CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

Show Off (us) your Toy Hauler setup

(1/10) > >>

LETS_ROLL:
I know RGlideKid posted a "whatcha Tow", let's make this the Toy Hauler version😜😜.

I'm starting to plan for retirement and curious of what members of the forum have.  What's your set up?
Motorhome w/ built in garage, motorhome or truck w/ 5th wheel or bumper pull toy hauler. We are planning on a truck with 5th wheel.

We have the truck, F-350 power stroke ( not dually), so it will pull, just not a super heavy TH.  My wife just retired, so we're a couple of steps short.  Missing a TH and me retiring😂😂. 
I know a few things we would need like,
a garage big enough for 2 baggers,
King size bed😜,
Nice size bathroom (2 would be nice),
Big fridge...
We're not planning on full timing but, plan on being away from home for a while.  Our family is spread all across the states.

So, post a couple of pics of your setups. Write a couple of things you really like about it (can't do without) and maybe some things you wish you had or will be sure to get/have on the next one when or if you upgrade.            Ride safe, Let's Roll

JCZ:
Interesting topic Gabe.

You know what I have, you've been in it......    https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=111630.0

But just a couple of comments.  What make, model and year is your truck?  That will determine a lot as the late model trucks have higher towing capacity.  Dodge and Ford both have a higher tow rating than the GM products in the 1 ton class.

There's a lot to consider (especially with a SRW) when it comes to toyhaulers, besides floor plan.  ie.  loaded tongue weight, double axle or triple axle, a "true" all seasons vs one that claims "arctic pkg." of some other mumble jumbo (is the underside completely enclosed and heated by the furnace to keep your plumbing from freezing should it drop below freezing, etc.  You'll use it more months out of the year if you're comfortably warm in it vs. those model of toyhaulers that feel like a meat locker).   An on board (built in) gas generator means you'll have a gas station on board, also.  A portable generator you always have to move it, think about security when you're away from your rig, etc.

These are a few things that come to mind right away.  If I think of more things that should be considered, I'll post up.

LETS_ROLL:
JC, figured you'd be in here soon enough.  When we met in FL I picked your brain a bit and yes these are all good topics and you did mention them.  We still have a while till we're ready to buy but I figured start getting some info.  Thanks again.

We have a 2016 F-350 (srw) diesel power stroke.

Let's Roll

JCZ:
Here's a link to the Momentum floor plans (all Momentums are toy haulers).  The lightest UVW looks to be the 328M.  All Momentums come with everything I mentioned above.

If you click on each floor plan then on Specs, you can see what the tongue weight is.  Keep in mind that when weights are posted, that's RVs that are weighed at the factory, so no batteries, no water (8.34 lbs. per gallon adds up real fast) in the holding tank, no gas in the on board gas station, empty holding tanks, etc.  So when it's set up to actually use you add all that weight plus food, dishes, clothes, tools, etc. and it adds up real quick.  My 5th wheel weighs 21,020 lbs. loaded with my bike, but mine is six feet longer than the 328M.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2019/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans

There are others on this forum that have some nice toyhaulers, lookin forward to seeing what they got.  :2vrolijk_21:

Joel:
Are you doing new or used. I ask because many places won't allow motor homes or trailers on their site if they're 10 years old or older so keep that in mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version