Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: V & H, Fullsac or Jackpot X-Pipes or True Duals????  (Read 10216 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
V & H, Fullsac or Jackpot X-Pipes or True Duals????
« on: November 26, 2010, 11:35:46 AM »

Obviously lots of comments out there on pipes. But here is what I'm wanting. Steady HP curves, Mid Range TG without dips in lower RPM range and a reasonably loud exhaust note.

I had a '03 Deuce with V & H Big Shot Staggereds and S & S 510 G cams (bolt-in). Great power but had big dip in torque curve down low. I loved the sound. Maybe a little too loud but it sounded great when you laid into the throttle. Kinda made you want to bump the limiter all the time. One heck of a ride.

With only 1000 miles on the 2011 SESG I'm definitely feeling that EPA Compliant exhasut.

Based on what I've seen the X-pipes do a good job of getting rid of the TQ dip but several people comment on the sound being a little softer than true duals.

X-Pipes or True Duals?
Pipe Muffler Combos?

How much louder over stock? (I'm looking for something that I can actually hear)

Thanks for your comments!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: V & H, Fullsac or Jackpot X-Pipes or True Duals????
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 11:48:40 AM »

Obviously lots of comments out there on pipes. But here is what I'm wanting. Steady HP curves, Mid Range TG without dips in lower RPM range and a reasonably loud exhaust note.

I had a '03 Deuce with V & H Big Shot Staggereds and S & S 510 G cams (bolt-in). Great power but had big dip in torque curve down low. I loved the sound. Maybe a little too loud but it sounded great when you laid into the throttle. Kinda made you want to bump the limiter all the time. One heck of a ride.

With only 1000 miles on the 2011 SESG I'm definitely feeling that EPA Compliant exhasut.

Based on what I've seen the X-pipes do a good job of getting rid of the TQ dip but several people comment on the sound being a little softer than true duals.

X-Pipes or True Duals?
Pipe Muffler Combos?

How much louder over stock? (I'm looking for something that I can actually hear)

Thanks for your comments!

Welcome to the site

I just looking into the same exhaust options for my SESG2. I went with the Fullsac X pipe and the 2" CVO baffles. I feel I got exactly what you listed as your wants. Steady HP. No Tq dip. Sounds like a Harley but not over the top.

Stock - 85 hp / 100 tq
Fullsac - 95 hp / 108 tq

See attached dyno. I'm happy with her for now. I seem to have a problem staying happy though. I happen to have two CR 575 cams....hmmmm.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=47553.msg793550#msg793550

Good luck on your mods. Enjoy the site. We can help you spend money all day long. Check out JCZ's thread on his SESG as an example.

JW

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »

Welcome to the site

I just looking into the same exhaust options for my SESG2. I went with the Fullsac X pipe and the 2" CVO baffles. I feel I got exactly what you listed as your wants. Steady HP. No Tq dip. Sounds like a Harley but not over the top.

Stock - 85 hp / 100 tq
Fullsac - 95 hp / 108 tq

See attached dyno. I'm happy with her for now. I seem to have a problem staying happy though. I happen to have two CR 575 cams....hmmmm.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=47553.msg793550#msg793550

Good luck on your mods. Enjoy the site. We can help you spend money all day long. Check out JCZ's thread on his SESG as an example.

JW

By 2" CVO Baffels are you referring to the Fullsac versions?
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »

By 2" CVO Baffels are you referring to the Fullsac versions?

Yep. I should have made that clear, sorry. My buddies got the 2.25 version on his SERG. Very similar in sound just a bit louder. Neither is as as loud as my BUB 7 TD or Rineharts by any means but they sound great with a low rumble. Just not as loud. JMO.

Quite a few members have gone this route as it is a great bang for the buck. Steve at Fullsac is great to work with.

JW

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:25 PM »

I've got the fullsac set up, and like it, but I don't think it's that loud-Black Diamonds description of the sound is bang on.

I'll bet the OP would be happy with the D&D Fat Cat 2-1, or the fullsac head pipe with the new 4" Rinehart mufflers- another level above the fullsac sound wise, I think.

Likely the true dual headpipe makes the best sounds, but everyone says you'll lose some low-mid torque.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

10SE5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
    • CVO2: non CVO 2007 FXDWG Scorpion Blue/Scorpion Silver 109hp/111tq
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:04:03 AM »

Fullsac X-Pipe and 2.0 baffles. Great cruising sound. 96 HP and 110 TQ. You will definately be happy. Make sure you get it dyno tuned. Well worth the money spent. Check with Doc for one that he has trained in your area.
Fullsac X-Pipe, 2.0 baffles, TTS. Dyno tuned by Dave at JD's Cycle works. 96 HP/110 TQ

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »

I'm pleased with my Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe and V&H Hi Out-Put mufflers.  Looks like there plenty of combinations out there that a person really can't go wrong with.   :2vrolijk_21:
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »

I'm pleased with my Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe and V&H Hi Out-Put mufflers.  Looks like there plenty of combinations out there that a person really can't go wrong with.   :2vrolijk_21:

The Jackpot pipes are 304 SS vs. the Fullsac that are mild steel with ceramic coating. How much difference is there with the heat on the right side? the stock catalyic seems to be preety hot.

Also, do the Jackpots or Fullsacs include a new crossunder pipe in lieu of the stock flattened ones?

PS: I wanted the Road Glide, my wife wanted the Street Glide. Wife Won!

Nice Scooter!

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »

I started to get true duals, but after research, didn't want the low-mid range torque loss either.  Ended up with the Fullsac x-pipe and 1.75" baffles.  The FS x went on like a charm and fit was perfect.  Also, I took notice of the fact that the workmanship was top notch. Plus, it sits under the stock heat shields, so to the man, it looks stock.  Same for the baffles. The crew at Fullsac is real easy to deal with, also.  Very helpful.  Fueling is being handled by a SEPST.

The cat is gone, plus the ceramic coating sends the heat with the exhaust flow, so heat is much, much less.  No new plumming for the crossover pipe w/ the Fullsac.  Steve said it didn't make much diff on the dyno when developing the x-pipe.

I know this is starting to sound like a commercial for Fullsac.  But I just can't say enough good about Steve and his crew.  Rare in this day and age.

Hope this helps, and laters...

Bobby
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »

The Jackpot pipes are 304 SS vs. the Fullsac that are mild steel with ceramic coating. How much difference is there with the heat on the right side? the stock catalyic seems to be preety hot.

Also, do the Jackpots or Fullsacs include a new crossunder pipe in lieu of the stock flattened ones?

Nice Scooter!

I can't give you a good answer on the heat with the Fullsac ceramic coated X pipe as the bike was tuned at the same time as the exhaust was installed. Overall, she runs cooler than before. A bit hotter than my 95" Candy Brandy but that's to be expected.

The kit includes a somewhat flatten cross-under pipe. I believe these systems work a lot like a 2- 1 system but retain the dual look. This is a win to me.

Another reason I went with the Fullsac exhaust was to keep the stock muffle bodies and end caps. This system has met my requirements for performance, sound and price.

I really like the Silver SERG's but the SESG2 is the way to go. Besides, you guys with wifes should be used to "Wife Won" .  :D  I wasn't very good at that game hence no longer have the wife. Just 3 CVO's.  :drink:

JW

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »

I can't give you a good answer on the heat with the Fullsac ceramic coated X pipe as the bike was tuned at the same time as the exhaust was installed. Overall, she runs cooler than before. A bit hotter than my 95" Candy Brandy but that's to be expected.

The kit includes a somewhat flatten cross-under pipe. I believe these systems work a lot like a 2- 1 system but retain the dual look. This is a win to me.

Another reason I went with the Fullsac exhaust was to keep the stock muffle bodies and end caps. This system has met my requirements for performance, sound and price.

I really like the Silver SERG's but the SESG2 is the way to go. Besides, you guys with wifes should be used to "Wife Won" .  :D  I wasn't very good at that game hence no longer have the wife. Just 3 CVO's.  :drink:

JW
Okay, I think you've all got leaning towards the Fullsac x-pipes over true duals. Anywhere I read on the web Fullsac keeps showing up with very positve comments. That includes the HDForum site that talks more about Jackpots. Sounds like a good company with a little more RD effort.

Now the question is what mufflers. Many talk about the Fullsac 2" baffles but I'm a little afraid of tearing up the stock ones. Plus I'm not to concerned about the cost savings as I already have a ton invested in this ride. I was extremely happy with the quality of the V&H's I had on my '03 Deuce. I'm considering the V&H High Outputs. Given a choice I prefer a louder pipe over a quiter pipe.

Thoughts??

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »

Okay, I think you've all got leaning towards the Fullsac x-pipes over true duals. Anywhere I read on the web Fullsac keeps showing up with very positve comments. That includes the HDForum site that talks more about Jackpots. Sounds like a good company with a little more RD effort.

Now the question is what mufflers. Many talk about the Fullsac 2" baffles but I'm a little afraid of tearing up the stock ones. Plus I'm not to concerned about the cost savings as I already have a ton invested in this ride. I was extremely happy with the quality of the V&H's I had on my '03 Deuce. I'm considering the V&H High Outputs. Given a choice I prefer a louder pipe over a quiter pipe.

Thoughts??

Once again, check out the sound clips for the 4" Rineharts- bet you you'll like.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »

Given a choice I prefer a louder pipe over a quiter pipe.

Thoughts??

I would look for something other than the Fullsac CVO baffles in your case. V&H are always a good choice.

Once again, check out the sound clips for the 4" Rineharts- bet you you'll like.

Nothing beats the sound of Rineharts! I'd give em a look.

JW

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

Just my 2cents. I bought a catless headpipe from site member. Added Fullsac 2.25" baffles to OEM mufflers,(because liked the looks of OEM cans and end caps). Went the less money route 1st, with the idea that I could always change baffles, or different slipons or anything I didn't like later. Happy with the results with amount of money spent. The only point I want to make is, (this is opinion) the 2.25" are not as loud as I thought they would be from all the posts I had read before purchase. We did leave OEM packing in cans when Fullsac baffles were installed. They sound great at idle and WOT and I can hear XM at freeway speeds. My old RKC with Rush slipons are way louder and I did not think they were too loud.
If money was no issue I probably would have went with the X pipes to try the ceramic coating and would probably use D and D Fat slipons.
Tons of different combinations of choices, all good products, just depends what you want. You can always change, sell your used pipes on this forum.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »

Nice Scooter!

With the Jackpot headpipe the heat issue has been eliminated.  I went up to Fuel Moto's shop to look at the pipe before I ordered it.  Its a quality built head pipe in my opinion. I think retuning the bike on the dyno had just as much with cooling the bike down as eliminating the cat.  Fuel Moto does not supply a different crossunder pipe, that stock crossunder pipe looks kinda lame.  I wish it was a full rounded pipe. 

I really like the sound and tone of the V&H Hi Output pipes on my Glide.  Nice strong mellow tone at the lower rpms and .she really barks when you get on it.  Not as loud as the V&H Long Shots on my Heritage.  But, I'm almost Fifty now.....and starting to mellow out... 8)

Can't blame your wife for choosing a Street Glide.........that was my first choice  :2vrolijk_21:!!....till my girlfriend had me sit on a orange RG.. :orange:

This forum is a wealth knowledge and has a lot of good insight.

09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »

Fullsac X-Pipe, 1.75 pwr. cores, Big Sucker A/C & TTS
99.93 HP & 113.42 TQ
60 MPH- 44 MPG
70 MPH- 38 MPG
**GET IT TUNED WHEN DONE TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SETUP **
Happy with the results.
Good luck with your quest.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 09:25:20 PM »

Hey Roadking - Who did you have do your tune?
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 24 queries.