Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Removing Baffles from Stock Exhaust ?  (Read 5669 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Removing Baffles from Stock Exhaust ?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 02:46:38 PM »

There was someone on this site that installed Rienharts and was not happy with them due to being 'too loud'.  That and the rear pipe mounting tab breaking off (which has alledgely  been fixed w/ the new model).....I think everyone else that I've ever heard from that installed them were extremely satisfied.....I know I've been.  A tad expensive, but isn't everything ????  Looks good, performs good, and sounds great!  :D har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 04:29:21 PM »

Well if anyone knows of a set for sell that are nice and clean I could be a prospect ...

Dude
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

On my RK I had Rineharts  no problem I loved them, Performance wise I don't think you will find a better exhaust.......When I got my cuse I knew right off the bat what I wanted to put on it Rineharts which I did and boy that 103 engine is a whole lot louder than an 88.... or maybe I'm getting older but I could not hear the radio at all... (I even tried the Quite Baffle) But what a kick in the A$$ it made,  But just too L-O-U-D for me so I op for the Dresser Duels and the SE 65115-98B with the SERT.  They are not too quit and not too loud just right for me but there is most definitely a HP difference, No Question about it.
Bubba
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 06:01:13 PM »

On my RK I had Rineharts  no problem I loved them, Performance wise I don't think you will find a better exhaust.......When I got my cuse I knew right off the bat what I wanted to put on it Rineharts which I did and boy that 103 engine is a whole lot louder than an 88.... or [highlight]maybe I'm getting older but I could not hear the radio at all...[/highlight] (I even tried the Quite Baffle) But what a kick in the A$$ it made,  But just too L-O-U-D for me so I op for the Dresser Duels and the SE 65115-98B with the SERT.  They are not too quit and not too loud just right for me but there is most definitely a HP difference, No Question about it.
Bubba
Dang....Bubba.  You don't know what getting old is...........I'm having trouble hearing my tunes while wearing this full-faced helmet.  It's nice and 'toasty' in the winter time, but hard to hear while on (with or without the Reinharts).  :o har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »

Guys give me your opinion in regards to removing the baffles from the stock mufflers on an 03 RKSE ... this bike has the SE racing tuner kit but the bike just sounds to mild ... if I remove the baffles will it screw up the tuning on the bike and what is your experience as to how it will run and sound?

Thank you
Dude
Dude,
I removed the baffles on a 05 1200 sportser with a 1 7/8" hole saw. You can bearly tell that they were ever in there. They look and sound like the Screamin Eagle slipons for that bike. I am sure a expensive pair of slipons might get a few more horses but my wife isn't using the power available.
In the sportster case it leaned it a little, but in your case it would probably work better with the tune than stock.
Mikey
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.