Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BUB response to pipe replacement for Rinehart TDs  (Read 1648 times)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
BUB response to pipe replacement for Rinehart TDs
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »

John,
Looking to get some info on the below from BUB after reading your thread with Dennis Manning at your shop and the O2 sensor was in a real tight spot on the front pipe and a replacement was in the works.

I do not know where Zipper's got that info. But I just spoke with our Sales Mngr. and there is nothing like that going to be offered. There was a issue with the rear pipe cracking that we would replace. That may be what they're mistaken with. Our BUB exhaust are made to fit with the OEM bike. When you put the Bosch or Zippers 02 sensors on your bike that is not a OEM device. So I would tell Zipper's that is false. I'm sorry but that is the Companies stand on this issue. The problem is if they made a Mod. for every different aftermarket part, they would be in a steady redesign mode, is what they tell me. Hope this clears up this issue. Thanks, Jim

Jim Rego
   Bub Tech Support
   1-800-934-9739
   7:30am-4:00pm pst

Thanks for the scoop.
TimBone
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:44:59 AM by tigertr71 »

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member

I can only tell you what he told me.  I do know that Denis is still on the road traveling with the BUB streamliner as I saw him last weekend at the Cincinnati V-Twin trade show.  He won't be back to the shop until the show series ends, another month or so.  Thanks, JK

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member

John,
Thanks for the info.
Will talk to Bub in a month or so and see if they
will be doing an exchange at that time.
Tim

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.