Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stock 2017 CVO Pro Street Breakout Bassani exhaust/tuning question  (Read 986 times)

rchiappa

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

I was looking to put a new set of Bassani Radial Sweepers on my 2017 CVO Pro Street Breakout and I am trying to educate myself on all of the tuners out there, but then my dealer said that since it already is a Screaming Eagle one setup, I wouldn't need a tuner unless I wanted to buy one to add it so I am not sure if I can just buy the exhaust and put it on myself without tuning it or doing anything further, or if I actually do need to tune it after installing the new exhaust. Does anyone have good knowledge on this that could provide more insight please?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Stock 2017 CVO Pro Street Breakout Bassani exhaust/tuning question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »

If you do some reading on the Forum oh, I think you'll find that most of us trust Steve at this company:  FULLSAC PERFORMANCE

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »

If you do some reading on the Forum oh, I think you'll find that most of us trust Steve at this company:  FULLSAC PERFORMANCE

X-2!
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 11:52:03 PM »

I am not sure if I can just buy the exhaust and put it on myself without tuning it or doing anything further, or if I actually do need to tune it after installing the new exhaust.
If I understand correctly, your question is "Do I need a tuner after changing the exhaust?  The answer, in general, is:
1.  If you remove the catalytic converter (usually located in the header, but on some models it's in the mufflers)...then yes, it must be tuned.  Aftermarket headers do not have catalytic converters.
2.  If you keep the stock header (cat still in it)...then no, you don't have to tune it---however, it probably will run better if tuned by a good tuner (the person).
3.  If you're going to get it tuned, find a good tuner-person, and use whichever type of tuner-module he prefers.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 09:54:31 PM »

You could ring him to confirm, but as far as I know, Steve at Fulsac does not make a pipe to suit a Breakout and has little to do with Softails.
His specialty is Touring bikes and pipes to suit.

And to your original question, you swap pipes, generally a new tune would be needed because pipes have a significant effect on the tune.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.