Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Parts Number for Saddle Bag  (Read 3238 times)

TexasLowrider

• TX

• CVO1: 2002 Dyna Lowrider
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE3
Parts Number for Saddle Bag
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »

I know I'm a little late to the game, but I have had my eye on the FLSTSE's since they came out back in 2010. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to ride one at Daytona Bike Week and fell in love with it. Last week, I finally pulled the trigger on a used blue abyss '12 Convertible that had only 1100 miles on it. Before I even made it home, the left side saddle bag flew off and was hit by an eighteen wheeler. Evidently the previous owner had not secured the bag correctly, but I except responsibility because I knew this was an issue with these bikes and I should have double checked it before I started the ride home. Does anyone have access to the parts number(s) to replace the complete left side saddle bag? I'm not sure, but I think its actually four different parts. The lid, the bucket, the support and the locking devise. Also, the left turn indicator on the dash does not work. I took the dash apart yesterday and found the LED bar has a plug and should be easy to replace. Can anyone look up the part number for the LED display in the dash. Thanks.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Parts Number for Saddle Bag
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:09 PM »

Illustration Attached, Click on it to enlarge.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »

Parts list attached, click on it to enlarge.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »

Illustration, click to enlarge.

Jerry

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:36:45 PM »

Parts List, click to enlarge.

Jerry

TexasLowrider

• TX

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:00:30 PM »

Thank you so much Jerry for the information. I found everything I needed. I will be calling Surdyke HD first thing tomorrow to order the parts.

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »

Owners out there also check the lock levers as one of mine has fell off and this one was found in the bottom of the bag so check they are tight,
Can you buy replacements anywhere or do you have to order from HD?

TexasLowrider

• TX

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »

I ordered my saddlebag and the lockset online from Surdyke HD. They offer a 20% discount on all OEM parts. The saddlebag lockset requires a key code so that it will be keyed to match your bike's ignition. The key code is stamped on the key. You can find it by sliding the key out of its black cover. I was told that the lockset will be shipped directly from the MOCO.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

Excellent reminder, Fadboy.  Back in July I went to open my left saddlebag and realized it didn't want to lock or unlock pretty good.  I opened the bag and realized the inner guts were "missing".  Crap!  Now what do I do?  upon closer inspection, the actually locking lever and nut/washer was resting in the hollow of the bag itself.  Taking out my crescent wrench, I was able to figure how it went back together and tightened it up so all was secure again.  I was thankful it didn't fall out all over the road on me.  Helpful to tighten these up now and again as well as check that we have our bags secured also.  Pork

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.