Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sound from baffleless stock shotgun exhaust FLSTCI  (Read 2589 times)

baricamp

Sound from baffleless stock shotgun exhaust FLSTCI
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:36:10 PM »

Has anyone removed the baffles from the stock shotgun exhaust. I like the looks of the muffler on my FLSTCI but want the deep sound of without. I have heard using a hole saw and removing the whole baffle and I also heard just punching out the inside end. Also when remapping after the alteration can it be remapped with standard equipment or is it better to invest in the commander system.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: Sound from baffleless stock shotgun exhaust FLSTCI
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:57:07 PM »

Good afternoon baricamp !

You are  :welcome_005: on this site from FRANCE !

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike .  :thumbsup:

Best regards
 :vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »

I would be careful about removing the baffle,s personally think you should go with an aftermarket pipe and turner in the long haul you will be happy :) :) :)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »

I would be careful about removing the baffle,s personally think you should go with an aftermarket pipe and turner in the long haul you will be happy :) :) :)
I agree ... with the EFI bikes, you're better off going with aftermarket pipes and a tuner.  Back in the carb days, boring out baffles was common practice, and with some minor rejetting, you were good to go, but a different story with EFI. 
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:14:59 AM »

Has anyone removed the baffles from the stock shotgun exhaust. I like the looks of the muffler on my FLSTCI but want the deep sound of without. I have heard using a hole saw and removing the whole baffle and I also heard just punching out the inside end. Also when remapping after the alteration can it be remapped with standard equipment or is it better to invest in the commander system.

Welcome aboard BC. I wouldn't do that yourself. Companies like Fulsac will rebaffle your mufflers properly and relatively inexpensively. Good quality tested stuff. I'd probably invest in a tunable ECM mod over a download. You won't find the exact download for a modified stock muffler. Then get a good Dyno-tune with them! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »

I just had a set of Vance Hinse baffles made to fit my stock muffles chambers on my '07 FXDSE  :2vrolijk_21: so far so good...sounds great, and running smooth !!  I beleive Hoist knows the name and address of a company that will make a baffle st up for you if nobody is local to you.   AHHHH  it's nice to have friends !! :bananarock:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »

I just had a set of Vance Hinse baffles made to fit my stock muffles chambers on my '07 FXDSE  :2vrolijk_21: so far so good...sounds great, and running smooth !!  I beleive Hoist knows the name and address of a company that will make a baffle st up for you if nobody is local to you.   AHHHH  it's nice to have friends !! :bananarock:

Hey Jack it was in the post I recommended it to him in. Here it is again. Fullsac  928-505-2912  Steve. I never used them. I buy mufflers. I'm hearing good things about them though. This was a beerman thing. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.