Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Springer mufflers  (Read 3037 times)

Hoss-Man

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Springer mufflers
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:35:40 PM »

Hi there, I've got an HDI model Springer which as you guys will know has different mufflers (tapered, with the upper muffler having a larger outlet diameter and an "active" exhaust flap).
My question to you springer owners (US models): Are the stock mufflers the same ones that are in the 2007 SE catalogue?
page #78, 80497-07 slash-downs.

Here's a pic of the HDI model:

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Springer mufflers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »

The part numbers for the US CVO Springer mufflers are 65694-07 front and 65969-07 rear. These mufflers are also included as part of the 110” SE kit on page 537, #A.

The part numbers for the 80497-07 mufflers that you mention are 80513-07 front and 80512-07 rear.

I am not aware of the differences between the two mufflers. Good luck and welcome aboard! :)

djkak

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:06:44 PM »

Welcome from a 07 Springer owner I do not have a SE catalouge so I cannot answer ...Do not limit yourself just to MOTO company parts and accesories look at after market pipes and accesories ...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »

Hi there, I've got an HDI model Springer which as you guys will know has different mufflers (tapered, with the upper muffler having a larger outlet diameter and an "active" exhaust flap).
My question to you springer owners (US models): Are the stock mufflers the same ones that are in the 2007 SE catalogue?
page #78, 80497-07 slash-downs.

Here's a pic of the HDI model:

Welcome Hoss. From what I've been told about those Flapper Mufflers, changing them effects the ECM and generates a trouble code. You can't just replace them. There are a few guys from overseas here that are dealing with this now. I suggest you introduce yourself on the New Member topic and you'll be more likely to have more people read it. They'll be able to help you with the Flapper issue. The stock CVO mufflers are not the same as the SE catalog ones. Good luck with you new ride! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 04:15:59 AM »

Morning Hoss-Man,

Welcome on this site from the other border (FRANCE)   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

It'll be nice for the other members if you presente you in the thread "New Member Introduction" with a pc of your bike. ;)

Regards
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.