Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Would youdo an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special  (Read 22164 times)

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Re: Would youdo an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »

IMO the Breakout is worth more than $24K and the SG Special can be found for less than $24k.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 01:10:08 PM »

IMO the Breakout is worth more than $24K and the SG Special can be found for less than $24k.
My uncle just bought a SGS for $22,495 and they doubled the factory warranty. Slow time for the dealers with this white stuff flying around up here.  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »

I would do the sgs.    Just sayin,,

SLJ

• SLJ
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »

I'm from Australia and you won't get one down here new for under $43k

I've got a 2014 in silver and people go nuts about it. Literally. I get people holding up green lights to talk and try to take photos from cars!
I gets a little too much at times as I'd love to chat for 20 mins but sometimes I can't. I had a nice Fatboy that got comments before but nothing like the BO.

Certainly not a bike I'd recommend for people with a social disorder :2vrolijk_21:

Tell the dealer you want more $$, importing the breakouts are a little tricky but can be done.

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 11:51:53 PM »

I had never thought about buying a HD till I walked into a dealership and saw a Breakout. I fell in love. While I do have thoughts about saving it or riding my Warrior so as not to take the chance of dropping the Breakout I shake those off and ride that MF as often and as far as I can. If I use it up Ill have the engine rebuilt. If I drop it Ill have it fixed. Its beautiful and I love the bike. While I have learned to appreciate other HD bikes there is not one I would trade my Breakout for. I wouldn't even trade it for a 2014 model, I don't like the paint scheme.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »

I had never thought about buying a HD till I walked into a dealership and saw a Breakout. I fell in love. While I do have thoughts about saving it or riding my Warrior so as not to take the chance of dropping the Breakout I shake those off and ride that MF as often and as far as I can. If I use it up Ill have the engine rebuilt. If I drop it Ill have it fixed. Its beautiful and I love the bike. While I have learned to appreciate other HD bikes there is not one I would trade my Breakout for. I wouldn't even trade it for a 2014 model, I don't like the paint scheme.
. +1
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 04:35:01 AM »

Exactly you hit the nail on the head 2013 CVOBreakout  :bananarock:i could have made £10000 just before i took delivery and in a year when the resection bit me in the rear end but no its not for sale its a bike for life for me anyway!!

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 08:11:33 AM »

+1

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 06:34:30 PM »

Just no possible way i would trade a BO for a Street Glide, and I ride a LOT of Street Glides.  Whenever I am on the West Coast at our HQ I rent one to ride the PCH, and I rent them frequently when on vacation(all the HD dealers have for rentals typically are Ultras and Street Glides, so it's an each choice for me).  I am probably on them 35 to 40 days a year.

Don't get me wrong, the Street Glide is a super cool bike.  Comfort for all day riding and blaring the tunes while driving around Big Sur is awesome, and much better handling than the Ultras.  I also really like the Batwing front end. But I  like the more nimble(a realtive term with the size of these bikes!) handling of the BO.  I'm just not a touring guy.  I wouldn't pack stuff in side bags for an overnighter, just not my thing, so the lack of bags is no big deal.

Overall just too much bulk for me to live with everyday.

But hey, what do I know, i think the Street Glide is still far and away the best selling model HD has... :2vrolijk_21:

2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »

I traded in the Breakout.  The clear coat on the tank was pitting all over the place.  it looked like pinholes in the clear.....I tried buffing it to no avail.  I also noticed 4 blackish/brown specks on the tank as well.  The front fended pinstripe was messed up at the lip of the fender.  All in all, the bike was sexy as hell, I think the paint was executed poorly.  i wish they didn't sub out the paint work because I think that if Harley did it in house, it would have been better.  There are a lot of guys getting replacement fenders and tanks after not even a year of ownership....that is no bueno!  The Street Glide Special is awesome.....for the 10 miles I put on it before it snowed and salted everywhere.

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

I think you done the right thing Nicky. You haven't stopped complaining about the Breakout, and have been looking for reasons to off load since you bought it. Youve probably written as many posts as you have ridden miles. Hey, no disrespect but some people just like the idea of owning a  harley. Each to their own. I hope you enjoy your new ride. ;D Dave

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »

I think you done the right thing Nicky. You haven't stopped complaining about the Breakout, and have been looking for reasons to off load since you bought it. Youve probably written as many posts as you have ridden miles. Hey, no disrespect but some people just like the idea of owning a  harley. Each to their own. I hope you enjoy your new ride. ;D Dave

Oh no Nicky, it looks like your trade has dissed some BO owners!  To each his own.  I think you have made a wise decision for you.  There is nothing wrong about discussing what we like and dislike about our rides.  It's all opinionated info that we readers digest and process to our own whims as we learn what everyone thinks about their own bike.  I don't think I could stand to read only the positive aspects of H-D anymore than I would just the negative stuff.  Personally, I enjoy the variety of comments, good and bad, that people post.  That's the whole idea behind this great resource, the CVO site.  Many happy miles to you on the new scoot! 
Jesus is Lord

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »

I traded in the Breakout.  The clear coat on the tank was pitting all over the place.  it looked like pinholes in the clear.....I tried buffing it to no avail.  I also noticed 4 blackish/brown specks on the tank as well.  The front fended pinstripe was messed up at the lip of the fender.  All in all, the bike was sexy as hell, I think the paint was executed poorly.  i wish they didn't sub out the paint work because I think that if Harley did it in house, it would have been better.  There are a lot of guys getting replacement fenders and tanks after not even a year of ownership....that is no bueno!  The Street Glide Special is awesome.....for the 10 miles I put on it before it snowed and salted everywhere.
:worthless:

Come on Nicky  let us see the Beauty   ;D

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »

He never stopped complaining about the previous bike he had on another forum before he traded it in on the BO.  :huepfenlol2:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 1.4 seconds with 21 queries.