Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oxygen Sensor Bung Location for Rineharts  (Read 1329 times)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Oxygen Sensor Bung Location for Rineharts
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »

I already have the ThunderMax, but without the autotune feature.  I purchased the oxygen sensor bungs from Zippers to allow me to add the autotune close loop feature, but I am unsure as to exactly where to weld them in.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Would it be possible for one of you that have had them installed in Rinehart pipes to post some photos of where you put the bungs?  Any description/measurements would be helpful also.  I want to try to do it right the first time, if possible.  Thanks.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Oxygen Sensor Bung Location for Rineharts
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »

I already have the ThunderMax, but without the autotune feature.  I purchased the oxygen sensor bungs from Zippers to allow me to add the autotune close loop feature, but I am unsure as to exactly where to weld them in.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Would it be possible for one of you that have had them installed in Rinehart pipes to post some photos of where you put the bungs?  Any description/measurements would be helpful also.  I want to try to do it right the first time, if possible.  Thanks.

The bung location is not an exact location. Anything between 4 and 12 inches should be fine.

You have a good bit of flexibility in the location you pick. I'd put them where they were not really visible and where cable routing is not an issue.

Good luck.

Chief

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.