Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: TC 103 Air Filter on FLHTCUSE  (Read 4767 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: TC 103 Air Filter on FLHTCUSE
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 11:00:29 AM »

Hi Terry,
I read your DPP install.  Now you know why I went to 120 in/lbs.  I see low-end quality every day, so it doesn't really surprise me.  I suppose I need to just belly up, order a DPP and be done with this crap.
I'll get to it...........too much other stuff transpiring right now.

HML

Henry, don't delay. The quality of the DPP backplate (their whole assembly) is night and day to the HD crap! You'll be very happy with this unit, with or without the PV's. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »

If anyone has any theories of how this might have happened, please let me know.  I have not removed the air filter since I bought the bike.........since the 5K service was done at a dealer.  I follow the old schedule, and do my own 2.5K services, but do not remove the air filter.  Haven't ever had a blowby problem, which required me to remove the air filter and clean it at every service like I had to do on the old Ultra.  I think that might change with a new K&N Air Filter.  The old POS from HD appears to be made of paper, and it looks like it soaked up all the breather oil.  I dunno.  This has scary implications.  I'd have freaked if that thing had fallen off while cruising down the road.

Bagger:  Had the same thing happen on the first Ness Big Sucker I installed.  Probably had more threadlocker on the filter screws than on the back plate studs they mount into.  Applying some heat with a hair dryer/heat gun would have helped with removing the filter screws.

I now use blue medium strength thread locker on the back plate studs and purple low strength on the three filter screws.  With correct torque, never had this problem again nor did any of the fasteners work loose.

:xyxthumbs:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Bagger

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 11:01:14 PM »

I ended up ordering a K&N HD-0800 from EPC via eBay.  $49.50.  Today was the first day I had the time to ride since the old one fell apart.  I was having so much fun riding that I didn't pay much attention to the air cleaner.  The bike runs great, and to me, that is all that really matters.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.