Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: am I doing somethin wrong or what???? tssm security system  (Read 1403 times)

Rdump

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

am I doing somethin wrong or what???? tssm security system
« on: July 20, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »

I have a 2002 fxdwg3 that I just bought, and the saleslady told me it didn't have a security system on it, but it came with a key fob with a button.  I did some research and by going into the setup system, as far as I can tell, I have a tssm system.  I replaced the battery, married the fob to the system again, and it is picking up the fob, but that's all it will do.  it wont arm or anything.  any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:05:50 PM by Rdump »

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
Re: am I doing somethin wrong or what????
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »

maybe you didn't hold the button in for a few seconds 3-5 that will arm the system push button quickly 2 times will disarm that's how they work up until 06 

Rdump

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Re: am I doing somethin wrong or what????
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »

tried everything.  held it, tapped it, remarried it, new battery, just don't want to work. It did do the blink thing when I married it to the system though

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: am I doing somethin wrong or what???? tssm security system
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »

The Switchblades got the alarm system stock.  TSSM must be there or the fob wouldn't have anything to pair to.  You're seeing it pair so it must be there (I'm rhyming today for some reason).

It might not chirp.  The sounder module's little 9v battery could be dead.

Look at the speedometer.  Hold the fob button in for a few seconds.  You should see lights on the bike flash and the alarm indicator in the speedo start blinking.

Actually.... come to think of it, I don't remember if those bikes had the alarm indicator in the speedo.  Not 100% sure as it's been awhile.  So hold in the fob button, watch for any response from the bike then stand the bike up and try to start it.  Does it start or not?

If you're really unsure of whether the bike has the alarm module it's easy enough to take see.  Look inside the electrical cover.  The TSSM module is a part number 68922-00.  The -00 will likely have some letter suffix at the end.  If it does don't worry.  It's still a TSSM.  If it's been swapped at sometime in its life for just a TSM the prefix number will be something other than 68922.

If there's a mating error between the TSSM and the ECM that is keep the system from working the bike should let you know that as well.  Just turn on the ignition switch.  If the signals flash several times immediately upon turning on the ignition switch that's the tell-tale for a TSSM or TSM error.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.