Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Mo-Door Garage Door Opener  (Read 6877 times)

Jerzboy739

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide CVO (carbon crystal w/ phantom flames)
Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »

Just thought I'd share this programmable garage door opener.  I absolutely love it and it's so handy and looks like it was factory installed.  I mounted the control box behind the fairing.  It looks great and will program to almost every brand garage door.   Bill
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:57:05 PM by Jerzboy739 »

Jerzboy739

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Re: Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:52:16 PM »

Mo-Door Garage Opener

Jerzboy739

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »

Mounted button above mic jack on my Glide

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 08:55:04 PM »

pretty cool, but I went to the website.  $100 is pretty pricey when you consider that all they did was to do the 'garage door opener' mod where you take a regular garage door remote and wire in a hd odometer reset switch.  i'm running that right now on my bike.  about $30 worth of parts.

but can't fault a company for taking an existing idea and making it look a lot prettier and selling it.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »

I bought the Harley odometer switch wired it to my remote and mounted it in the door on my lower have had it in 3 bikes at two different homes works great.  Under $10 since I used my existing remote.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Jerzboy739

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »

I wasn't saying it was groundbreaking technology. Lol.  I didn't have a spare opener anyway, and this sealed unit is actually very well made, durable, and sealed to prevent water damage.  Every garage door opener I ever had in my vehicles were very thin plastic and not sealed for being out in the elements.  Besides, I cant remember the last time I bought something for any of my Harleys that was under $100.00.  Correct?!?  lol

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 09:56:24 PM »

I wasn't saying it was groundbreaking technology. Lol.  I didn't have a spare opener anyway, and this sealed unit is actually very well made, durable, and sealed to prevent water damage.  Every garage door opener I ever had in my vehicles were very thin plastic and not sealed for being out in the elements.  Besides, I cant remember the last time I bought something for any of my Harleys that was under $100.00.  Correct?!?  lol
I just Velcro the transmitter in the UBS compartment and just used it yesterday, it worked so much better than digging in your pocket for it, but if I get tired of opening the little door to press the button, I will definitely get this transmitter, seems like a nice clean installation and waterproof like you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 07:18:33 AM »

absolutely.  i've got to hand it to them, taking an existing idea, improving on it, and making some money off it.  the american way   :cucumber:

if i didn't have an extra remote already, i would have liked this option to be available.  as it was, i had 2 remotes, which was a good thing as i messed up the first one.  so if soldering is not your forte, then this is a great route to go.  much easier to install than other options, and price competitive.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »

I need to get one of those motorized doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Glenncarp

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »

I'm a bit confused, both my '11 SERGU and '16 SERGU came with switch already on bike. I plugged in power head and wired that to opener and all I do is switch low beans to high and garage door opens. It is now easier on '16 as there is a "flash to pass" option by pressing bottom of headlight switch to flash high beams. Door opens from a block away using this on my bike

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 06:06:16 PM »

My 14 came with the garage door opener built in, works perfect.  I assume they don't come with this anymore?

Glenncarp

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 06:09:45 PM »

My 14 came with the garage door opener built in, works perfect.  I assume they don't come with this anymore?

They do, my '16 came with it

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 06:10:30 PM »

I believe only the CVO EG Ultra/Ltd and RG Ultra came with the garage door openers, and still do as far as I know.

All the other CVO owners must purchase them separately.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:24:42 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »

My '15 CVO RGU did come with an opener but unfortunately its not compatible with the newer Chamberlin door opener electronics.  I've decided to just Velcro a mini remote inside my RGU fairing door for now.  Works OK except I have to take my hand off the grip to use it.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Glenncarp

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »

My '15 CVO RGU did come with an opener but unfortunately its not compatible with the newer Chamberlin door opener electronics.  I've decided to just Velcro a mini remote inside my RGU fairing door for now.  Works OK except I have to take my band off grip.

Weird, electrical part ot it is pretty simlle the radio wave sent from the garage door transmitter, whether it is a key fob or a light switch break the circuit which makes the door open and close can't understand why I wouldn't work with a new opener
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.