Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2020 CVO Ultra runs HOT  (Read 1057 times)

gpopvet

• Elite CVO Member
  • 74 and still riding hard.
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Trike
2020 CVO Ultra runs HOT
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:28:39 PM »

Had my 2020 CVO Ultra out I could barely ride the right side was so burning my leg I have quite a few bikes and never was this uncomfortable. I have true duals and head pipe. I called dealership and was told Harley no longer uses fans and I have to buy one WTF spend 40,000 plus and no fan? HELP
2021 CVO Trike

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 2020 CVO Ultra runs HOT
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 07:47:54 PM »

Had my 2020 CVO Ultra out I could barely ride the right side was so burning my leg I have quite a few bikes and never was this uncomfortable. I have true duals and head pipe. I called dealership and was told Harley no longer uses fans and I have to buy one WTF spend 40,000 plus and no fan? HELP

You would be surprised how much a GOOD tune up would cool that bike down.
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 08:07:41 PM »

Agreed... Need it good tune too cool it down... EPA has these bikes running lean to pass the standards....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »

Harley's didn't come with fans in the past either, unless you count the ones on the Twin Cooled radiators (you still have those), so I don't have a clue what that dealership person meant.  He is correct that you can buy a cooling fan that helps direct air from the rear of the engine away from the rider, but that never was standard equipment.  Harley sells that unit, the aftermarket can provide fans that blow directly on the heads to keep them cooler but that's not going to make a significant difference in the heat you feel on your right leg.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/coolflow-fan/p/26800128

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.