Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: H-D stopped/cancel shipping of CVO Breakout?...  (Read 32997 times)

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Re: H-D stopped/cancel shipping of CVO Breakout?...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 02:56:53 AM »

Would have been nice if they numbered them.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout - Molten Silver / Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2006 V Rod Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 05:25:29 AM »

Would have been nice if they numbered them.

I couldn't agree more

I remember to 94 to 96 FLSTN were numbered was any others numbered in a series

regards
Rod

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:43 AM »

Not sure what dealership you dealt with.... but I just got my CVO Breakout (Criminson Red) on Thursday 03/28/13 @ Nassau County Harley Davidson.  I purchased the bike in September / 2012 .... & it just arrived..... they are getting their last CVO Breakout (Black & Silver) in June .... but it just sold last week....  the June bike will be the 3rd CVO Breakout they have received..... 2-Black bikes & 1-Red bike

.... just installed a D&D Low Cat 2:1 Exhaust system .... still got to get it Dyno Tuned .... 

Just a quick question....D&D says none of their pipes fit a Breakout.  How is the fitment on the pipe.  I like the regular Fat Cat, but it won't fit.

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »

I couldn't agree more

I remember to 94 to 96 FLSTN were numbered was any others numbered in a series

regards
Rod

actually, only the 93 FLSTN was numbered and limited ( have one sitting 15 ft away that we have had since it rolled off the truck in 92).

It would be great if all the CVOs had a number xxx Of xxxx on them. One thing my wife loves to see is what number the other Nostalgias have. Trouble is we rarely see others anymore.

joe.f

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »

Just a quick question....D&D says none of their pipes fit a Breakout.  How is the fitment on the pipe.  I like the regular Fat Cat, but it won't fit.

Wow.... according to their website you are correct.....

I contacted them back in October 2012 regarding an exhaust for the CVO Breakout, & they sent me email with a link to their website.  The link was for the Low Cat 2:1 Exhaust System, & it specifically stated that it would fit the 2013 Breakout.  I purchased the exhaust system in November 2012 because my bike was supposed to be here in December, but it did not arrive until last week.

Now when I was installing the system, I had taken it on & off the bike approximately 4x because I was not satisfied with the clearances between the pipes & the oil lines.  I eventually installed 1/2" spacers between the mounting bracket & the frame..... therefore moving the pipes away from the lines. I now have approx. 1/2" between the vent line & the heat shield/ pipe.

The exhaust system seems to fit ok..... but now that I know it is not made specifically for that bike I am kinda pissed.  It is a combination of uncontrolled mishaps:

1- Harley promised the bike would arrive by December 2012
2- I was told by D&D the exhaust system would fit the CVO Breakout & had an email from D&D indicating such
3- I bought the system expecting the bike to be on time, & the bike did not come until 7 months later
4- D&D has since updated their website to indicate the pipe will NOT fit the Breakout
5- I spent approx. 4 hrs. trying to get it installed to my bike not aware that D&D had changed their application for the system
6- System in now installed fortunately because of some luck & ingenuity..... 

***** If I were you..... I would wait for them to make the correct application *******

..... if I had not deleted the email they sent me, I would have contacted them tomorrow & really let them have it.... thanks for the info regarding the D&D exhausts

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »

ITS OFFICAL

JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL & I AM NOT HAPPY

A situation has developed with CVO Breakout production and a significant volume of dealer orders have been cancelled from MY13 production. The attached communication from the H-D Asia Pacific Regional Office is the official release advising dealers of this situation. This action relates to the additional Phase V production provided, but not production allocated as part of the standard Phase V allocation.

Your order has been cancelled as part of this global action and unfortunately there are no replacement vehicles available in MY13. The order will cleared from the VOM system in due course as part of the action. We will confirm order reference details as soon as the changes made by the factory become clear.

At H-DA we recognize that this is a disappointing situation and have developed the following actions in response:

•   You will be offered an initial build CVO allocation from MY14 to replace the lost unit; and
•   If you provide H-DA with the Name and Address details of a customer impacted by the cancellation prior to COB Friday 5th April we will provide a $1,000 Retail Voucher that can be claimed in store by the customer should they:
A.   Choose to wait for supply of CVO vehicle from MY14 range
B.   Switch their order to any vehicle from the MY13 range
•   This voucher will be sent to the customer upon advise by the dealer that a valid person has purchased a vehicle and a voucher should be sent. We will match this request to the initial records sent to H-DA prior to Friday 5th April. The dealer should send the redeemed voucher with a copy of the receipt for refund of $1000 (inc GST) to H-DA once customer has used it for purchase.

We appreciate that this puts you in a difficult position, however the matter is out of our control and no alternative actions are open to us other than those listed above.

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

It Officailly Canned
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »

Just received this - not happy but chit happens

A situation has developed with CVO Breakout production and a significant volume of dealer orders have been cancelled from MY13 production. The attached communication from the H-D Asia Pacific Regional Office is the official release advising dealers of this situation. This action relates to the additional Phase V production provided, but not production allocated as part of the standard Phase V allocation.

Your order has been cancelled as part of this global action and unfortunately there are no replacement vehicles available in MY13. The order will cleared from the VOM system in due course as part of the action. We will confirm order reference details as soon as the changes made by the factory become clear.

At H-DA we recognize that this is a disappointing situation and have developed the following actions in response:

•   You will be offered an initial build CVO allocation from MY14 to replace the lost unit; and
•   If you provide H-DA with the Name and Address details of a customer impacted by the cancellation prior to COB Friday 5th April we will provide a $1,000 Retail Voucher that can be claimed in store by the customer should they:
A.   Choose to wait for supply of CVO vehicle from MY14 range
B.   Switch their order to any vehicle from the MY13 range
•   This voucher will be sent to the customer upon advise by the dealer that a valid person has purchased a vehicle and a voucher should be sent. We will match this request to the initial records sent to H-DA prior to Friday 5th April. The dealer should send the redeemed voucher with a copy of the receipt for refund of $1000 (inc GST) to H-DA once customer has used it for purchase.

We appreciate that this puts you in a difficult position, however the matter is out of our control and no alternative actions are open to us other than those listed above.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: It Officailly Canned
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »

Wow! Shyty! You have my condolences....you were lookin' forward to getting that bike. I'm surprised they are offering that $1000 voucher....but you gotta buy a bike.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:52 PM »

I was in a similar situation with my Street Glide in 2011, waited 4 months and wrong colour turned up so I got the 2012 model. Best part about it the 12's had the latest updates including added extras.

Will be worth the wait on the second (2014MY) run. Maybe get the standard BO in the mean time and trade up to the CVO next year. Just a thought!!!
Dealer may be able to do a deal for you!

Not sure where your from but if your in VIC talk to Rick at HH, he will look after you.

skullplant

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE Road Glide CVO-Red Pepper
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

I don't really understand, why is this happening?

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »

Maybe demand on Standard Breakouts  :nixweiss:

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:04 AM »

Just wondering how many actually made it to dealerships. Original number was 1900, total number???
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »

any confirmation from other markets? Very unusual H-D Asia Pacific to know - and communicate - such news first.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 06:44:23 AM »

It's got to be paint supply issues or something related to getting the parts painted. Not much is out of their control other than paint. And you can get the CVO Wheels, so it isn't those.

That's too bad for those who are still waiting for their CVO Breakouts. They are beautiful bikes.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 07:04:30 AM »

Maybe I could sell mine for like $40K  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

...but seriously, I would.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.