Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Race Tuner  (Read 3156 times)

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
SE Race Tuner
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:17:05 PM »

Can anyone provide information on the SE Race Tuner?  I have read all the basics and understand that it can only be used on one bike, has the option of taking on a 30 minue ride to record data, has the ability to do future mods and continue to build new maps.

I am looking to have a couple basic questions answered:
-Is there a map for a 2003 SE Deuce with a Stage 1 Download already installed?  
-Should there be a map reaady to download for my bike, how accurate is it?  (i.e. 80%, 90%, 90%+)?
-While I understand that a Dyno Tune is the best option, does it have to be done?  (Can't find a good tuning location in my area).  I will take it somewhere if it needs to be done, but if the preloaded configuration is in the 90% performance range, I may choose not to mess with it for the minimal exttra performance.

My bike is the stock SE Deuce configuration (95", 203 Cams).  The only mods done are:
-Bassani Pro Street Exhaust
-Hi-Flow Air Cleaner
-Stage 1 download

Thanks for any help with this.

Skull

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: SE Race Tuner
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:29:46 PM »

Skull, there is a standard 95" Stage I map installed on the RT that you can use, though from the list of mods you provided at the end of you post, it sounds like you may have already purchased and installed that download separately.  If you did, then the one that comes with the RT should be the same map.  Anyway, if you simply install that map and do nothing else, judging from my own experience doing the same thing with my SEEG which has slip-ons and the Stage I air cleaner, I would say it is around 90% accurate.

As far as the dyno tuning, that is what will get you the other 10%, or for discussion's sake, probably around 2-3 HP and ft./lbs.  Like you, I have no one nearby that I trust to do the dyno tuning, so I have been satisfied to leave mine well enough alone.  But when I do find someone, I will have already purchased the RT and be ready to go.

But again, if you already have the Stage I download that you purchased for $150, I would not purchase the $300+ RT only to install the same map from it that you already have.

yelladeuce

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 07:10:26 PM »

what download does the se deuce have from factory?
JUST GETTIN STARTED!!!

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 07:35:19 PM »

what download does the se deuce have from factory?
You already asked this identical question in this same forum and were given an extremely detailed answer.  Why are you posting duplicate questions.

Also, to make the download issue clear.  A Non EFI Tuner 1550 Stage I download it IS NOT the same as the 1550 Stage I which comes on the EFI Tuner.  You are being given bad information here ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.  If you look, you will see that the non EFI Tuner 1550 Stage I uses STOCK exhaust and the EFI Tuner maps are all for air cleaners AND Mufflers.  The EFI Tuner maps are are not Street Legal.  The non EFI Tuner 1550 Stage I is.
Hope this helps.  I would recomend against asking the same question multiple times under different headers because the people who really know what is going on will just start to ignore it.
Oh, and before I forget, the Bassani's and the air cleaner and a Non EFI Tuner Stage I is running too lean.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 07:37:56 PM by One_Screamin_Eagle »
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

yelladeuce

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 06:33:41 PM »

if you notice i asked the question on aug 16 under one heading and got no responce. 6 days later i asked it again where it was a fresh topic. thanks for your responce but I always get a different answer each time. Thats okay though cause hd dealers give me a different answer each time and each dealer. Just looking for a definattive answer.
JUST GETTIN STARTED!!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 03:18:33 PM »

My bike is the stock SE Deuce configuration (95", 203 Cams).  The only mods done are:
-Bassani Pro Street Exhaust
-Hi-Flow Air Cleaner
-Stage 1 download

If you look, you will see that the non EFI Tuner 1550 Stage I uses STOCK exhaust and the EFI Tuner maps are all for air cleaners AND Mufflers.  The EFI Tuner maps are are not Street Legal.  The non EFI Tuner 1550 Stage I is.

One Screamer is correct you are probably too lean and the bike is most likely running to hot.  Recommend spending only enough money to have the bike put on a dyno for a Air/Fuel run to see what your range is.   I am going to bet you are over 16:1 due to the aircleaner / pipes that you have.   Since this is only a guess and its relatively inexpensive to have a dyno pull done I would recommend you do this and then react based on the results.   If you are over 14 to 1 A/F or your curve is not flat and stable that you might want to invest into a racetuner and have someone qualified dyno / tune it for you.

Worrying bout mis information can be pushed to the wayside by this simple dyno run just make sure they have the bike at operating temperature and I would pay them to remove the muffler and test each cylinder independently for you so you know how each cylinder is running.

Hope this helps.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.