virtually every tuner there is and what I found is there is not a single one that is perfect in every way....they all make trade-offs in one form or another.  I happened to find one that operates in the manner I like and works great for me.

Jeff
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »

Hi Fisherman,

I have always had my dealer install any fueler and full exhaust system(even though they are so simple I could even do it!) for this reason.  What they tell me regarding warranty is this.  If I experience any performance type problem, they simply remove the fueler.  If the problem still exists, it's a warranty issue and they fix it.  If not, it's something related to the fueler and we have to work with the fueler manufacturer regarding their warranty.

I will say that on the 5 HD's I have had prior to the Breakout, all 5 have had fuelers added, and I have never, ever experienced an issue with any of them.....

skullplant

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE Road Glide CVO-Red Pepper
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »

Hi folks,

Jeff

Could you tell me what part number you used to order the tuner for the Breakout? Where did you order from? Thanks

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »

Could you tell me what part number you used to order the tuner for the Breakout? Where did you order from? Thanks

www.mandmcycles.com, out of Sandusky, Ohio.  The Cobra part is #6921626AT

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »

How are the results on the breakout with the new fueler?
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »

How are the results on the breakout with the new fueler?

still waiting on delivery!

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »

Good info, as I've been thinking about this myself. I have no experience with fuelers, so I have no frame of reference and don't even know where to begin. Also still waiting to hear some news about exhausts!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.