Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Why the chrome backplate from the air cleaner?  (Read 6281 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Why the chrome backplate from the air cleaner?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 08:49:27 PM »

Get a Doherty Power Pac.........none better (as far as performance), and the fit and finish is perfect.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »

Even though I'm not running one now. I had one on my first 03 SERK and Beags is tellin it to you straight Dudes. Best $300 you ever spent. Bar none !!!!

B B

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Yea, I'm going to go with the powerpacc, there have been several magazines, stating big hp increases for just an air cleaner.

http://www.dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=4afe983db6e07e2f803d652745a71f52

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »

Yea, I'm going to go with the powerpacc, there have been several magazines, stating big hp increases for just an air cleaner.

http://www.dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=4afe983db6e07e2f803d652745a71f52

I've heard only good things about this. I bought the PP set up for an S&S Teardrop A/C cover with the Power Vents. I'm using V&H TD's w/S&S SPO mufflers and Power Commander. If it ever gets nice again here, I'll actually get them installed and tuned! What are you doing for exhaust and ECM mod? Good luck with your mods Talon! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »

Just starting, waited for warranty to end, that's next month! Like I said somewhere else, I'd like to be at about 100hp and 100 ft.lb of torque. And also add some eye candy!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »

Just starting, waited for warranty to end, that's next month! Like I said somewhere else, I'd like to be at about 100hp and 100 ft.lb of torque. And also add some eye candy!!!

Let's hear how it turns out. Are you doing cams also? I was going to wait until W.....ty was up, but gave up on that the day I got the bike! I decided to do it out of the box! FT W.....ty! I'll fight with them about that if I have to. My bike running right comes first! Have fun with your work! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 10:21:41 PM »

My buddy bought this for his cvo ultra. Was in hopes for the magical hp gains. His dyno results did not show any higher #'s than with the Arlen Ness backing plate. And it pukes out oil blow by all the time! I was looking into it after reading all the hype. After seeing his results & mess I'm not impressed! Alot of extra ca$h for the secret little built in velocity stack w/ no major gains.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 04:51:32 PM »

To show the original poster why most of us go chrome for the backplate.
Here is a shot of the Arlen Ness Big Sucker setup on my bike.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »

The camera shots are really good Va! Good details from that new camers. Nice shots of the SPO's!.

Mark, is your friend using the power vents with the power pacc? I got mine specifically so I can run an S&S teardrop A/C cover. Now, I hear, S&S makes their own for the Delphi FI. It figures.  I've heard good things about the Doherty units. I'm concerned with this oil blowby puke thing! :o Does it happen with the power vents too? Anyone else having this issue? Terry, Brian, any oil puking going on with you guys or other PP users? Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

The camera shots are really good Va! Good details from that new camers. Nice shots of the SPO's!.

Mark, is your friend using the power vents with the power pacc? I got mine specifically so I can run an S&S teardrop A/C cover. Now, I hear, S&S makes their own for the Delphi FI. It figures.  I've heard good things about the Doherty units. I'm concerned with this oil blowby puke thing! :o Does it happen with the power vents too? Anyone else having this issue? Terry, Brian, any oil puking going on with you guys or other PP users? Hoist! 8)

None with mine, Hoist.  I'm not sure if anything you use would not puke some if they are vented to the atmosphere and not back into the backplate.  The PP's are plumbed up with clear tubing and 90 degree fittings.  I've had no issue with excess oil in the tubes or breather.  There is simply no way that the Doherty unit can let MORE oil mist out of the crankcase than the stock unit, or the SE unit.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »

None with mine, Hoist.  I'm not sure if anything you use would not puke some if they are vented to the atmosphere and not back into the backplate.  The PP's are plumbed up with clear tubing and 90 degree fittings.  I've had no issue with excess oil in the tubes or breather.  There is simply no way that the Doherty unit can let MORE oil mist out of the crankcase than the stock unit, or the SE unit.

Thanks Terry, that's the way it appears with their design, especially with the power vents. They're supposed to help control crankcase pressure as well as venting. I was hoping Mark's buddy either didn't use the power vents or didn't do the plumbing right. I'll find out soon enough, I guess. Hoist! 8)

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

Not to dig up old posts but I now have the chrome backplate under a K&N filter. Does look nice!
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »

Is there a HP advantage or for looks?

just for looks

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 11:39:07 PM »

Not so...

Chrome ALWAYS goes faster!!! :2vrolijk_21:

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2007, 08:37:54 PM »

Chrome may not be faster but it sure looks nicer. One thing it does though, it makes your money go faster. :'(
WOODY
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.