Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S&S duel intake system  (Read 1561 times)

InfidelHog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
S&S duel intake system
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »

Has anyone here had any experience with or has heard about the new duel intake system offered by S&S?  It has 2 foward facing coned shaped aircleaners.  They promise an additional 7-9hp...  I've ordered it through my dealer. Right now it is on backorder. I like the looks so even if I get only 2hp and the equal amount of torque gain I will be content.  What is the word here on S&S products?

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: S&S duel intake system
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:50:30 PM »

Hi InfidelHog,
I don't know if anyone has that system installed yet since it's so new. I think I read somewhere that it's pretty expensive and may not have enough clearance on bikes with lowers? I would worry about riding in the rain with any cone setup but I guess you could get nylon "sock"  covers to protect the intakes from water?
S&S makes very good products and has been in business for many years.
I have just installed their stainless SPO mufflers and so far I love them. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

InfidelHog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »

Thank you for your input VA...  I ordered the part.  Right now it is on "back order".  Once it is on I will have the bike redyno'd and will report the outcome.  

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »

Are you going to re-dyno since you're changing your air/fuel ratios?  It's going to run lean otherwise.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

InfidelHog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:04:28 PM »

Ernie,
Yes, that's the plan...  Since the intake is different and according to S&S supposed to up HP and torque it will be interesting to see if their claims are accurate.  Speed has a single intake system along with Arlen Ness plus a few others... I am surprised that no one has tried it so far.  

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.