Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2013 CVO Road Glide-Intermittent Radio Problems  (Read 20001 times)

Jwhite

Re: 2013 CVO Road Glide-Intermittent Radio Problems
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »

I have a 2013 cvo road glide (orange and grey). It has been in the shop a little over a month all together because of the speakers going on and off whenever the volume is up past halfway. It is so bad you can't even listen to it. It is especially bad on cd and iPod with any song that might have bass in it. Head unit, amps and some bad wiring have been replaced with no help. No one knows what to do. Harley technical service is no help.  The service rep says he won't let this bike be the first he could not fix. It's been a month. How much time does he need??? The dealership has told me a few times that it is fixed but I take it right back.  I bought this bike in part because of the stereo.  I told them they will more than likely have to pull every wire and find a short. I guess that is their next step.  I'll see what happens next time they tell me to come get it. It was a long ride from sturgis to Dallas with no music.  Maybe should have bought a Honda. That was a joke.  Nothing rides like this cvo thou with or without music.

Thundercloud

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »

Add me to the list!!!!!  Mine just started doing the same thing. Left rear saddle bag speaker starts popping. And I agree we shouldnt be having these issues on a 35k bike. Or at least the MOCO should stand behind there bikes instead of trying to figure out ways to screw us over for being loyal customers.  This is my 5th new HD since 2004 and 2nd CVO, so I've spent a little money with them.

Just may have to switch brands if they are going to treat me like this. We buy 35k motrocycles and then have to spend $$$$$$ more to make them run right and cool down properly, and then change seats and bars to make them comfortable, and then replace the audio systems.  I could go out and buy a Goldwing and not have to do a damn thing to it but ride the piss out of it.

Im headed to my dealer this morning to complain about my speaker, I'm sure to only hear them say that they haven't heard about this problem and they will need me to leave it so they can have it for a week or so and then claim they couldn't reproduce the problem.  That song and dance is getting very old!!!!!!!!!

Jwhite

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »

Motorcycles also have lemon laws. I guess that is my next step. What else can you do when the dealership where  you bought the bike says they can't fix it.  What a huge pain in the ass.  Nothing worse than giving an attorney money for something like this. 

Thundercloud

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 06:21:26 PM »

Update!!

Went to my dealer yesterday, and just as I figured they claim they hadn't heard anything about this issue. And until it actually fails there isn't much they can do. Seriously considering selling this and buying a Goldwing.  So tired of HD's bull$hit!!!!!

Jwhite

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 12:57:14 AM »

Harley dealer called me back and said if I turned the treble and bass off or almost off it solves the problem. Case was then closed. No explanation why when it was new it didn't do it verses why when 6 months went by it started.  Stock speakers are low quality is what dealer told me. When they sell you this $36000 motorcycle they fail to mention it.

Bellablue

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SK

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »

I just took my new 2013 Road King CVO on its 1st real trip / 4000m in 7 days
stereo was pounding and rocking the first 4 days, was awesome. then out of the blue it starts cutting in / out.
what the hell, did that for the last 3 days home/ drove me crazy.
has there been any fixes or developments in this? and is there anyone else I Canada having the same trouble?

thanks

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »

Motorcycles also have lemon laws. I guess that is my next step. What else can you do when the dealership where  you bought the bike says they can't fix it.  What a huge pain in the ass.  Nothing worse than giving an attorney money for something like this.

If you live in a state where motorcycles are covered by the lemon law, some states don't, then you do not have to pay for a lawyer its free to you. The state takes care of it for you. Every state has there own law so you will have to look yours up. Advise to the knowing, follow your lemon law to the letter. Miss one step and your back to square one.

Even if your state does not cover bikes you may have to sue under the federal warranty act. You will need to contact a lawyer but it still may be free, check it out.

Jim@hdbomm
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:42:42 AM by bissjim »
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »

When you guys say your speakers cuts out, do you mean that there is no sound?  I am having an issue with a short blast of static like an AM radio between stations. It only last for a couple of seconds and it is back to normal.  It happens when I am using the iPod setting on the HK sound system.  I almost always listen to the iPod.  I have a 2012 SESG.  Any thoughts?
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

Imbuilt2ride

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »

Yes it is an issue!!!  My 2012 CVO RG has been to 3 different dealerships for a total of 7 times.  They replaced the radio twice the amp and the speakers and still nothing fixes it.  I road it for 8 months with no problem then all of a sudden the right speaker keeps cutting out at cruising speed with volume over half way up.  I was able to turn a song that was recorded at a lower volume up all the way and it never cut out.  So it seems to be a level of sound that cuts it out while riding.  Harley still is waiting for me to bring it back again for the 8th time to see if they can fix it!!!!

Gerry Roth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

Has therebeen any update on the Intermittent problem?  Any fixes out ter forit that are recommended? What after marketparts could I put on to fix this issue?
I've had the bike into Harley they cant fix it at least the admitted to me tere was problem,but Tech told tem it was in all the spec ranges and not to do anyting.
Just got off te phomewit customer service and they told me it wasworking likeit'ssuppose to and everything is in range. So nobody is going to fix the problem orgive you any kind of help with it.  So what do you do from here?

GMONEY

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »

...Yep, it's a known issue.  Amps overheat & cheap MTX speakers can't handle the load & cut out. I've had a few replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
\_/ Chicks Dig Ape Hangers \_/
IronButt Assoc. #27301
Long Range Riding Platoon

Gerry Roth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 12:56:39 PM »

So I need to replace the amps and the speakers iswhat you telling me?  Any recommendations on type that can handle the load and eliminate this issue?

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 05:23:28 PM »

So I need to replace the amps and the speakers iswhat you telling me?  Any recommendations on type that can handle the load and eliminate this issue?
See post # 11
T-MAN 117 kit

RLB

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »

You can add me to the list also as my 2013 SERG saddlebag speakers are cutting in and out and crackling really bad. More so when I'm riding it, especially around 1800 - 2400 RPM. Mine is going back to the dealer for the second time next week. I will seek legal action also if they don't get this fixed soon. Bike is not quite a year old yet! Come on Harley stand behind your product, especially the amount of money these bikes cost us!
2007 SERK, Razor Red, Super Trapp SE mufflers, SERT, Lenale engine fan, Legends air suspension, Billet license plate frame, Dragonfly fairing, Kenwood stereo, Kenwood 6x9's, Sirius sat radio, 12V plug, Klock Werks flare windshield, Chrome fairing trim, H.D. stereo hand controls, Marlin's clock fork lock cover, Spot lights / turn signal relocation, Highway pegs, Passenger floor boards, Detachable tour pak. Coming soon: Baker plus 1 oil pan, Painted hard bags, Unicea taillight / turn signal combo.

harley0369

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »

Not willing to hagle with harley over this, installed an alpine KTP-445u amp and 7.25 JM Speakers up front, sounds great and a releatively inexpensive fix, 350.00 total in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.