Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '09 exhaust header  (Read 1472 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
'09 exhaust header
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »

Has anyone verified if there is a difference in the '09 bagger header assembly? Specifically if there is a cat in the Canada and export pieces, like there is in the Ca. pipes.
I see 2 different part numbers for this header pipe, and visual inspection on 49 state bikes and Ca. bikes look different from the outside.
Bikes on the floor here in PA show a little different configuration than the Ca. models. Castings and welding differences. Can't access the parts along the assembly line in York, they frown on "hands on" from tourists, for some reason!
I'm still trying to see if there is a cat in the export header assembly.
If this was covered previously, I must have missed it, I'm on the road.
Thanks for everyone's help!
HOGMIKE

hogpilot

• CVO1: '09 SERG Electric Orange
    • CVO2: '02 FLHTCUI
    • CVO3: '06 FXSTB
Re: '09 exhaust header
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »

Several dealer service managers tell me the stock '09 touring head pipes have no CAT, only the CVO 110.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:33:12 PM »

Several dealer service managers tell me the stock '09 touring head pipes have no CAT, only the CVO 110.

Thanks!
HOGMIKE

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 08:29:24 AM »

Domestic 49 state TC96 models have no cat; California, Export, and CVO110 models do have a cat.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jcd520

Exhaust for 09 touring models
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »

Yesterday at a local HD dealership  a service tech told me that you can order the exhaust header pipe(s) for ant non CVO touring bike and they do not have the catalytic converter in them. I was stunned. If this is already covered in this forum I apologize , but I had not heard that. He says that they have been putting them on the CVO ultras and road glides. He says that the only ones that come stock with converters in the collector portion of the two into one into two headpipes are California models and CVO bikes. So apparently you can buy a stock harley header off any non CVO  ultra, classic, standard , road glide or road king and then put on mufflers of your choice , remap and you are on your way without having to wait on aftermarket header pipes or drilling out the converter on your CVO. Any comments?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Exhaust for 09 touring models
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »

Yesterday at a local HD dealership  a service tech told me that you can order the exhaust header pipe(s) for ant non CVO touring bike and they do not have the catalytic converter in them. I was stunned. If this is already covered in this forum I apologize , but I had not heard that. He says that they have been putting them on the CVO ultras and road glides. He says that the only ones that come stock with converters in the collector portion of the two into one into two headpipes are California models and CVO bikes. So apparently you can buy a stock harley header off any non CVO  ultra, classic, standard , road glide or road king and then put on mufflers of your choice , remap and you are on your way without having to wait on aftermarket header pipes or drilling out the converter on your CVO. Any comments?
Yes, yes, and yes..
Domestic 49 state TC96 models have no cat; California, Export, and CVO110 models do have a cat.

Jerry

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Exhaust for 09 touring models
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 01:54:43 PM »

Separating you from your $, That seems to be the objective.

Drill, drill, drill....
The impossible just takes a little longer

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »

Ditto,,,Drill takes a half hour including clean up New header Pipe is approx. $500.00

jcd520

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 04:01:57 PM »

Headers from Rinehart, Samson or anybody else will cost at least that much also. Buy from Jenni and get 20% off and have HD product and you will have it now.

gascan

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »

i think soon you will see 2 into 1 Harley header pipe on ebay as people change them out so be patient
C:\Users\jeannine\Pictures\2008-06-03\027.JPG

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.