Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Size of Hole for Bungs  (Read 1747 times)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Size of Hole for Bungs
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:43 AM »

John,

I have a set of Freedom Cycle True Duals with no holes for the sensor bungs.

What size holes should I have drilled and Tapped for your sensors?

Also, besides being 4" back from the header, ideally where should the sensor bungs be oriented on the pipes?

Also what is the price for the most recent set up. Presntly using an HD SERT c/w with custom map.

Engine is JIMs 120 reworked SBC Vortec Heads, S&S 640 G Cams, rest engine stock, V&H Pro Pipe, soon to change to the Freedom Cycle True Duals which I already have, no bungs. HD 6 Speed.

Tune & Dyno last June, 131 HP and 134 ft. lbs. TQ, have over 10,000 mile since, runs great in city and highway, gets 45 - 48 mpg.

I am using the Kurayakyn 57 mm TB c/w 6.33 injectors. THE DAWG (DCFIREMAN) commented that you use your 54 mm TB as the max size for mapping, he was going to check re usage with the 57 MM TB.

Thanks,

geezerglide

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
Re: Size of Hole for Bungs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:03:23 AM »

Geez,

Since your build uses different parts from what we use on the 120's, please be advised that installing this system won't be a simple "plug and play" as most have seen.  The throttle body and injectors used are the biggest factors in my reason for stating this.  

Are you planning on having this system set up by a tuner with a load control dyno?  Is your original SERT tuner still available?  Economically, it may make more sense to stay with the SERT and have it re-tuned if all you're doing is a pipe swap.  Not to say it can't be done, though.

Thanks, JK

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:20:52 AM »

JK,

From what DCFIREMAN stated, I know that your MAP was done with your 54 mm TB, not know what size injectors you had used for your MAP.

My tuner Lee Uhrich of JARZ Performance has the Dyno Jet Model 250, is this dyno considered aload control dyno? And, yes I/we stll have the custom SERT MAP for my engine combo. It was always my intention to have retune and dyno when I install the Freedom Cycle True Duals. If I coukd not figure a way to try your system.

Will you guys be in Sturgis in August? By then I should have the true duals installed and tuned. Will you be at Arizona Bike Week begining of April? I may be down for that event.

However, am still interested to where one would orient the openings for bungs in the pipes and what size opening to drill and have tapped, for now would just plug the bunks.

I really appreciate your candid suggestions in it being economical to keep my present SERT set up.

Thanks again,

geezerglide
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:21:28 AM by geezerglide »

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »

We sell threaded hex bungs with a .750" machined shoulder on them, and they include caps for $9.95 each (# 272-200).  Locate them where the sensor will be easiest to get to, most asthetically pleasing (hidden), 4-6" from the head.  Thanks, JK

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:41:34 PM »

JK,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it knowing how busy you are.

geezerglide

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.