Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 113

Author Topic: Harley 117 Kit  (Read 467341 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
Re: Harley 117 Kit
« Reply #1575 on: August 20, 2019, 12:26:54 AM »

Well good news finally, got a call on Friday as I was heading back from South Dakota that the 117" is here. Now I have to wait to get it installed.
They can't get it into the shop until 28 Aug so I am thinking I might just wait until after Labor Day to have it done.

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1576 on: August 20, 2019, 07:37:45 AM »

if thinking of going 117 out of a 110,its a no brainer to just go 124",then no worries about the junk OEM flywheel.we have a 124" special for 3595.00 right now (inc S&S 4.625 FW,S&S 4.125 cyl/piston kit,TIMKEN conversion & all machining to your cases)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1577 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:17 AM »

Well the time is almost here. After my VA appointment on Wednesday morning I'll be dropping the bike off that afternoon at the dealership to get the 117" kit installed along with the new exhaust then hopefully will be picking it up Saturday afternoon. Then when I get back home next week I'll have some Custom Dynamics lights to install. UPS doesn't deliver in my area until late in the afternoon and I have a doctors appointment Tuesday afternoon so by the time I get home it'll be to late to try and get stuff done.

Can't wait to see what the bike is like after the engine kit is installed. I know it isn't going to be GREAT until I do some other work to it but I'm still lookin forward to having it on the bike. I doubt I'll get any of the other engine work done this coming winter but I am planning on yankin the heads off next winter to have head work done and maybe even have the jugs cut down to bring me to a 10.5-8 compression ratio. I don't know if the HD dealer that is doing the install has a dyno or not. If not then before next winter I'll take it to a shop that I know does and have them get some numbers so I have something to compare it with.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1578 on: September 05, 2019, 01:22:54 AM »

Dropped the bike of at the dealer this afternoon and got some questions answered in the process.

They are going to do the engine break in on the dyno which makes me feel better. So I'll be able to go when I pick the bike up. Gave them a list of things to look at also as far as issues under warranty. Should be getting the bike back Saturday so once I get it back I'll post up what I think of the new power. I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1579 on: September 08, 2019, 06:31:27 PM »

So I picked the bike up on Saturday afternoon and the 117" kit had been installed and the engine tuned along with a 30 minute dyno breakin run. Then the 10K service was done after this so I was able to pick the bike up and have some fun with it. Now LET ME SAY THIS NOW.!!I knew before hand that this wasn't going to produce tons of power compared to some other builds but I wasn't trying to do any bench racing with the guys at the local bar. Giving I was handicapped with the SESPT I knew I wasn't going to see some of the numbers others have posted.Others have spoken their thoughts on the V&H Power Duals. I've read a ton of great reviews about them so I am not sure why the stick up the butt. Might not be the BEST 2.1.2 exhaust but it will work for now. While I hate to buy parts twice I'll deal with it when the time comes. Overall I am more than pleased with how it turned out and couldn't be happier as I now have a good base to build off of. Yes there are things that need to be changed and when the time comes I will change them but I got to ride it about 150 miles so far after picking it up and it's fun to ride.

*58Vette

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond w/Crimson Tag Graphics
« Reply #1580 on: September 08, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »

Did they give you the SAE numbers?  This one looks like it says STD at the top.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #1581 on: September 08, 2019, 09:29:43 PM »

that is a huge dip in your trq. curve!!! I would get it to a real tuner ASAP, my thoughts are your going to melt it down.... im not a pro, just my 2 cents
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1582 on: September 09, 2019, 12:15:03 AM »

Did they give you the SAE numbers?  This one looks like it says STD at the top.

No this was the only sheet they gave me.

that is a huge dip in your trq. curve!!! I would get it to a real tuner ASAP, my thoughts are your going to melt it down.... im not a pro, just my 2 cents

I didn't get a chance to talk with the dyno operator so I can't say 100% what is going on. The service writer was telling me this was the best that they could do with the SESPT and the exhaust I have. Not sure what can be done with the SE stuff at this point but it doesn't feel as bad as the sheet would say it should.
I'll check around and see if I can find someone else who can take a look at it.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1583 on: September 10, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »

You like it, that's the important part. You are a country mile off on the tune. The pipe is fine, actually good if the mufflers aren't too big, not sure what they are. There is lots more in there. Even with the tune and baffles squared away the torque would jump higher and faster and have a lot more under the curve.
My point is for the benefit of others, not meant as any put down or discredit to anyone. Canned maps with tuners that are limited (epa) dont provide the best results, especially when the pipe is not the exact match that the download was intended for.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:30:29 AM by HD Street Performance »

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1584 on: September 11, 2019, 10:25:34 AM »

You like it, that's the important part. You are a country mile off on the tune. The pipe is fine, actually good if the mufflers aren't too big, not sure what they are. There is lots more in there. Even with the tune and baffles squared away the torque would jump higher and faster and have a lot more under the curve.
My point is for the benefit of others, not meant as any put down or discredit to anyone. Canned maps with tuners that are limited (epa) dont provide the best results, especially when the pipe is not the exact match that the download was intended for.

Thanks HD,
I'll be coming to visit you at some point for headwork and for you to cut my jugs to bump the compression.

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #1585 on: September 12, 2019, 07:43:29 PM »

Glad you did it and are enjoying it.  I love my RGU with the 117 and TTS mastertune.  Most fun Harley I ever owned.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1586 on: September 13, 2019, 10:36:07 AM »

Glad you did it and are enjoying it.  I love my RGU with the 117 and TTS mastertune.  Most fun Harley I ever owned.

Love that stripped look. It's on my To DO List...….

Been talking with Khrome Werks about their mufflers and going to try out a different sent of baffles. If that doesn't help then I guess I'll have to go to some different slip ons or recore my stock ones.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1587 on: September 13, 2019, 10:40:03 AM »

Recore yours, Fullsack 2 1/4 would be ideal.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #1588 on: September 13, 2019, 06:47:18 PM »

Recore yours, Fullsack 2 1/4 would be ideal.

I get that Fullsack is it but I was wanting black exhaust instead of chrome. So I am hoping these new baffles from Khrome Werks will help. If not then I wasted a ton of cash on a exhaust.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1589 on: September 14, 2019, 12:36:33 PM »

Hope so too. Good luck with it.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 113

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.