Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 17 SG with 15in winshield reflects CVO LED in road view at night  (Read 1753 times)

CVOdave

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide O/B
    • CVO2: 2017 CVO Street Glide O/B

Noticed when I put the 15 in. windshield on my 17 CVO that I couldn't see the road through the reflected glow of the CVO LED at night. I called Harley Customer Care, and to their credit they offered me a refund for the windshield, but no one had apparently communicated any concerns. I can't stand having wind "rapping" in my ears, so I'll stick with the 15in. I plan to put small Velcro patches and a piece of something to cover the LED at night. I know most people don't use the 15in windshield but for those that do, are you seeing this issue? I'm 5'11" and look through the windshield, I also have a Mustang seat (may change the height a bit.)

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

Re: 17 SG with 15in winshield reflects CVO LED in road view at night
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 11:34:39 PM »

You could simply remove 2 bolts and lift the tank center trim up and unplug the light since you only see it at night anyway, when you are planning on covering up.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »

You could simply remove 2 bolts and lift the tank center trim up and unplug the light since you only see it at night anyway, when you are planning on covering up.

You beat me to it. :)

I agree, the best and easiest approach is to just disconnect the light, which is very easy to do.  I never understood why Harley thought having a lighted emblem on the console was a good idea in the first place.  They should have spent the money on better lighting on the rear of the bike, IMHO.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOdave

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide O/B
    • CVO2: 2017 CVO Street Glide O/B
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:29:46 PM »

I have to agree with you Jerry. But I also can envision some young stylist with a huge college bill trying to come up with some WOW factor for the new bike so he can keep his job, so I have a little sympathy. After thinking about it I figured that Harley could fix this "oversight" by tying the emblem into the sensor for the infotainment light dimming, or tie it into the neutral switch so when neutral light goes out (bike in gear) the emblem light goes out.

There's lots of opportunity to make money on aftermarket fixes for this bike! clutch engagement, and this LED emblem to name just a couple.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 07:13:59 AM »

You beat me to it. :)

I never understood why Harley thought having a lighted emblem on the console was a good idea in the first place.  They should have spent the money on better lighting on the rear of the bike, IMHO.

Jerry

I love the Lighted CVO Emblem on the tank of my bike.   I think it's one of the cool features of the CVO!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.