Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2013 CVO Road Glide-Intermittent Radio Problems  (Read 20111 times)

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 2013 CVO Road Glide-Intermittent Radio Problems
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »

I've had this issue for over a year now.  Bike has been in and out of the shop way too many times for this.  It has had speakers replaced and many of hours of troubleshooting to still have the issue.  Upon my own, I've found the speakers are 1 ohm.  And as everyone has already stated, the amp and speakers are junk.  So I'm planning to replace all amps and speakers starting with the front fairing first since this is the typical spot that's causing the most issue.  Taking it in to the dealer is only going to prevent me from riding and essentially waste my time with it being in the shop.

DYHARD1234

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 12:44:07 AM »

Hello everyone. I've been reading all of your posts, I'm really not too happy on what I've been reading! I have a 2013 road glide cvo. I bought it brand new approx 2 years ago. 7 months into owning my bike, my speakers on my sound system started clipping, one speaker on, one speaker on, left to right and so forth. I dropped it off to the dealership and told them the problems. Well they kept my bike for 2 wks for them to call me and tell me to come pick up my bike and that it was fixed. Excited as I was to get my bike back, I rushed out and picked up my bike. I entered the freeway and turned up my stereo and what do you know, the same issue. I didn't even turn around, I wanted to ride my bike. I rode it for another 4 months and got tired of the bluetooth helmet I purchased to have music while I ride on my road trips. I have now brought my bike to another dealership because I didn't have faith in the last one to find myself back and forth to this other dealership 3 more times and still my speakers are still cutting out. They installed 4 new speakers, 2 new amplifiers, new head unit and a new iPod interface unit. I come home to notice that my outer fairing wasn't installed properly. So what do I do, remove the turn signals and the 6 screws and realign the fairing and go to screw it back together and my tabs that the screws goes into is stripped out! I'm very upset and frustrated with bike now! now I have to go back to the dealership and make them order me another outer fairing and my stereo still doesn't work! Is there anyone on here that has had any success with the dealership fixing their issue without having to use an aftermarket system, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! IM VERY FRUSTRATED NOW AND I HAVE A 2400 MILE RIDE IN 2 DAYS WITH NO MUSIC. SMDH!!!! HELP!!!!

MBONub

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide CVO
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 05:26:05 PM »

Has anyone just upgraded the speakers and amp? If so what did you go with?  I have the same issues as everyone above. 

MGuns

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 03:15:32 AM »

Yes, Alpine KTP-445U with J&M speakers up front. Problem solved until I was broadsided on my way to work one morning.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/814540-alpine-ktp-445u-installation-and-tips.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 24 queries.