Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: REPLACEMENT THROTTLE BODIES  (Read 12617 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: REPLACEMENT THROTTLE BODIES
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »

Prolly several polls to be had.

Brands

Sizes

Such as Zippers, HorsePower Inc, Kuryakin, BC Gerolomy, S&S
Both S&S and BC Gerolomy are dual runners

Zippers, HorsePower Inc, and Kuryakin are single runners

sizing Zippers 50, 54
Sizing hpinc  49, 51, 53, 56
Kuryakin I only know of 57 mm
Harley 50 mm upgrade from 43mm stock

With or without cruise etc.

Custom throttlebody work by people such as

Wes Brown Cycle Rama  takes  43mm to 48 mm and I am sure does others since there is a 50 out now by

Sorry just random ideas you figure out the polls :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 12:17:24 AM »

Dawg,

I think the 07 SE bikes are 46mm, but really havent checked into it to be certain.

I know 04 was 43mm and so was 05.

I think the StreetGlides went to a 50mm not sure about the Fatboys  and the 06 CUSE though.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hogasm

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 11:40:41 AM »

Harry, Kathy's Street Glide has a 50mm tb. When we did her motor I was careful not to build it too much as to exceed the 50's ability. Did that sound right [smiley=nixweiss.gif] any way she did not want too much power.

My motor has all the internal goodies.
Horsepower Inc. 56mm
T-man head work done to stock silver heads
T-man 650 cam
Bearing upgrade in case
forged crank
porged 10:1 pistons
roller rockers
adj. push rods
Baker DD-6 trans which has a 28 tooth comp sprocket. Tried to get a 26 tooth but not available.
The motor now has 7500 miles on it since Sturgis. No problems internally. Can't seem to keep the adj. on the cruise control correct. Drives me nuts. Will engage but surges initially to about 4-5 mph faster.
Dyno by John Golden.
35-38 mpg.
Wanted the motor to be reliable so it was built to what T-man called a mild build.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 01:58:02 PM »

Brian,

Get rid of the 56mm throttle body.   Get the 53 it will be plenty for your build.  2ndly is the 10 to 1 the corrected compression? If not what is the corrected compression.   What is the cranking compression as well since your asking questions its good to know at the start incase you have problems you can then compare the cranking compressions, its useful when in conjunction with a leak down test.

Any idea what the heads will flow at 10 inches with the horsepower inc manifold this is something T-Man should do for you it will get you true flow numbers on your head :)

Did you change out the lifters if so which did you end up with and did you put in a schim or go with a fueling oil pump?

Which forged pistons did you put in Flat Tops or "other" and by who ?

Have you reset the lashing on the Cruise Control its really easy to do and it should then take care of the problem once and for all.   When your doing the lashing you have to wait for the bike to do the surge portion of the idling with the buttons pressed or it is not making any adjustments.

When I had the stock motor put back in the roadking they didnt set it so I had the same issue your having and all I had to do was walk thorugh the lashing setting and wah la it worked again.

Call me if you need a walk through on it its in the Tech Manuals.

-harry

hogasm

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 07:50:07 PM »

Harry when I get back home from Thanksgiving, I will look for the paperwork on the motor. I am not positive on the exact numbers for compression, will also look up the flow on the heads.   I did use fueling lifters and oil pump. Get back to you Sunday night.

Hogasm

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 09:58:10 PM »

Brian

I'm a firm believer in leading by example.

When Hubbard or anyone passes me I take notice as to what type, style, size criteria and installation methods and procedures were used to go past me.
Criticism of component selection is only valid when critcism has passed me and all I see is their tail lights. Until then it's just B/S.
That a fine SEEG you have!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »

dOOd

Would like to respond to your poll but you left a few sizes out!

and a few others!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 10:30:31 PM »

dOOd

Would like to respond to your poll but you left a few sizes out!

and a few others!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I was just asked to create the poll w/information given (see this post). I did add one other question that was asked in a previous post in that thread prior to me creating the poll. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 06:46:27 AM »

I was just asked to create the poll w/information given (see this post). I did add one other question that was asked in a previous post in that thread prior to me creating the poll. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

OK
Then maybe an addition to the poll of,

None of the above  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

hogasm

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 06:08:52 PM »

Brian

I'm a firm believer in leading by example.

When Hubbard or anyone passes me I take notice as to what type, style, size criteria and installation methods and procedures were used to go past me.
Criticism of component selection is only valid when critcism has passed me and all I see is their tail lights. Until then it's just B/S.
That a fine SEEG you have!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Chip,  I too believe in leading by example. I also believe that by blowing off someone else's door might make me feel like the big man or something, but what is the point in doing this. What most of us here are trying to accomplish is making our scoot run the way we are comfortable with it. Some want to go 200mph, some want to beat the next guy to the next light, and some want their bike to have lots of power and be reliable. Big B wanted to know how reliable some of our motors were after having major work done to them. I replied with a small list of parts that I put into my scoot. I am now going to change TB's to a 53. The 56 is too large for what I am trying to accomplish with my build. I talked to T-Man about going to a 53, he agreed with Harry, I will probably loose a few HP. and gain torque. This is what I wanted to do in the first place. I don't care too much about #'s as long as the bike is comfortable to me.
I understand what you are saying about when someone passes me I take notice. This is great. But the first time the police man is around the next corner and nails that persons azz will that person still think it was worth it? Guess that is up to the person. I love speed as much, if not more than the next person, but I don't have to show my willie to prove it.
Let me paraphrase what I just said. It is not my intentions to belittle anyones opinion, I just think that everyone has a goal for their scoot. I believe there are many on this board that have built far more motors than I have and just because they did not show their wheaties doesn't meen they don't know what they are talking about. I take everyones information and compile it and see if it is right for my application.
I think this board is a great avenue for information and there are many here that have tried different combinations with motors over the years and it is those that I listen too the most.
just my .02 worth

Hogasm

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 06:41:19 PM »

Chip,
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:44:42 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 08:02:13 PM »

I can't believe I'm reading this...........Brian,  my brother.......I Love You!!!, would do anything for you......and in the past been in positions to die for you (willingly).  I know you (as well as anyone else.......including your bride {well,  at least when it comes to bike stuff....and where your going with it}),  and when you bought this RG,  You said it was going to be a stock bike.........pipes,  breather,  SERT.

Now you want to get a few more ponnies (I knew that was coming, regardless of what you said).......but when you start talking about Dave Mackie heads and cams..........I remember your black road king......with the GIANT chrome Delorto hanging off the side.......and trying to run you down on my 80' softail.  I also remember that you always made that bike run like hell,  but a moment of reality here please..............Wasn't this supposed to be the reliable bike for LONG road trips??????Park Elvis and just ride it around town (for 30-40 years...........then leave it to me when you go!!!!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif])??????

IMHO,  we have had enough trouble on the road in the past (and I don't give a sh$t who built it.....a maximum effort motor can and WILL break......usually at the worst possible time),  and Death Valley Freakin' SUCKS!  Suzy may not be around next time to dump a 2L bottle of water on you to keep you alive (if you break in the desert).

Brother,  your in a different piece of real estate these days,  if you broke back home..........next town is not too far away (or at least someone would stop.......out here,  you have a heart attack in the street in down town San Diego........they roll you in the gutter and mumble to each other that you don't look good and may not make it).

Point is, keep it Reasonable.........Dependable.......Strong.

L&R Forever Brother,

Matt
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 08:18:05 PM »

Is Elvis dependable ? Did I not ride the big E ocean to ocean without mechanical failure ? I do not aspire to anything more than what I already have brother. Fear not.

B B

PS
    I carry a cell and my own supply of water these days  8-)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »

OK.......
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:40 PM »

Brian,

[highlight]Get rid of the 56mm throttle body.   Get the 53 it will be plenty for your build.[/highlight]
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.